Forums > General Industry > MM and the Year gone by

Photographer

Marc Rosebeck

Albany, New York, US

Post anything "positive" that happened as a direct result from MM in the past year. I know it's day's or so early, so go to it everyone. Positive only. I'll put mine up ever so shortly. Happy New Year all.

Dec 27 06 09:35 pm Link

Photographer

Richard Tallent

Beaumont, Texas, US

I met the following models via MM and was privileged to work with them this year. The first three are from this month, so nothing up yet on our respective portfolios:

LisaLou
Eve-Adeline
Chenelle21
Morrigan Morrow
Agent Retro
Zarina Britt
Amanda Garcia
The Emilie
Melanie
Andalia

And I filled untold hours of boredom poking through the fora.

Dec 27 06 11:23 pm Link

Photographer

Marc Rosebeck

Albany, New York, US

I haven't been on MM for a year yet, but my abbreviated visit has yielded the opportunity to work with nothing but good people,models,mua,stylist's. In addition
to them, i've met several photographer's in person and online of course who have given me some valuable advice. I am more than happy that i came here, i consider
this site to be a valuable tool and i look forward to my next year here.

Dec 28 06 07:56 am Link

Photographer

Mark Reese Photography

Brandon, Florida, US

I've only been on MM since April 15 so any models and photographers you see listed on my port I've met since then. I've been fortunate enough that quite a few of them have become very good friends of mine. Thanks to them and everyone else who has helped me improve.

Dec 28 06 08:06 am Link

Model

Josie Nutter

Seattle, Washington, US

I met tons of creative, talented locals through this site over the last year.

Dec 31 06 04:16 am Link

Photographer

Fotografia-di-Asia

Park City, Utah, US

I met Marc. smile And a few other photographers who really help me a lot with advices and technical stuff. I also worked with a few models from here that got me some nice images. I've been here for only less than 4 months. Not too bad at all.

Dec 31 06 04:41 am Link

Photographer

Kas_

Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada

MM helped me learn the importance of coffee when procrastinating during exam period big_smile

Also meeting many peoples from here in real life who are amazing, and great friends!

Dec 31 06 04:43 am Link

Model

Sara Danielle

I joined in May of this year and feel I have gone farther in life since, well~ Ever! I have met True Friends , and have gone and done things I never thought I had the potential to do. It has been an amazing 7 months and I know that 07’ is going to be 100,000,000 times better ;*)

Dec 31 06 05:03 am Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Rancho Cucamonga, California, US

Been an MM member for almost 2 years.  In 2006, had 10 group shoot events with well over 300 Model Mayhem photographers and models in attendance.  Checkout the photo page and TAGs... it was one Hell of a year fur sure.  My goal in 2007 is 11 events with 100s of new MMer's (with many returning members) in attendance.  Everyone on Model Mayhem is welcome to inquire... wink

Dec 31 06 05:20 am Link

Model

Tikeya

Edgewood, Maryland, US

I've had the pleasure of meeting/shooting with a few MM photographers...Brian Diaz, Vivus Denuo, Tape Her Up, and Stephen Bodi.  I got to talk to Elahi over the phone, and well as my buddy BCG who's a real cool guy and always a pleasure to talk to.  So many cool people I haven't even mentioned have been a lot of fun and great to talk to on the threads and PMs...Electra T, UdoR, Hadyn, FosbreStudios, RoadRunner, etc.  Oh, and I got a cool MM shirt for having 1,000+ posts.  Thanks again, Tyler!     
https://img4.modelmayhem.com/061015/13/45327e106642e.jpg

I love you guys!  https://bestsmileys.com/crying/2.gif

Dec 31 06 01:54 pm Link

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Marc Rosebeck wrote:
Post anything "positive" that happened as a direct result from MM in the past year.

I gotta free t-shirt!
ooops... Tikeya beat me to it.

Dec 31 06 02:09 pm Link

Model

Ryan6663

New York, New York, US

I have met some really cool models and photographers, that i now consider personal friends.

Dec 31 06 04:52 pm Link

Model

Jessalyn

Denver, Colorado, US

Leo Chan wrote:
I met Marc. smile And a few other photographers who really help me a lot with advices and technical stuff. I also worked with a few models from here that got me some nice images. I've been here for only less than 4 months. Not too bad at all.

you got to see my buns in the oven

Dec 31 06 04:52 pm Link

Photographer

ArtMachine

Charlottesville, Virginia, US

I got to feel a lot more comfortable and encouraged about my photography, and understood better that I'm not lousy - I'm learning.

I know, I know. Cheesy answer.

Dec 31 06 06:28 pm Link

Photographer

Charlie Schmidt

Kansas City, Missouri, US

Josie Nutter wrote:
I met tons of creative, talented locals through this site over the last year.

I could not have said it better!
I have met a great group of people this year!
Charlie

Dec 31 06 06:37 pm Link

Photographer

Vintagevista

Sun City, California, US

I have worked with so many wonderful and creative people this year - All from the MM circle. (I abandoned the other places, since I found the best responses here)

All the smart and thoughtful models - people that bring their ideas to a shoot.

I owe a lot of special 2006 thanks, to all involved with my shoots with Raverchic #40800 and NYXValentine #61165.  They are talented and wonderful people.

I consider them to be Co-Creators, of so many of my images here.

This place may make me laff/cry/yell/fret - but, it never lacks for creativity and spirit.

Happy New Year - VintageV

Dec 31 06 10:47 pm Link

Photographer

Aesthete Studios

Oakland, New Jersey, US

I am just about to finish my 1st year working with models. MM gave me the att'n I needed to find good models to collaborate with! Thanks MM!

Dec 31 06 10:51 pm Link

Photographer

Fotografia-di-Asia

Park City, Utah, US

Jessalyn wrote:

you got to see my buns in the oven

right, who can forget that? marc, jess is baking again. wink

Jan 01 07 01:48 am Link

Photographer

Moraxian

Germantown, Maryland, US

I'm still waiting for my t-shirt...

But despite that, 2006 on MM introduced me to a bunch of new models and helped me move forward in my photography!  smile

Jan 01 07 02:19 am Link

Photographer

Marc Rosebeck

Albany, New York, US

Leo, nothing like a hot chic in the kitchen, baking cookies and pies.  In 07 , i hope to see more hot models baking you and i pastries wink

Jan 01 07 09:31 am Link

Photographer

ward

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I  met Marc and Meghan. So, I can say that was a good thing. smile

Jan 01 07 09:34 am Link

Photographer

Fotografia-di-Asia

Park City, Utah, US

Marc Rosebeck wrote:
Leo, nothing like a hot chic in the kitchen, baking cookies and pies.  In 07 , i hope to see more hot models baking you and i pastries wink

ditto, bro. wink

Jan 01 07 09:34 am Link

Photographer

bobby sargent

Deming, New Mexico, US

Almost all of the models I hired for my shoots and tirps were from MM.  The best site for sure for me to work with models who really want to work. bs

Jan 01 07 09:38 am Link

Photographer

bobby sargent

Deming, New Mexico, US

Moraxian wrote:
I'm still waiting for my t-shirt...

But despite that, 2006 on MM introduced me to a bunch of new models and helped me move forward in my photography!  smile

I am also waiting for my T shirt.  Do they even exist? Has anybody ever really seen one live?  bs

Jan 01 07 09:39 am Link

Photographer

Marc Rosebeck

Albany, New York, US

Leo, ate all my cookies in 07( i know he did) Ward, ate my lunch in Toronto on a recent visit.  07 ,i eat first !!!!!! smile

Jan 01 07 09:50 am Link

Model

MelissaBaker

New York, New York, US

I listened alot, learned much and laughed like crazy
                                         --- all while on MM this year...

You all have been GREAT!  smile

Jan 05 07 11:36 pm Link