Forums > General Industry > on the nikon D50 easiest shooting mode?

Photographer

CMSimages

Ontario, California, US

i just got this cam, i know its an old model but it is plent good enuff for me.  When i try to take pics it only works some of the time, i am assuming this has to do with the focus so when focus it it still dont shoot.  What is the simplest shooting mode?  or one where it will take the pic everytime?  thank you

Dec 29 06 02:22 am Link

Photographer

mjkhfryimhg

Tucson, Arizona, US

try auto mode, it should be the green one but i dunno for sure.

the auto focus doesn't work all of the time though?

maybe you need to make sure its on or that the part its focusing on is where you want it to be.

sometime the switch gets knocked and it goes off.   hmm... I usually use manual, so sorry if i wasnt a big help

Dec 29 06 02:29 am Link

Photographer

CMSimages

Ontario, California, US

ya i tried the manual focus and auto focus, it is dark so the lighting my have an effect but still the flash shoud go off,   when its on auto focus its like it try but cant focus right and then wont take the pic

Dec 29 06 02:32 am Link

Photographer

tlprovince photography

Omaha, Arkansas, US

I have a Nikon D50, when I first got it I had to have it replaced..it seems that several people I know who purchased these...the autofocus went out after about a month...

Dec 29 06 02:34 am Link

Photographer

mjkhfryimhg

Tucson, Arizona, US

CMSimages wrote:
ya i tried the manual focus and auto focus, it is dark so the lighting my have an effect but still the flash shoud go off,   when its on auto focus its like it try but cant focus right and then wont take the pic

oh,

for the first part it is probably on a manua mode one of the PSAM.

the second is most likely due to lack of light.  The camera needs a lot of light to focus, so you might wanna have someone turn on the lights and then turn them off real quick before you shoot, or just shoot it manual.  AF wont work in low light, I dunno if the d50 has a little light that turns on when you try to focus, its like a flashlight in front.  Try to make sure that's on if it has it.

smile

Dec 29 06 02:35 am Link

Photographer

CMSimages

Ontario, California, US

ok first when the auto focus went out what was it doing?  2nd is there a mode that will just take the pic everytime?  I dont have alot of experience with these types of cameras so i dont know if its me or the camera lol

Dec 29 06 02:40 am Link

Photographer

mjkhfryimhg

Tucson, Arizona, US

i guess full auto might, but It wont help the autofocus.  I think your best bet is to focus manually.

Dec 29 06 02:42 am Link

Photographer

t_lacki

Baku, Bakı, Azerbaijan

Dec 29 06 03:54 am Link

Photographer

Tim Baker-fotoPerfecta

Portland, Oregon, US

Set it on Auto. The light sensor should come on if the light is too low to focus.  If it's on M the autofocus won't work under poor lighting conditions. P might also work, but again give the camera some light to work with - no camera works in the dark (unless you're working with infrared, I suppose).

Dec 29 06 04:00 am Link

Photographer

tlprovince photography

Omaha, Arkansas, US

CMSimages wrote:
ok first when the auto focus went out what was it doing?  2nd is there a mode that will just take the pic everytime?  I dont have alot of experience with these types of cameras so i dont know if its me or the camera lol

just as you were desribing, refusing to focus and when it did you could tell the photos were blurry

Dec 29 06 10:11 am Link

Photographer

bgcfoto

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

CMSimages wrote:
i just got this cam, i know its an old model but it is plent good enuff for me.  When i try to take pics it only works some of the time, i am assuming this has to do with the focus so when focus it it still dont shoot.  What is the simplest shooting mode?  or one where it will take the pic everytime?  thank you

lol man that was released in 2005, you make it sound ancient.  smile

Dec 29 06 10:16 am Link