Forums > General Industry > Is maternity modeling an option?

Model

stephanie hilbrand

Morgantown, Indiana, US

We just found out that we are pregnant! Im not going to be doing any fashion modeling for awhile, but i am interested in doing some maternity modeling and possibly submitting to some magazines and websites. Does anyone have any ideas or advice for me? I was thinking it would be fun to do a series of months of the pregnancy. I was checking out some websites aimed towards pregnancy and they have tons of pictures of pregnant pictures on them. Also there are countless magazines out there that might be interested. Any ideas?

Dec 27 06 09:03 am Link

Model

stephanie hilbrand

Morgantown, Indiana, US

edit! i mean bump

Dec 27 06 09:08 am Link

Photographer

David Linke

Woodville, Ohio, US

Stephanie,

Yes, you can, and congratulations!

Pregnancy photographs are being used in everything from advertising to decorations in OBGYN offices.  Post pregnancy photographs like madonna & child have been popular through out the history of art.

You are about five hours by car away from me, but if no one else is interested in your area, I would love to work with you on this.  If nothing else, it will make a great keepsake for your child.

Dec 27 06 09:15 am Link

Model

stephanie hilbrand

Morgantown, Indiana, US

well im happy that someone has an open mind to this. I think it would be a great keepsake, which i will do once the bump gets a little bigger! i want to do some for maybe Lamaze, motherhood, and magazines like that. The only down side to your offer is that i have been getting quite car sick lately and after a 5 hour drive i may not be up for a shoot.... Are there any other options out there, or do you have any advice and how to submit photos to these companys or even where and when to start?

Dec 27 06 09:21 am Link

Photographer

Cardillo Photography

Palm Coast, Florida, US

Congratulations.
Please check out my page for some examples of my maternity work.   I have been doing quite a bit latley.  My wife and a friend of ours are both expecting.  I feel that it is a beautiful time in a womans life.

Dec 27 06 09:23 am Link

Photographer

Lee_D

Florence, South Carolina, US

Too bad you're so far away.  Maternity and newborn photography is pretty much my specialty.  So YES, it's an option.

Dec 27 06 09:23 am Link

Model

Mia Mali

Los Angeles, California, US

my post really doesn't answer the question, but congrats!

Dec 27 06 09:25 am Link

Model

stephanie hilbrand

Morgantown, Indiana, US

well thank you very much! We are very excited, but i dont want to give up modeling just yet! After all my hard work and time i have put into it, i would like to continue somehow. I have seen many maternity photos that are stunning and i suppose now is my time to dabble in the business and see if i can grab the attention of some companys to share this amazing experience with. First things first though, i have to look a little more pregnant, then i can possibly work with a photographer and start doing some submitting, so then we both get paid. Ill keep you in mind, just hate to have to travel, car sick.. yuck!

Dec 27 06 09:27 am Link

Photographer

Doug Vosler

Redlands, California, US

I am always looking for beautiful pregnant models that want to do something artistic.

Dec 27 06 09:36 am Link