Forums > General Industry > Santa Brought Me....

Photographer

joshua ellis

Savannah, Georgia, US

a cashmere sweater thats to small.

girlfriend is buying me a digital camera just haven't ordered yet. can't decide which one to get.

Dec 25 06 12:23 pm Link

Photographer

BonedaddyBruce

Orlando, Florida, US

The best stuff:...
My best friends came over for Dinner on Saturday.

My GF got a job with me and got to spend X-mas Eve and X-Mas day with me ALL day! (I was going to spend it at work and she was going to be home alone.) Kinda weird, I know, but it's really a good thing!

Pictures of my brothers family in Seattle.

My mom came into town Friday and we had lunch with my GF, other brother and his best friend.

The material stuff:...
Wine! More Wine, Wine glasses, Guinness... (my friends know me the best!)
40"+ HDTV (from mom and one of her clients)
400G portable Hard Drive (from Me)
Two 2g Memory Cards. (from Me)
Tickets to LA to visit GF's family (from her mom)

More to come... Still more presents and 12 more days of X-Mas plus El Día de los Reyes (Three Kings Day/Epiphany)

Dec 25 06 12:23 pm Link

Model

Jessalyn

Denver, Colorado, US

John Jebbia wrote:

Fucking A! Another thing. I got a set of luggage too this year. I have never ever owned a suitcase. Always been duffle bag traveler myself.

But this is getting really weird! I'm starting to thing we are living parallel lives here. Knock it off!

did santa also get you a vacuum cleaner? he got me one and I am so pumped!!!

Dec 25 06 12:24 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Hillburn

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Leo Chan wrote:
i was walking to a Christmas Eve party event and took a different route to get there. i saw a homeless old lady on the way. she was half asleep. when i first walked pass her, i kept looking back. a about 20 yards away, i walked back and took out a $100 bill (in hong kong currency, about $13 in the US) and said something similar to Merry Christmas to her. she keep looking at the $100 bill and wondering why someone just gave her that sum of money. the joy i saw in her face was perhaps the best gift for me. . .

That's a beautiful story Leo. One that really touches my heart. To me, that is what Christmas is all about. Thank you!

Dec 25 06 12:27 pm Link

Photographer

R A Photography

Lawton, Oklahoma, US

Doug Mackay    DMP wrote:
santa got me a p712.

Wow, Santa got me the same exact thing! (ok...so I got it, but still...)

Dec 25 06 12:30 pm Link

Model

Arthur's Town, Cat Island, Bahamas

Leo Chan wrote:
i was walking to a Christmas Eve party event and took a different route to get there. i saw a homeless old lady on the way. she was half asleep. when i first walked pass her, i kept looking back. a about 20 yards away, i walked back and took out a $100 bill (in hong kong currency, about $13 in the US) and said something similar to Merry Christmas to her. she keep looking at the $100 bill and wondering why someone just gave her that sum of money. the joy i saw in her face was perhaps the best gift for me. . .

aww...gosh that warms my heart!

Dec 25 06 12:32 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Reese Photography

Brandon, Florida, US

Jessalyn wrote:

Cool deal, you'll be able to bring it w/ you to Florida and we can do a TFHC (Time For House Cleaning) shoot, lol.

Dec 25 06 12:35 pm Link

Photographer

Bill Bates

Payson, Utah, US

I don't know yet (I'm really not expecting much). Present opening is on hold for what seems like an eternity while we, not so patiently, wait for the kids and grandkids to come over this afternoon.

Yes, my inner child still can't wait!!

Bill

Dec 25 06 12:36 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Reese Photography

Brandon, Florida, US

Bill Bates wrote:
I don't know yet (I'm really not expecting much). Present opening is on hold for what seems like an eternity while we, not so patiently, wait for the kids and grandkids to come over this afternoon.

Yes, my inner child still can't wait!!

Bill

Well, ya know Bill, the only difference between men and boys is the cost of the toys. smile

Dec 25 06 12:38 pm Link

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Jessalyn wrote:

Wow. 
That really sucks!!!

(y'see.. vacuum... sucks... oh, never mind)

Dec 25 06 12:39 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Anderson

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Got a chance to be with our kids and grandkids...  they are still (12:30 Eastern time) opening gifts.

Dec 25 06 12:39 pm Link

Photographer

Tim Little Photography

Wilmington, Delaware, US

A group of us at work "Adopted" 24 kids through the Angel Tree program. These are kids that are wards of the state and are shifted around from one foster care family to another. We had a big party for the kids and bought them tons of gifts. Everybody went overboard and spent way to much and it was wonderful. Seeing those children happy and laughing was priceless. That exprerience, and many more from this year has made this one great Christmas for me. I wish you all great love and joy for the new year!

Tim

Dec 25 06 12:41 pm Link

Photographer

BonedaddyBruce

Orlando, Florida, US

Leo Chan wrote:

As a rule, I don't give money to "homeless" people downtown asking for money. It has been my experience (while working at night clubs and volunteering with the Sheriff's dept.) that not all of the "beggars" on the street are homeless, and those who are are usually asking for drug/alcohol money. Therefore I usually give/donate to organizations and volunteer at fund drives and awareness charity events in lieu of give cash to people on the street.

Despite all that, I was leaving a club in downtown Orlando late on Christmas night last year and I saw a homeless Guy sleeping on a brick wall in 40+/- degree weather. I gave him $60 cash and a gift certificate to IHOP.

Dec 25 06 12:45 pm Link

Model

Arthur's Town, Cat Island, Bahamas

BonedaddyBruce wrote:
Despite all that, I was leaving a club in downtown Orlando late on Christmas night last year and I saw a homeless Guy sleeping on a brick wall in 40+/- degree weather. I gave him $60 cash and a gift certificate to IHOP.

You people are melting my heart. That was sweet!

Dec 25 06 12:47 pm Link

Photographer

Gary Melton

Dallas, Texas, US

2 new monolights with 24X36 soft boxes!!

Dec 25 06 12:50 pm Link

Model

Krystin

Friendly, Maryland, US

I got a 30GB video ipod and a silver necklace and a coach wristlet....I could not be happier

Dec 25 06 12:52 pm Link

Photographer

SLE Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

I'm getting myself either a D200 or a D2X right after the first.

Dec 25 06 01:02 pm Link

Model

Jessalyn

Denver, Colorado, US

SayCheeZ! wrote:

Wow. 
That really sucks!!!

I totally just used my vacuum and it sucks big time.

This is so awesome!

Dec 25 06 01:05 pm Link

Photographer

SKPhoto

Newark, California, US

Quantum Leap DVD set, 1GB CF card, CSI:New York Season 2.

And someone I did a job for gave me a Home depot gift card.  I live in an apartment.  What am I going to buy at Home depot?

I was hoping someone would give me a bottle of Patron Silver.

Oh well.  Guess I gotta get it myself.

Dec 25 06 01:05 pm Link

Photographer

TheeBlueRoom

Melbourne, Florida, US

UnoMundo Photography wrote:

I have a service that "breaks in" Canon lenses for you.  Send it , I will test it and make sure its working correctly. You will have it back March 1st.

Thanks I might take you up on that offer...

but you have to fight him...
https://photo.sluder.net/d/11195-1/_MG_5260.jpg

Dec 25 06 02:21 pm Link

Photographer

Scribe of Souls

Bonner Springs, Kansas, US

I am Santa!  Here's what I got for myself...Ho...Ho...Ho!

https://img5.modelmayhem.com/061225/14/4590273c7bcea.jpg

https://img5.modelmayhem.com/061225/14/459027d5d7367.jpg

Is that a Harley or a crotch rocket...LMAO

Merry Christmas!

Dec 25 06 02:39 pm Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Jessalyn wrote:

No. The chain has been broken. All I got was the luggage set. You'll see it on Wednesday.

Dec 25 06 02:42 pm Link

Photographer

Scribe of Souls

Bonner Springs, Kansas, US

SKPhoto wrote:
Quantum Leap DVD set, 1GB CF card, CSI:New York Season 2.

And someone I did a job for gave me a Home depot gift card.  I live in an apartment.  What am I going to buy at Home depot?

I was hoping someone would give me a bottle of Patron Silver.

Oh well.  Guess I gotta get it myself.

LMAO...apparently you have'nt been to Home Depot for a while!

Dec 25 06 02:42 pm Link

Photographer

Rik Austin

Austin, Texas, US

SayCheeZ! wrote:

Wow. 
That really sucks!!!

Not sure which sucks more the vacuum or the joke.  Just kidding.  Sucking up to Jessalyn in hopes she'll come to the cornfields someday.   That way I can break in my new Gitzo tripod and Kirk ballhead properly.  Merry Christmas all!

Dec 25 06 02:55 pm Link

Photographer

Stephen Melvin

Kansas City, Missouri, US

I collect masks. Mom brought back two more for me from China. And a bottle of 1968 Bual Madeira wine from my brother. Yum!

Dec 25 06 03:02 pm Link

Photographer

David A

Pleasant Grove, Utah, US

Christian,  sorry to hear you've got a funeral to attend.

Mrs. Santa is brining me a Canon 5d and a 70-200mm IS 2.8 lens.  smile  Mrs. Santa really love me.

Thanks to you, I'll be better at using it than I would have been earlier this year.

Dec 25 06 03:25 pm Link

Photographer

BTHPhoto

Fairbanks, Alaska, US

I got to bring my wife home from the hospital, so everything else was just icing on the cake, but it was nice icing:

A case of Kelt congac
A hand-woven egg basket
A Stihl 440 Magnum chain saw
A dozen marten traps
A set of plane makers floats (hand made by an outstanding smith)
A set of Sorby spindle gouges
A set of Lie-Neilson mortise chisels
Two boxes of Crane's Museo Silver Rag paper
A new beekeepers veil
Lots of underwear and socks

Dec 25 06 03:41 pm Link

Photographer

DHayes Photography

Richmond, Virginia, US

Being a total computer geek in my "spare" time, my GF gave me a large CompUSA gift card.  YOWZA!  I gave her a book of homoerotic photography (She is an illustrator and specializes in that stuff.  Don't ask...) and a book of photos of turn of the century wax anatomical models used to train doctors back then (Again, don't ask...).  Yes, we are strange.

I gave my nine year old goddaughter her first video camera (she got a digital still camera last Christmas).  She's going to drive her mom and dad nuts.

Otherwise, it has been a quiet Christmas around here.

Doug

Dec 25 06 03:41 pm Link

Photographer

Gabriel

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

Hmm. Socks, a sweater, some small hand tools, a new wallet..

Good stuff, it's always nice to be remembered. smile The bigger things (photo-related), I'll buy on my own - no one else can afford them! And I haven't heard from my sister yet, hopefully she got me a book or two (I gave her my Amazon wish list), 'cause I'm almost out of reading material.

Christian, I'm sorry about having to attend a funeral over the holidays, I hope all is as well as it can be under the circumstances.

Dec 25 06 03:51 pm Link

Model

yonika

Shelton, Connecticut, US

I got bluish transculent portfolio

and..

Ticket to go skydiving smile

something I always wanted to do

Yey!

Dec 25 06 04:02 pm Link

Model

TroisCouleurs

Dublin, California, US

Santa certainly got into modeling mood with me this year smile.
Got me bunch of everything for modeling: clothing, accessories, makeup, lingerie, hair extensions, wigs.

PS. Be your own Santa wink

Dec 25 06 04:37 pm Link

Photographer

Bill Bates

Payson, Utah, US

No photography gear this year ... somebody said I had more than I needed. (isn't that impossible?)

I did get the Boston Legal first season on DVD from my youngest daughter. The wife got me a bottle of 15 year old Bowmore Scotch to enjoy with some Macanudos. I also got an old fashion movie style popcorn popper on a cart for my "man room".

Yes it was a good Christmas.

Bill

Dec 25 06 05:22 pm Link

Model

Mitsukai

Walnut Creek, California, US

ChristianBehr wrote:
Since I'm flying out for a funeral... somehow Santa snuck in and dropped off my gift. 

I got a radio controlled airplane with a spy camera built in.

What did Santa ( or your God ) bring you?

christian

ps.  He brought Kat a Sugar Glider - which is taking it's time getting here.

It's too bad sugar gliders are illegal in California. I really want an entire room of them.

Dec 25 06 05:30 pm Link

Photographer

Fotografia-di-Asia

Park City, Utah, US

BonedaddyBruce wrote:
As a rule, I don't give money to "homeless" people downtown asking for money. It has been my experience (while working at night clubs and volunteering with the Sheriff's dept.) that not all of the "beggars" on the street are homeless, and those who are are usually asking for drug/alcohol money. Therefore I usually give/donate to organizations and volunteer at fund drives and awareness charity events in lieu of give cash to people on the street.

i have similar rule when it comes to giving to the less fortunates. i rarely give anything to "beggars". but that old lady is definitely homeless and probably have been there for a long long time already. it would be nice for her to have some warm meals during the holiday season.

Dec 25 06 10:25 pm Link

Photographer

jack4photos

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

the best present was my nephew Nick arriving home from Iraq on 12/22.

merry xmas to all.

jack

Dec 25 06 10:31 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Luna Pearl

Chicago, Illinois, US

BluelineStudios wrote:
If you buy a gift for yourself, is that gifturbation?

No...I always buy gifts for myself when my husband is not looking!!!!

I sometimes sign his name to the tag or sign Santa's name...by the way santa was very good to me...he is buying me a condo!

Happy Holidays everyone!

Dec 25 06 10:36 pm Link

Photographer

MF productions

San Jose, California, US

i got robot chicken season 1 !

Dec 25 06 10:40 pm Link

Photographer

Nihilus

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Jessalyn wrote:
oh yea, a different Santa flew me to New York smile

I hate missing news like this...

Dec 25 06 10:41 pm Link

Photographer

BonedaddyBruce

Orlando, Florida, US

Leo Chan wrote:

i have similar rule when it comes to giving to the less fortunates. i rarely give anything to "beggars". but that old lady is definitely homeless and probably have been there for a long long time already. it would be nice for her to have some warm meals during the holiday season.

Same here... Who would sleep on a brick wall on Christmas in 40+/- degree weather in downtown Orlando at 3:30/4 in the morning other than a homeless person... (or maybe a drunk who could'nt find his car.)

Dec 26 06 12:17 am Link

Photographer

David A

Pleasant Grove, Utah, US

jack4photos wrote:
the best present was my nephew Nick arriving home from Iraq on 12/22.

merry xmas to all.

jack

Sweet,  good for you and your nephew.  Glad he got back safely.

Dec 26 06 12:24 am Link