Forums > General Industry > When is feminine too feminine for a male model!

Model

Aries J

New York, New York, US

Quick question for ya guys!

Went on my first test shoot yesterday and I am a little concerned with the photos (I will have them Tuesday). I was a little hesitant with the photographer as I was uncomfortable with the look... I don’t know if it was my personality or this being my first time attempting this look BUT when is Feminine TOO feminine? I.E eye make up, poses, guy on guy.... things like that..... Again I will have the photos Tuesday so you guys can tell me.

Again, the photos came out great but I already have a soft face... I DONT WANT TO LOOK LIKE A LESBIAN LOL LOL LOL!

Dec 26 06 04:56 pm Link

Photographer

MrMisadventure

Brooklyn, New York, US

Where to draw the line...hmmm.
I guess nowhere, there was a spread in "W" magazine about the lines between the sexes starting to blur and there where guys in it wearing dresses and heals.  It couldn't have been to risque of a shoot since it was accepted to be printed in one of the biggest fashion magazines.
Nothing is to far again, as long as you can maintain an air of masculinity.

Dec 26 06 05:00 pm Link

Model

Fifi

Gainesville, Florida, US

Aries Johnson wrote:
Quick question for ya guys!

Went on my first test shoot yesterday and I am a little concerned with the photos (I will have them Tuesday). I was a little hesitant with the photographer as I was uncomfortable with the look... I don’t know if it was my personality or this being my first time attempting this look BUT when is Feminine TOO feminine? I.E eye make up, poses, guy on guy.... things like that..... Again I will have the photos Tuesday so you guys can tell me.

Again, the photos came out great but I already have a soft face... I DONT WANT TO LOOK LIKE A LESBIAN LOL LOL LOL!

Look through a couple of fashion magazines.... American and European. You will see men naked with other men, men wearing makeup... it doesn't make them feminine.

Dec 26 06 05:04 pm Link

Model

Jason Barmore

West Hollywood, California, US

i know what u mean man. From looking at your pictures whats makin look more soft than what you are is the color contacts. I think your natural eye color would make you look alot more masculine.  Also its all in your poses, did you pick your own pose or did you let the photographer pick them for you? Yeah have a great look and if you think something is to fem for you then just try something else.

Dec 26 06 05:07 pm Link

Photographer

- null -

When you look like Tootsie.

Dec 26 06 05:13 pm Link

Photographer

Doug Vosler

Redlands, California, US

I don't think you could look too feminine.

Just don't wear any dresses.

Dec 27 06 09:48 am Link

Model

Jay Dezelic

Seattle, Washington, US

I hate lines. They ruin the whole idea of creativity.  Images and people will always be "too something" for somebody.

Dec 29 06 12:54 am Link

Photographer

Dobias Fine Art Photo

Haddon Heights, New Jersey, US

I would make a comment if you had a port.

You don't, so I won't.

Dec 29 06 12:58 am Link