Forums > General Industry > fox racing models

Model

Michelle Vatcher

Fresno, California, US

Has anyone ever modeled for them or have been a event promotional model for them before? I am just really courious as to what you think. I am just starting with it and want to know what to look forward to.

Dec 30 06 11:52 pm Link

Photographer

Star

Los Angeles, California, US

as far as I can tell they don't exist. My advice, get their employer I.D. number and also their BL number to make sure they are legit,

Star

Jan 01 07 02:28 am Link

Photographer

Mortonovich

San Diego, California, US

I think she means Fox Racing. It's a motorcycle aftermarket products company.
http://www.foxracing.com/us/en/fox/
Oh, and no, I don't know anyone who's involved. They are such a huge company that I'm guessing they go through an agency for talent.

Jan 01 07 01:54 pm Link

Model

-Tiffany-

Tracy, California, US

howd you get with them? ive always wanted to

Jan 01 07 09:37 pm Link

Photographer

Uvision Media LLC

Central Square, New York, US

If you are talking about Fox Racing as in the motorcycle company then I'd have to say jump your ass right on board with them if you have a shot at working with them. That's a major company and great for your resume. Make good friends with them because it could lead to even bigger gigs.

Jan 01 07 10:19 pm Link

Model

Michelle Vatcher

Fresno, California, US

Thank you so much! I just needed some reasurrance ( I know that i spelt wrong!).

Jan 01 07 10:27 pm Link

Photographer

afterdarc studios

every city has thier own promotional models.  fox racing is pretty established, so the pay should be good.

Jan 02 07 02:40 am Link

Photographer

Hamza

New York, New York, US

afterdarc studios wrote:
every city has thier own promotional models.  fox racing is pretty established, so the pay should be good.

Don't count on it, most  businesses use outside promotional companies so they don't have to deal with the day to day bullshit.

Star wrote:
as far as I can tell they don't exist.

Well thank goodness you are a photographer and not a model...

Fox Racing, Inc.
18400 Sutter Blvd.
Morgan Hill, CA 95037
(408) 776-8633
(888) 852-6913

That should get you all the info you need.

Good Luck!

Jan 02 07 02:48 am Link

Photographer

afterdarc studios

Hamza wrote:
Don't count on it, most  businesses use outside promotional companies so they don't have to deal with the day to day bullshit.

what you just said is bullshit.

smile

every clothing company that i've worked with in the past NEVER used outside promotional companies.  thanks!

Jan 02 07 02:53 am Link

Photographer

Mortonovich

Michelle and Tiffany
I know that a guy named Simon Cudby shoots a lot of their stuff but it's a damn big company so they might have different people doing different things.
http://www.cudbyphoto.com/

I'm not sure if it's specifically Fox and only Fox you're going after, but if it's the bike scene you're interested in, there's a group called Umbrella Girls that does promo at the races for various companies. 

Also, Monster and Rockstar always have promo talent at the races. Sometimes they use friends of friends, other times they hire out from what I hear.

Another thing you might try is the various competitions. Like "Miss Supercross" and that sort of thing.

http://www.supercrossonline.com/feature … 12-27.3526

Also, as always, check out
http://www.newmodels.com/

Best of luck!

Jan 02 07 03:32 am Link

Photographer

Hamza

New York, New York, US

afterdarc studios wrote:

Hamza wrote:

what you just said is bullshit.

smile

every clothing company that i've worked with in the past NEVER used outside promotional companies.  thanks!

I guess you haven't worked with large clothing companies then...

Ford, Chevrolet, Cadillac, and Yamaha, just to name a few, use outside Promotional Companies.  It is to their benefit because of certain tax laws and for other liability reasons.  When a 'LARGE' company hires an outside Promotion Company, they don't have to worry about Workmans Comp, Liability Insurance, etc...

You don't have to believe me, call around and call the 'LARGE' companies and see who does their promotions...

Just for the record, mom and pop businesses are exempt from my statements.

Jan 02 07 03:48 am Link

Model

OC Girl

Costa Mesa, California, US

In regards to some of the previous comments.  In my experience, both of you are right.  I am registered with a lot of promotional companies.  Some offer contracts with companies.  I work for the National Auto Show through Gail & Rice and travel.  Some companies, like Convention Models and Talent, notify me when there is a casting in my area.  Sometimes, travel expenses are covered, but mostly not.  They use local talent, but through an agency.  However, there are small promotions companies and also individual companies that hire locally.  I see a lot on craigslist and they aren't no name people.  Rockstar had a casting last week in Irvine for 4 print and event models to travel around the U.S.

To the OP, work with Fox Racing.  I'd also suggest registering with a few promotional and event agencies.  You may get a contract, you may be part of their database.  Different ones cater to different things.  You could do sporting events, in store demos, liquer, tradeshows, etc.  Oh, and have fun.  I'm sure you'll get to do some cool events.

Jan 02 07 12:43 pm Link

Model

DELETE ACCOUNT

Eškašem, Badakhshan, Afghanistan

Oh, Michelle, that's fantastic!  Congratulations to you!  Man, what a good feeling to read threads like this one!

Happy
Kathy

Jan 02 07 02:37 pm Link

Photographer

afterdarc studios

Hamza wrote:
I guess you haven't worked with large clothing companies then...

Ford, Chevrolet, Cadillac, and Yamaha, just to name a few, use outside Promotional Companies.  It is to their benefit because of certain tax laws and for other liability reasons.  When a 'LARGE' company hires an outside Promotion Company, they don't have to worry about Workmans Comp, Liability Insurance, etc...

You don't have to believe me, call around and call the 'LARGE' companies and see who does their promotions...

Just for the record, mom and pop businesses are exempt from my statements.

blah blah blah.  we are talking about fox racing, not ford or chevy.  you're such a name dropper lolz

and judging by your portfolio, i doubt you even worked for any of the names you dropped, other than being a used car salesman.

HA!

Jan 02 07 06:27 pm Link

Photographer

richard boswell

New York, New York, US

jeeze hamza ...

i'd say stomp him again but ...

what would be the point.

rich

afterdarc studios wrote:
blah blah blah.  we are talking about fox racing, not ford or chevy.  you're such a name dropper lolz

and judging by your portfolio, i doubt you even worked for any of the names you dropped, other than being a used car salesman.

HA!

Jan 02 07 06:48 pm Link

Model

Michelle Vatcher

Fresno, California, US

OC Girl wrote:
In regards to some of the previous comments.  In my experience, both of you are right.  I am registered with a lot of promotional companies.  Some offer contracts with companies.  I work for the National Auto Show through Gail & Rice and travel.  Some companies, like Convention Models and Talent, notify me when there is a casting in my area.  Sometimes, travel expenses are covered, but mostly not.  They use local talent, but through an agency.  However, there are small promotions companies and also individual companies that hire locally.  I see a lot on craigslist and they aren't no name people.  Rockstar had a casting last week in Irvine for 4 print and event models to travel around the U.S.

To the OP, work with Fox Racing.  I'd also suggest registering with a few promotional and event agencies.  You may get a contract, you may be part of their database.  Different ones cater to different things.  You could do sporting events, in store demos, liquer, tradeshows, etc.  Oh, and have fun.  I'm sure you'll get to do some cool events.

Hey thanks,
   Hey do you know of any others agenies in cali that I could call? I would love anything you could give me!

Michelle

Jan 03 07 12:07 am Link

Photographer

afterdarc studios

richard boswell wrote:
jeeze hamza ...

i'd say stomp him again but ...

what would be the point.

rich

and who are you?  his bed buddy?

we could go on and on about the promotional business and you will insist you guys are right.  my "business" is based on "promotions", so whatever you say is "whatever".  ALOT (not saying all) companies have thier "own" casting couch and WILL make thier promotional models sign "waivers" stating that they are not liable for "this and that".

i've checked out hamza's "extensive" client list.  yeah, i could name all the people i've worked with too, but looking at his work, i'm really not impressed at all.  he doesn't even have a business website!

and about YOUR work, there isn't really anything to show for now is there?

Jan 03 07 09:28 am Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

afterdarc studios wrote:

This seems an unwarranted assumption.

Michelle Vatcher wrote:
Has anyone ever modeled for them or have been a event promotional model for them before? I am just really courious as to what you think. I am just starting with it and want to know what to look forward to.

All we know from the OP is that she is "just starting with it" (presumably meaning promotional  modeling) and that she seems to have been offered at least one gig for Fox Racing.  Whether that is direct to FR or through a promotional company isn't known (although one might assume it is direct);  whether it is intended as a one-time gig or a contract as a long-term promotional model or spokesmodel also isn't known.

There is a difference between "modeling" (in which case clothing companies generally use outside agencies to acquire models) and "promotions" (despite the fact that it is called "promotional modeling") for clothing companies.  It appears tha latter is meant here, but the circumstances are very much in doubt.  It hardly seems reasonable to make any assumption about pay, given that.

Jan 03 07 10:07 am Link

Model

OC Girl

Costa Mesa, California, US

Michelle Vatcher wrote:

Hey thanks,
   Hey do you know of any others agenies in cali that I could call? I would love anything you could give me!

Michelle

Hi Michelle

We're in different areas of the state, so local companies wouldn't do you any good.  I would check the events and gigs sections of craigslist because they always have promotions.  I will send you a message regarding some of the national companies I'm with.

Jan 03 07 02:28 pm Link