Forums > General Industry > Careful what you say in Forums

Photographer

Photos By Deej

Tumwater, Washington, US

I've made several postings on the forums and one came back to haunt me.  You know how we can sometimes vent about about photographer or model w/out naming names.  Well someone knew who I was talking about and went back and told the manager of the model who I had the problem and the manager got pissed at me.  I was seeking others opinions of the situation that occured yet I was called crazy by the guy who told the model's manager.  then w/o going into specifics the manager called my behavior regarding the shoot unethical and unprofessional.  I was taken aback.  I know I'm doing it again but what is the forum for?

Dec 30 06 03:49 am Link

Photographer

IrisSwope

Dallas, Texas, US

But the guy you were talking about was crazy!

The guy with no chapstick? who wouldn't wear the clothes on the list....

Dec 30 06 03:51 am Link

Photographer

PJQ Photography

Los Angeles, California, US

You can take the adults out of elementary school, but you can't take the elementary school out of the adults - I guess there's little tattletales roaming these forums.  What a surprise.

Paul

Dec 30 06 03:54 am Link

Photographer

J C ModeFotografie

Photos By Deej wrote:
I've made several postings on the forums and one came back to haunt me.  You know how we can sometimes vent about about photographer or model w/out naming names.  Well someone knew who I was talking about and went back and told the manager of the model who I had the problem and the manager got pissed at me.  I was seeking others opinions of the situation that occured yet I was called crazy by the guy who told the model's manager.  then w/o going into specifics the manager called my behavior regarding the shoot unethical and unprofessional.  I was taken aback.  I know I'm doing it again but what is the forum for?

First of all: why should it be an issue with them if you didn't name names?  This is why I don't deal with so-called managers!

Deej - you are better off without them!

JAY carreon
PHOTOGRAPHER

Dec 30 06 03:55 am Link

Photographer

Night Owl Photography

Atkinson, Illinois, US

If it's already bitten you once, why are you bringing it up again, in a new thread?

Dec 30 06 03:57 am Link

Model

CrazyRussianHelicopter

Madison, Alabama, US

I'll say even better:  "Be careful what you say. period."

Dec 30 06 03:58 am Link

Photographer

Photos By Deej

Tumwater, Washington, US

Iris Swope wrote:

OMG! How did you know which model and forum post I was talking about when I didn't even say.  Damn your good!

Dec 30 06 04:09 am Link

Photographer

IrisSwope

Dallas, Texas, US

I remembered it smile  (MM is my life) lol

Dec 30 06 04:10 am Link

Photographer

Tog

Birmingham, Alabama, US

Ok, I'm not naming names.. But you're all assholes..

Did it make you feel better that I didn't name names?

If you're worried about the consequences of what you might say... Don't freakin' say it!

This, "psst, psst.. Man you should hear about this guy.. Not namin' names, but you know the one I'm talking about......" is bullshit..

Grow up.

Dec 30 06 04:12 am Link

Photographer

IrisSwope

Dallas, Texas, US

Actually, in his original post. He was asking if he was expecting too much from the model... Whom he paid.

And the model pretty much didn't do a thing he was hired for

I believe it was probably fellow forum members who called names.

But atleast they know that everyone thinks they're stupid smile

Dec 30 06 04:21 am Link

Photographer

jeffrey david cohn

Clyde, North Carolina, US

W.G. Rowland wrote:

If you're worried about the consequences of what you might say... Don't freakin' say it!

This, "psst, psst.. Man you should hear about this guy.. Not namin' names, but you know the one I'm talking about......" is bullshit..

Grow up.

thanks- well said.

Dec 30 06 04:25 am Link

Photographer

Tog

Birmingham, Alabama, US

Asking a question about a current situation.. Even in general terms.. In a forum you KNOW may well be frequented by the subject in question, people who know the subject in question, etc.. Be prepared for the fallout (however stupid and nonsensical it may be, and I have some first hand knowledge of that..)  Or don't post..

Dec 30 06 04:26 am Link

Photographer

mccStudio

Santa Cruz, California, US

more poo poo on MM for my brain

Dec 30 06 04:32 am Link

Model

Tiara Lestari

Jhanaydāh, Jhanaydāh, Bangladesh

mcStudio wrote:
more poo poo on MM for my brain

lol

Dec 30 06 04:42 am Link

Model

DELETE ACCOUNT

Eškašem, Badakhshan, Afghanistan

(danced/listened to "That Smell" earlier tonight)

No doubt, you guys - smelled something just like that (or death) coming up from a few posts into the self-nomination thread.  big_smile  It's called jealous gossip.  You're right.  It is bullshit, and isn't surprising whenever you consider the source.

Kathy Jean
3:55A CST Central Illinois

W.G. Rowland wrote:

Grow up.

jeffcfetish wrote:
thanks- well said.

Dec 30 06 04:56 am Link

Model

LaViolette

Hollywood, Florida, US

god, I hate that whole situation. As long as you're not naming names & not trashing the subject of your post, but merely asking for advice, people need to leave well enough alone. You should be able to go on a forum & ask advice w/ out people trying to rat u out. I'm sorry this happened to you, but from now on I'd just pm the situation to 1 or 2 people on mm that you respect & have worked with to get advice.

Dec 30 06 12:53 pm Link

Photographer

c_d_s

Lubbock, Texas, US

Why do you care what a sluggo says?

Dec 30 06 01:58 pm Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

I really can't see why you would be concerned about what you say in a public forum that anyone can read.

Dec 30 06 02:02 pm Link

Photographer

LeDeux Art

San Ramon, California, US

Iris Swope wrote:

i dont mean to be crazy

Dec 30 06 02:05 pm Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

isnt that so cool how that works..i can almost direct a message to someone i dont want to speak to..i just say the stuff around folks i know will run back like little babies and squeal...

Dec 30 06 02:06 pm Link

Photographer

Gems of Nature in N Atl

North Atlanta, Georgia, US

stay the hell out of the kitchen if........................

Dec 30 06 02:09 pm Link

Photographer

Jay Bowman

Photos By Deej wrote:
Careful what you say in Forums

Photos By Deej wrote:
I know I'm doing it again but...

No buts...

Dec 30 06 02:39 pm Link

Photographer

Searcher

New York, New York, US

Photos By Deej wrote:

Never say something you don't want the world to know in a spot that is indexed by Google.

Dec 30 06 05:00 pm Link

Model

Josie Nutter

Seattle, Washington, US

I try not to trash talk people online in general.  It ALWAYS gets back.  I prefer to do any gossiping in person, and only when the people I'm talking to are probably too intoxicated to remember (or at least remember reliably).

Dec 31 06 04:01 am Link

Photographer

IrisSwope

Dallas, Texas, US

Josie Nutter wrote:
I try not to trash talk people online in general.  It ALWAYS gets back.  I prefer to do any gossiping in person, and only when the people I'm talking to are probably too intoxicated to remember (or at least remember reliably).

hehe. That doesn't work for me. I talk loud...

Dec 31 06 04:13 am Link

Photographer

Craig Thomson

Tacoma, Washington, US

I would think some people would be more embarrassed with what’s in their profile/portfolio then what they say in a post, but your 100% right.

I’ve changed my mind to work with a few people based on how they “carry” themselves in conversation. Crass and belligerent attitude is not a welcome mat for friendship in my opinion, so I choose to take a leave from the decision to work with them.

Good post, thank you Deej.

Dec 31 06 05:38 pm Link

Photographer

M B

Chicago, Illinois, US

Model Managers ...... LOL !

Dec 31 06 05:43 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Riannan the Artist

Punta Gorda, Florida, US

I would think some people would be more embarrassed with what’s in their profile/portfolio then what they say in a post, but your 100% right.
--I agree with Craig on this one!

Freedom of speech.

As long as no one comes and hunts you down you'll be fine smile

Dec 31 06 05:49 pm Link

Photographer

giovanni gruttola

Middle Island, New York, US

https://www.twostars.de/images/P0406.gif
Wow... twice in one day I get to use Taxi Driver quotes

Dec 31 06 05:58 pm Link

Photographer

Daguerre

Orange, California, US

I think you should call it as you see it-- just don't complain about the flack when it comes back and slaps you in the ass.  If I have a problem with talent, and the manager was the one who introduced, then its the manager I give the bad report to.  If the shoot was set up outside of the manager's awareness, then its none of his business.  If said manager chooses to try and give me attitude about my public comments, I'll let him know he's welcomed to kiss my butt.

If you can not back up your thesis about someone else, you need to hold your tongue.

Dec 31 06 06:20 pm Link

Photographer

RGK Photography

Wilton, Connecticut, US

Photos By Deej wrote:

Are you right? If you aren't you should have never made the post. Otherwise, so what.

Are you afraid of hurting someones feelings?

Dec 31 06 08:08 pm Link

Photographer

Scott Harrill

Forest City, North Carolina, US

Be careful when the urge to play Dirty Harry emerges. It is usually only successful in an Eastwood movie. And the person who deserves trashing just may also have a real '45 and no conscience.

Dec 31 06 10:40 pm Link