Forums > General Industry > Fashion Show??

Model

Laurel Nicole McNamara

Palos Hills, Illinois, US

I would really like to get into to doing some runway look for local clubs and what not! How do i get into that?

Dec 27 06 05:21 pm Link

Model

Bianca Bombshell

Raleigh, Illinois, US

Laurel Nicole McNamara wrote:
I would really like to get into to doing some runway look for local clubs and what not! How do i get into that?

Promote your ass off!!! I noticed that you're eighteen though, so you automatically would be out of the running for a few clubs. (Even if you aren't drinking, by law you can't be in the club during its normal operating hours.) But there's not much to it other than making yourself known, expanding your portfolio. If you have a little extra cash, get business cards made with your best shot, and when you go out clubbing, if you happen to run into an owner or manager, give him your card. Or if you feel brave and they're not overloaded at the time, mosey on over to the bartender and tell him to give the manager your card.

Look for any websites on google that promote or list clubs, then find your area and start promoting yourself on the message boards.

And then of course, you should pay a visit to your local talent agent and try to start getting some things to add to your resume.

It's basically a big game of whoring yourself out to everyone. Fun, right? wink

Dec 27 06 05:32 pm Link

Model

Laurel Nicole McNamara

lol I no my age is horrible lol I HATE it! thank you though!

Dec 27 06 05:44 pm Link

Photographer

toan thai photography

Montgomery Village, Maryland, US

try craigslist.org (see under gigs -- "creative" and "talent" section)

Dec 27 06 07:20 pm Link

Model

Josie Nutter

Seattle, Washington, US

I get most of my runway time by making friends with designers.

I'm only 5'2"!

Dec 31 06 04:17 am Link

Model

Laurel Nicole McNamara

Bump

Jan 05 07 04:30 pm Link