Forums > General Industry > How boudoir photos can increase self-esteem and ..

Model

TroisCouleurs

Dublin, California, US

Interesting article ...
http://www.jrn.columbia.edu/studentwork … 15/508.asp

How boudoir photos can increase self-esteem and sensuality
By Tiffany Aron

................The boudoir photo, as it is called in the trade, has often been thought of as a guilty pleasure ...............

Dec 26 06 06:33 pm Link

Photographer

Doug Vosler

Redlands, California, US

At least 40% of the money i make from photography is this style of photography requested by women who want the confidence boost.

Which is funny since I have never advertised that sort of service anywhere.

Dec 26 06 07:21 pm Link

Model

Julie Montana

Kalispell, Montana, US

My 1st time in front of a cam was a boudoir shoot, it really gave me a boost.

Dec 26 06 07:23 pm Link

Model

Lapis

Chicago, Illinois, US

As a model and a photographer, I have made photographs for women who thought they were not photogenic or pretty. I saw the beauty in them, and made photos that changed their perspective on themselves. It is very gratifying, as a photographer, a model, and a woman, to help someone else feel sexy.

Dec 26 06 07:27 pm Link

Photographer

ShadowCrafter

Pike Road, Alabama, US

seems like it always helps boost confidence.  Fun shoots too.

Dec 26 06 07:29 pm Link

Model

TroisCouleurs

Dublin, California, US

Doug Vosler wrote:
At least 40% of the money i make from photography is this style of photography requested by women who want the confidence boost.

I think this is rather positive. I am on the contrary see a lot of misunderstanding and judgement about me doing lingerie or couple nudes I tried. And it's not like they don't like pics themselves, they just do not think it's appropriate for somebody of my profession/age/[you name it].
And I am seriously sick of this attitude. There are very few friends who understand and share it.

Dec 26 06 07:54 pm Link

Photographer

SLE Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

Lapis wrote:
As a model and a photographer, I have made photographs for women who thought they were not photogenic or pretty. I saw the beauty in them, and made photos that changed their perspective on themselves. It is very gratifying, as a photographer, a model, and a woman, to help someone else feel sexy.

Yep!
*applause*

Dec 26 06 08:37 pm Link

Photographer

groupw

Maricopa, Arizona, US

TroisCouleurs wrote:

I think this is rather positive. I am on the contrary see a lot of misunderstanding and judgement about me doing lingerie or couple nudes I tried. And it's not like they don't like pics themselves, they just do not think it's appropriate for somebody of my profession/age/[you name it].
And I am seriously sick of this attitude. There are very few friends who understand and share it.

When I hear women say things like this (your friends that is..), I often wonder how much is just a cover for their own fear of being judged by others and jealousy about not having the guts to try it.

Dec 27 06 12:22 am Link