Forums > General Industry > You must marry your models

Photographer

Michael McGowan

Tucson, Arizona, US

A new modeling site is sending out invitations to folks who are on a variety of other sites. Here's the url: http://www.modelingcorner.com.

At first, it looks like any other modeling site, with models and photographers. At the moment, it's free.

But I have this curiosity that gets in the way of launching full-tilt into something, so I checked out the terms of service, to see if there were any hidden fees.

Lo and behold, there were some surprises...

9. Members are advised to make thorough enquiries before acting upon any matrimonial advertisement on our site.

16. Membership should be used only for the purpose of finding a life partner and should not be used in the name of "Dating", etc.

Hmmm.... Did I miss something here? Are you supposed to MARRY your models? Doesn't that get rather expensive if you shoot more than one?

Oh, yeah, and what about same-sex marriages if women take pictures of women or men take pictures of men? Yeah, and there are other permutations I just don't wanna think about.

Dec 26 06 09:39 am Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Just guessing:  they stole their site design and code from an online dating service and didn't make all the changes they should have . . . .

Dec 26 06 09:49 am Link

Photographer

shotbytim

Baton Rouge, Louisiana, US

TXPhotog wrote:
Just guessing:  they stole their site design and code from an online dating service and didn't make all the changes they should have . . . .

Tha makes the most sense.

Dec 26 06 09:56 am Link

Photographer

Doug Vosler

Redlands, California, US

TXPhotog wrote:

correction... online marriage service.... dating is strictly porhibited wink

Dec 26 06 09:58 am Link

Photographer

J C ModeFotografie

Los Angeles, California, US

Michael McGowan wrote:
A new modeling site is sending out invitations to folks who are on a variety of other sites. Here's the url: http://www.modelingcorner.com.

At first, it looks like any other modeling site, with models and photographers. At the moment, it's free.

But I have this curiosity that gets in the way of launching full-tilt into something, so I checked out the terms of service, to see if there were any hidden fees.

Lo and behold, there were some surprises...

9. Members are advised to make thorough enquiries before acting upon any matrimonial advertisement on our site.

16. Membership should be used only for the purpose of finding a life partner and should not be used in the name of "Dating", etc.

Hmmm.... Did I miss something here? Are you supposed to MARRY your models? Doesn't that get rather expensive if you shoot more than one?

Oh, yeah, and what about same-sex marriages if women take pictures of women or men take pictures of men? Yeah, and there are other permutations I just don't wanna think about.

Actually, I recall a banner ad here on MM for "sugardaddy" introductions very recently.  And we wonder why our experiences with MM models are - on the whole - unsatisfactory . . .

JAY carreon
PHOTOGRPAHER

Dec 26 06 09:59 am Link

Model

Jessalyn

Denver, Colorado, US

oh man I better quit scheduling all these shoots or I'm gonna be in real trouble with the BF.

Dec 26 06 10:00 am Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

Jessalyn wrote:
oh man I better quit scheduling all these shoots or I'm gonna be in real trouble with the BF.

(hmmm this model must have been in florida)..ok someones getting fired...

Dec 26 06 10:04 am Link

Model

Jessalyn

Denver, Colorado, US

Doug Swinskey wrote:

(hmmm this model must have been in florida)..ok someones getting fired...

I WAS in Florida in November...don't fire Drew!! He got me poptarts!

Dec 26 06 10:04 am Link

Photographer

SLE Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

I just cruised thru that sight
there's an awful lot of buggy stuff, a few things (like their search) that they lifted from someone else, and a few other issues
But they ARE giving FREE iPods away to models
heh
I find that offer SO very credible after looking thru their "agencies" section *eyeroll*

Dec 26 06 10:07 am Link

Photographer

Rich Mohr

Chicago, Illinois, US

Jessalyn wrote:

I WAS in Florida in November...don't fire Drew!! He got me poptarts!

Mmmm... pop tarts!!!
Get me chocolate fudge pop tarts and I'm all yours!  tongue

Rich

Dec 26 06 10:13 am Link

Model

Jessalyn

Denver, Colorado, US

Rich Mohr wrote:

Mmmm... pop tarts!!!
Get me chocolate fudge pop tarts and I'm all yours!  tongue

Rich

actually they were Smores pop tarts, close! big_smile