Forums > General Industry > MySpace allowing 300 pictures!

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

I just found out that MySpace is allowing each profile to post 300 pictures!  It's a "Happy New Years" present!  This is posted on my Main page officially from Tom himself;

Happy New Year!  I've got a little gift for you all, made possible by 300 the movie! 

Some of you may have noticed already--the photo count has been increased to 300! You can now upload up to 300 photos. Enjoy! Next week we'll have albums so you can organize your photos. Enjoy and thanks to Warner Bros and 300 for making this possible!

If this is indeed true, I will be closing my OMP account sooner than later!  Last year I spend too much money on that! Wow! 

If not for all the garbage on MySpace ... the hackers, spammers, spoofers, and general riff raff stuff that goes on there ... it would be perfect.

Jan 02 07 05:00 pm Link

Model

Jessalyn

Denver, Colorado, US

My thoughts: people are more willing to steal pictures from MySpace than from OMP.

So I only have like....12 pics on MySpace

Jan 02 07 05:02 pm Link

Photographer

fstopdreams

Chattanooga, Tennessee, US

Yes, good luck with that. Budget some time to reload every time your profile goes *poof* for no reason wink

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Patrick Walberg wrote:
If not for all the garbage on MySpace ... the hackers, spammers, spoofers, and general riff raff stuff that goes on there ... it would be perfect.

If not for all the garbage on MySpace ... the hackers, spammers, spoofers, and general riff raff stuff that goes on there ...
                                                          ... there would only be 26 members!

Model

YourJessicaLynn

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

MySpace really isnt that bad...
I have networked with a lot of people and I have never had any problems with it. I joined a few years ago, too. The only gripe I ever had was that too many bands like to add a million people on there, but now they have a box you can check that doesnt allow bands to send you friend requests.
MySpace works great for me!

Jan 02 07 05:03 pm Link

Photographer

Just Shoot Me Photograp

Lot of my work is fine art nudes to bad can't post them there.

Jan 02 07 05:04 pm Link

Photographer

Doug Vosler

Redlands, California, US

Off-Topic?

Jan 02 07 05:05 pm Link

Model

Rania

Montclair, New Jersey, US

I think they went a little bit overboard.
300 pictures?!?
I cant even imagine.

Jan 02 07 05:07 pm Link

Photographer

nathan combs

Waynesboro, Virginia, US

i allredy have all most 700 on photo.net smile i may do it i do not know

Jan 02 07 05:07 pm Link

Photographer

Just Shoot Me Photograp

YourJessicaLynn wrote:
I have networked with a lot of people and I have never had any problems with it. I joined a few years ago, too. The only gripe I ever had was that too many bands like to add a million people on there, but now they have a box you can check that doesnt allow bands to send you friend requests.

Oh I had this piece of crap band want to add me  http://www.myspace.com/agirlagunaghost
So I added them told them how much they sucked all over there page then removed them.The comment was up there for like a week. If there music is bad i will let them know it.i don't care.

Jan 02 07 05:12 pm Link

Photographer

B Ellis Photography

Arlington, Texas, US

Yeah, it's pretty cool.  I noticed that I was able to upload more then 20 images last month.  Love it.  I am able to stay in touch with a lot more models and network with all type of people.  Myspace has been great to me!  Nobody asking for TFP's either!  That virus hasn't hit myspace just yet!!!  Check me out at www.myspace.com/bellisphotography.

Photographer

Craig Thomson

Tacoma, Washington, US

YourJessicaLynn wrote:

Nice post. Positive outlook on what some call junk.

I’m on there to network as well and get request from a few bands, but that’s because I shoot them locally.

It looks like you’ve found another “tool” to use to help promote yourself. Well done.

Model

Samantha Grace

Los Angeles, California, US

300 is a bit much. I would have been happy with 15-20.

Jan 02 07 05:17 pm Link

Photographer

nathan combs

Waynesboro, Virginia, US

just a thought wouldn't it make it harder to "police" with more photos ie.. more content

Jan 02 07 05:21 pm Link

Photographer

Geo Silva

Whittier, California, US

YourJessicaLynn wrote:

Me too... and let's face it, they can steal your pics from anywhere online.  I let my omp account go since December.

Jan 02 07 05:23 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Trevor Snyder wrote:
Yes, good luck with that. Budget some time to reload every time your profile goes *poof* for no reason wink

I've been pretty lucky, but then I change my password every week.  The reason profiles go "poof" for no reason might because of how easy it is to phish for passwords. 

One of the things that ModelMayhem does is send us computer generated passes.  That makes a difference in security.   Also we don't have spammers with phishing traps sending out bullions every minute!

Jan 02 07 05:24 pm Link

Photographer

Craig Thomson

Tacoma, Washington, US

I have 30 images posted now. I try to post new shoots as well as some of my favorites so the second page is cool.

I like the tools at the top of the page to network.

“ Home | Browse | Search | Invite | Film | Mail | Blog | Favorites | Forum | Groups | Events | Videos | Music | Comedy | Classifieds “

Easy to use and quit helpful at times of shows or group events in my area.

Jan 02 07 05:25 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Geo Silva wrote:

Me too... and let's face it, they can steal your pics from anywhere online.  I let my OMP account go since December.

Yes, as hard as OMP has tried, I can still copy/paste the pictures from there depending on my browser.  People with MACS don't even need to worry!  They can get anything!

Jan 02 07 05:26 pm Link

Photographer

l0stinsandieg0

Escondido, California, US

See you all in awhile, I'm gonna go look for those pics I hid under the bed, ahahaahaha.

Jan 02 07 05:30 pm Link

Model

YourJessicaLynn

There is also the Hyper Snap tool where you can get anything anyway, protected or not! smile

Jan 02 07 05:36 pm Link

Clothing Designer

Damsel White Label

Houston, Texas, US

I knew they'd do that sooner or later.  For awhile, Facebook had the monopoly on "where to put pics from this weekend's party".   Then facebook started allowing high schoolers and riffraff and it got all creepy...

Hmm.  Perhaps it is the cool website's imminent doom that it will attract idiots and get creepy.

Jan 02 07 05:36 pm Link

Photographer

00siris

New York, New York, US

Patrick Walberg wrote:
I just found out that MySpace is allowing each profile to post 300 pictures!  It's a "Happy New Years" present!  This is posted on my Main page officially from Tom himself;

Happy New Year!  I've got a little gift for you all, made possible by 300 the movie! 

Some of you may have noticed already--the photo count has been increased to 300! You can now upload up to 300 photos. Enjoy! Next week we'll have albums so you can organize your photos. Enjoy and thanks to Warner Bros and 300 for making this possible!

If this is indeed true, I will be closing my OMP account sooner than later!  Last year I spend too much money on that! Wow! 

too many
besides, from what I hear they are trying to gain ownership for all pictures posted

Jan 02 07 06:10 pm Link

Model

MsHeidi

Jessheim, Akershus, Norway

it doesn't really matter where you post your shit, someone will take it and do what ever they want, was that news????
Well,, I'm happy about my 300 and I will use it! smile

Jan 02 07 06:12 pm Link

Model

MsHeidi

too many
besides, from what I hear they are trying to gain ownership for all pictures posted

Might be to many, but the ownership part it a load of BS, how that crap would they manage that by the way?

Jan 02 07 06:14 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

00siris wrote:

too many

I think it's way too many pictures to offer! Heck, most photographers here don't even have that many pictures on their personal websites.  It probably will either not be used .. as is the case with the video clips, or it will be abused in ways no one imagined!  LOL

Jan 02 07 06:17 pm Link

Model

Arthur's Town, Cat Island, Bahamas

Jessalyn wrote:
My thoughts: people are more willing to steal pictures from MySpace than from OMP.

So I only have like....12 pics on MySpace

Yup, I think it's kinda absurd. Whatever people wanna do though. I'll keep my 12. Who wants to scroll through 300 pictures?

Jan 02 07 06:19 pm Link

Photographer

afterdarc studios

San Diego, California, US

on my personal i have 50 something.  on my business i have 100 something.  i can't image posting 300.  that's just way too much lolz

Jan 02 07 06:21 pm Link

Photographer

Veteres Vitri

MAYLENE, Alabama, US

Just Shoot Me Photograp wrote:
Lot of my work is fine art nudes to bad can't post them there.

photoshop elmo's head on the naughty bits.

Jan 02 07 06:23 pm Link

Photographer

Chris Beyond

Tustin, California, US

Only 300?!? Call me when they allow 10,000. ;D

Yeah 300 is a bit much, but I guess I'm glad it's there when I need it.

~ Chris

Jan 02 07 06:25 pm Link

Model

ELPHA

New York, New York, US

I think it's too many. It would be useful to some..fotogs for example.. but it's still a ridiculously large number..

Jan 02 07 06:33 pm Link

Photographer

pkm images

Glendale, California, US

That would be great. But if people are stealing images, I guess I should start water marking my images.

Jan 02 07 06:44 pm Link

Model

MsHeidi

pkmimages wrote:
That would be great. But if people are stealing images, I guess I should start water marking my images.

Hun, there is NOTHING new about people stealing your shit...sorry

Jan 02 07 06:48 pm Link

Photographer

Hugh Jorgen

Ashland, Oregon, US

smile

Opps!!

I have dial-up

myspace.com/siskiyou

(:--------

Hj

Jan 02 07 06:49 pm Link

Model

YourJessicaLynn

The reason they are offering 300 pics is because it is sponsored by the new movie, called "300".... Im not complaining, if people want to use up all 300, fine! I dont have to! smile

Jan 02 07 08:27 pm Link

Model

Courtney King

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

im glad theyre letting us have more pictures but 300? yeah that a little too much, but it doesnt matter to me. More pictures!!!

Jan 02 07 08:30 pm Link

Model

Amber Dawn - Indiana

Salem, Indiana, US

Trevor Snyder wrote:

There's always a reason why it goes "poof" smile

Jan 03 07 12:04 am Link

Photographer

PK Brazil

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Who ever flips past the first page of photos anyways?  Oh yeah, stalkers.  That's right.

Jan 03 07 12:10 am Link

Model

DELETE ACCOUNT

Eškašem, Badakhshan, Afghanistan

I'm gonna have fun with this - 300 photos!  Yeehah!

www.myspace.com/kathaysmodel

Jan 03 07 12:13 am Link

Model

Janeisy Griego

Seattle, Washington, US

YourJessicaLynn wrote:
The reason they are offering 300 pics is because it is sponsored by the new movie, called "300".... Im not complaining, if people want to use up all 300, fine! I dont have to! smile

...Not relevant, but "300" the movie is going to be amazing. Pick up the graphic novel by the great Frank Miller...because it kicks ass!

Jan 03 07 12:04 pm Link

Photographer

byReno

Arlington Heights, Illinois, US

Jenn Griego wrote:

...Not relevant, but "300" the movie is going to be amazing. Pick up the graphic novel by the great Frank Miller...because it kicks ass!

I've seen a trailer on this about 4-6 months ago.  You are right.  It is going to kick ass.

Didn't I read something about posting pictures on Myspace gives them usage rights?

Jan 03 07 12:18 pm Link