Forums > General Industry > Human Mannequins/ JRP finally paid off!

Model

Synthia Poppins

Baltimore, Maryland, US

I was in Towson town mall the yesterday, and I was walking by cache and saw these mannequins, and I was like "wow they are really realistic" then I realised that they where real people. I inquired how does one get the job of being a mannequin and the recruiter inormed me that they were selected by a talent agency, John Robert Powers... then I was a little horrified because these girls probably paid alot of money to get to stand still in a mall window in ill fitting dresses... but seriously has anyone else seen these jrp mannequins? What you ya'll think?

Dec 29 06 10:16 am Link

Model

_Alexandra

Alexandria, Virginia, US

I haven't seen them yet.  So, did they mean they got the job through JRP school?

Dec 29 06 10:26 am Link

Model

Rebekah-Love

Atlanta, Georgia, US

The models in the window are "graduates" of the modeling school/agency.

I did the same thing thru Barbizon back in 2003/2004.  And they ususally don't get paid in cash but in "agency bucks" to purchase make-up, t-shirt, etc from the school/agency.

Also - in my case - the store gives the model a discount on the day she models.

The clothing stores are usually stores aimed at highschool aged girls.

Now I have been modeling for Cache' during prom season and when the new lines come out.  I work directly for them.  But the pay is still not cash but a store gift card - ususally $50 card for per day.

Dec 29 06 10:57 am Link

Model

Jessalyn

Denver, Colorado, US

ROFL

sucks for them. you shoulda poked them in the boob.

Dec 29 06 11:50 am Link

Photographer

Searcher

New York, New York, US

I remember some of the girls in my high school did that. Pays good money apparently. Though whether JRP takes a 90% cut on the ones you saw is anyone's guess.

Dec 29 06 01:51 pm Link