Forums > General Industry > best artificial way to get rid of BAGS on the Eyes

Photographer

theedge

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

What's best way to get rid of Bags under the eyes..MUA's or anyone else.. I have bags and I have a photoshoot of myself soon..and I have bags that can be used to put art work & used as shelf space for books.

What's a quick method that can be done ASAP..other than operation..

The Edge--GMX

Jan 02 07 03:57 pm Link

Photographer

Bondo Photo

Glen Burnie, Maryland, US

One thing I learned through trial and error is to get the angle of the lighting correct. Lighting aimed directly at eye level worked best. It's not so much the bags you see, it's the shadows they cast.

Probably not the answer you were looking for, but that's my two cents worth. Hope it helps.

Jan 02 07 04:13 pm Link

Photographer

Miles Chandler

Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Photoshop: healing brush. Two swipes and you're done.

Jan 02 07 04:50 pm Link

Model

Wenzel

Singapore, Singapore, Singapore

Preparation H - Highly Caffeinated Tea Bags

Jan 02 07 08:05 pm Link

Photographer

Steve Thornton

Atlanta, Georgia, US

theedge wrote:
What's best way to get rid of Bags under the eyes..MUA's or anyone else.. I have bags and I have a photoshoot of myself soon..and I have bags that can be used to put art work & used as shelf space for books.

What's a quick method that can be done ASAP..other than operation..

The Edge--GMX

Photoshop. Better than anything else and it works everytime.

Steve Thornton
http://www.stevethornton.com/

Jan 02 07 09:57 pm Link

Photographer

Ed Stringbourne

Kansas City, Missouri, US

I normally use clone stamp. Works pretty much the same way as the healing brush tool.

Jan 02 07 09:59 pm Link

Photographer

Digiography

Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada

DannyBourne wrote:
I normally use clone stamp. Works pretty much the same way as the healing brush tool.

I also cast my vote for the clone stamp over the healing brush for this application, set at low opacity, low flow, applied patiently with a small brush.  You avoid bleeding this way that sometimes happens when you come too close to the eye with a slightly too large healing brush.

Jan 02 07 10:05 pm Link

Photographer

theedge

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Wenzel wrote:
Preparation H - Highly Caffeinated Tea Bags

You got it...I'm actually going to model myself..

however all the advice for my future photoshoots will help.. I got two answers to one question...

2 for 1..

Thanks

The Edge--GMX

Jan 02 07 11:00 pm Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

Bellingham, Washington, US

Digiography wrote:

I also cast my vote for the clone stamp over the healing brush for this application, set at low opacity, low flow, applied patiently with a small brush.  You avoid bleeding this way that sometimes happens when you come too close to the eye with a slightly too large healing brush.

Try selecting the eye first, then Invert the selection. Can't smear what is not selected.

Jan 02 07 11:55 pm Link

Photographer

FlirtynFun Photography

Houston, Texas, US

other than what's been suggested...get LOTS of rest!

Jan 03 07 12:00 am Link

Model

Amber Dawn - Indiana

Salem, Indiana, US

Get enough sleep.

Jan 03 07 12:00 am Link

Photographer

Click Hamilton

San Diego, California, US

clone tool, 50% opacity, soft brush that's about double the size of the bag, light strokes with a pen tablet

Jan 03 07 12:08 am Link

Photographer

Miles Chandler

Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Prodigal M wrote:

Try selecting the eye first, then Invert the selection. Can't smear what is not selected.

That's what I do. Clone stamp keeps skin texture, and it should be very fine under the eyes. Either way works though. Less messy than tea bags:-)

Jan 03 07 12:15 pm Link

Model

Rachel Jay

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Certain cosmetic companies have eye-brightening creams.  I myself use Neutrogina's and am pretty happy with it.  I have more dark circles than bags though, which are easier to cover with makeup.

I vote with lots of sleep, and perhaps a cooling mask (one of those gel ones you put in the fridge) for a few nights before the shoot.  Never done the prep H and caffiniated teabag thing... worth a shot I suppose, though I'm not sure I'd put prep H on my face before a shoot without trying it out a few weeks before (in case of bad reaction).

Good luck smile

Jan 03 07 01:20 pm Link

Photographer

ward

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Patch tool. Then clone stamp. Then a soft brush to smooth the skin where the edits were made. smile

Jan 03 07 01:24 pm Link