Forums > General Industry > How Bad....

Photographer

Ron Casas Photography

Chapin, South Carolina, US

Models how bad do you want it????

I was watching the first America’s next top model, this morning and was impressed with the winner Adrianne Curry’s drive and where with all.

She gave it what she had, was herself and was not fake. She got food poisoning (pretended being well to continue), shot in the dead of winter on a NYC roof top in a swimsuit. Got nude for a shoot without question when ½ of the remaining models at that point would not do the nude shoot (look what that go them, a bus ride home). I wonder how many here would do what she did to make it to the top?

Ron

Jan 02 07 04:04 pm Link

Model

Ava Roulette

Reno, Nevada, US

To me that isn't anything totally over the top. If you're scheduled to shoot and you're not feeling well - you shoot. If a nude photo session is required - you shoot. Seems to me it simply comes with the territory.

Jan 02 07 04:06 pm Link

Photographer

Ron Casas Photography

Chapin, South Carolina, US

Demo wrote:
To me that isn't anything totally over the top. If you're scheduled to shoot and you're not feeling well - you shoot. If a nude photo session is required - you shoot. Seems to me it simply comes with the territory.

This may be true for you but I have read threads about "models" that no show because thier friend got sick...lol

Jan 02 07 04:09 pm Link

Model

YourJessicaLynn

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

Im not specifically looking to make it to the "top" per say, Im basically in this for something creative to do, but I would basically do (almost) anything for really great shots. Im saying almost because as of right now, Im not doing nudity. (For personal reasons) The shoot I did with the horse was in an unheated barn and outside under a pole shed and it was FOUR degrees outside. I was in a strapless dress! smile The pics turned out nicely though.

Jan 02 07 04:12 pm Link

Model

Ava Roulette

Reno, Nevada, US

Ron Casas wrote:
This may be true for you but I have read threads about "models" that no show because thier friend got sick...lol

I forget sometimes that just because I was only that irresponsible at 8 years old, it doesn't mean others have grown up, as well... haha...

Jan 02 07 04:14 pm Link

Model

K Ann

Renton, Washington, US

Demo wrote:

I agree. Maybe she just understood what she was getting into better than the other girls, maybe more professional too. And she's photogenic, pretty winning combo.

Jan 03 07 08:14 am Link

Model

K Ann

Renton, Washington, US

Ron Casas wrote:

Maybe she got shy and was looking for a way out?

That's a really dumb excuse. I think a model owes a photographer a little more professionalism than that. Unless his\her friend had to go to the hospital or something.

Jan 03 07 08:16 am Link

Photographer

Aaron S

Syracuse, Indiana, US

There's a photo out there, I can't remember who shot it. Of Irving Penn's wife, and it's on the lattice work, a good portion of the way up the Eiffel tower...after that, posing while not feeling well doesn't seem like such an accomplishment.

Jan 03 07 08:18 am Link

Model

NC17

Baltimore, Maryland, US

This really depends on your goals and how you define success.

I feel like I have much of the same drive. I was up on a roof on December 31st in might as well have been nudes. It way gray and cloudy and windy, which is NOT a good combination for me to be out in. I can only do so much work at that point before I start shivering very hard and have goosebumps and my skin begins to turn blue. At that point, pictures don't turn out as well because I am not natural enough despite the control I am trying to exert. I did it anyway, and we didn't stay up there for too long, so it wasn't too bad. I think some of the shots will be fun.

I did have to cancel the other day because I had a shoot 3 hours away, and my boyfriend got REALLY sick (like couldn't get further than 10 feet from a bathroom for several hours) however, the shoot was 3 hours away, and I don't drive by myself. I needed to stay home and take care of him anyway, which I am glad that I did because he was very ill for the whole day.

Things happen, I'll reschedule as soon as I can, and will probably shoot with the photographer for a bit longer as a thank you for not getting upset about the cancellation. Things happen, thats a part of life.

I do believe I am quite serious about my modeling and my goals. I work really hard to achieve them, and feel that I am successful. I am down to earth, and don't mess around, but I am also really understanding when things happen. Thats a part of life. Since I am not planning on going to the top, I don't mind cancelling once in a while. Thats the first time that I have truely cancelled in the year and a half that I have been doing this.

Jan 03 07 09:43 am Link

Photographer

afterdarc studios

San Diego, California, US

did someone say Adrianne Curry?

*promotional plug #133082*

https://www.afterdarc.net/misc/DSC_2789.jpg

Jan 03 07 09:52 am Link

Model

spyro2122

Orlando, Florida, US

afterdarc studios wrote:
did someone say Adrianne Curry?

*promotional plug #133082*

https://www.afterdarc.net/misc/DSC_2789.jpg

Thats cool!!

Jan 03 07 10:14 am Link

Model

e-string

Kansas City, Missouri, US

Yeah, it's too bad she's already a has-been. lol

And I've already done more difficult shoots than she did.

Jan 03 07 10:16 am Link

Photographer

Kentsoul

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

Ron Casas wrote:
Models how bad do you want it????

I was watching the first America’s next top model, this morning and was impressed with the winner Adrianne Curry’s drive and where with all.

She gave it what she had, was herself and was not fake. She got food poisoning (pretended being well to continue), shot in the dead of winter on a NYC roof top in a swimsuit. Got nude for a shoot without question when ½ of the remaining models at that point would not do the nude shoot (look what that go them, a bus ride home). I wonder how many here would do what she did to make it to the top?

Ron

No big deal there.  I've had models do all the above [and more]...With nothing more on the line than a disc of images.  The trick is to find people who really give a toss about creating something and not settling for the first nice face/hot body that comes along claiming to be a "model".

Jan 03 07 10:21 am Link