Forums > General Industry > I just can't believe ...

Model

Dances with Wolves

SHAWNEE ON DELAWARE, Pennsylvania, US

Full Sun Photography wrote:
Perhaps it's you who don't like them because you don't want to be held accountable for agreements you might make on here..HA  HA..

Look at my port and try that again.

I just made an agreement to shoot with Ward.

now, it wasn't verbal, it was via PM...he has my full permission to blast me on the forums if i flake on him.

I don't look like a flake because I'm not.

Dec 28 06 07:36 pm Link

Photographer

ChrisCorbettPhotography

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, US

There are at least 5 million MM threads on models who flake. It happens to all of us. EVEN if you pay, which I do. It's not fun when it happens, but people who flake on you are hardly thinking of the legal consequences. Didn't you know? The rules don't apply to them.

Dec 28 06 07:41 pm Link

Model

Dances with Wolves

ChrisCorbettPhotography wrote:
Didn't you know? The rules don't apply to them.

Especially when those aren't the rules.

Dec 28 06 07:43 pm Link

Photographer

ChrisCorbettPhotography

Daniela V wrote:

Especially when those aren't the rules.

The rules I'm referring to are the ones of common courtesy and common sense, you know, the ones that govern a supposedly civilized society.

Dec 28 06 07:47 pm Link

Model

Dances with Wolves

The rules I'm referring to are the ones of common courtesy and common sense, you know, the ones that govern a supposedly civilized society.

Break them, and you still get to pass go and collect $200.00

Dec 28 06 07:47 pm Link

Photographer

Full Sun Photography

Dickson, Tennessee, US

Actually Daniela...Your port's Gorgeous...I just don't think you've understood what I've been asking in this forum..

Dec 28 06 07:48 pm Link

Model

Dances with Wolves

Full Sun Photography wrote:
Actually Daniela...Your port's Gorgeous...I just don't think you've understood what I've been asking in this forum..

what are you asking?

a verbal contract when it comes to photogs setting up appts. with models is NOT binding.

If I misunderstood the question, sorry-

edit: and I used my port as an example because you are implying that i don't want to make a verbal agreement and go back on it and get caught...

Dec 28 06 07:50 pm Link

Photographer

ChrisCorbettPhotography

Daniela V wrote:

Break them, and you still get to pass go and collect $200.00

I suppose, for a while. Then one day you wake up and realize life is not a monopoly game.

Dec 28 06 07:51 pm Link

Model

Dances with Wolves

I suppose, for a while. Then one day you wake up and realize life is not a monopoly game.

and you still don't go to jail for being a flake.it doesn't work that way.

Dec 28 06 07:52 pm Link

Photographer

Rich Davis

Gulf Breeze, Florida, US

Even if you got a judgement against an 18 yo, how are you going to collect what money they don't have.  Seems like a frustrating experience to me.

Dec 28 06 07:54 pm Link

Photographer

ward

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I closed my eyes, and came back hoping DV would have read what I wrote about our verbal agreement...lol smile

Dec 28 06 07:54 pm Link

Model

Dances with Wolves

ward wrote:
I closed my eyes, and came back hoping DV would have read what I wrote about our verbal agreement...lol smile

wink

Dec 28 06 07:56 pm Link

Photographer

ward

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Daniela V wrote:

wink

smile

Dec 28 06 07:57 pm Link

Photographer

ChrisCorbettPhotography

Daniela V wrote:

and you still don't go to jail for being a flake.it doesn't work that way.

Not going to jail. An excellent goal in life.

Dec 28 06 07:57 pm Link

Model

Jennifer Lauren

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

Your story is interesting. Possibly, you should check references. I live in Minnesota and never snuffed any photographer. Midwest rocks!

Dec 28 06 08:01 pm Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Jennifer Lauren wrote:
Your story is interesting. Possibly, you should check references. I live in Minnesota and never snuffed any photographer. Midwest rocks!

I truly find it difficult to believe that every single one of your photographers made it out alive.

Dec 28 06 08:04 pm Link

Photographer

none of the above

Marina del Rey, California, US

Robert Helm wrote:
AS Will Rodgers once said "Verbal agreements are not worth the paper they are written on!"
So true

"an oral contract is as good as the paper it's written on" is not always the case.

for example, in 1984 after getty oil was sold to pennzoil in a handshake deal, texaco made a higher offer, and the company was sold to texaco.  but, a lawsuit by pennzoil put them in a winning position, being awarded $11.1 billion, later reduced to $9.1 billion, but increased again by interest and penalties.

i believe this still ranks as the highest award ever on a not written contract.  but in the case of a model not showing up what must be shown is damages.  it would be very difficult to show real damages on a tfp that could claimed, it would no doubt cost more to litigate.

--face reality

Dec 28 06 08:09 pm Link