Forums > General Industry > Beware GWCs who offer the sun and the moon!

Model

StacyJack

New Orleans, Louisiana, US

I like to only let the "professionals"  take advantage of me/con me.  you know.  personal preference...

Dec 24 06 10:51 pm Link

Photographer

jasontheartist

West Palm Beach, Florida, US

If someone falls of a bridge, do you blame the bridge? Someone with the lack of perception that will go stay with a stranger is the one to dump fault on.

GWC's are garbage, but theyre consistently around and not going anywhere. If their prey would wise up some.................. then they would starve and reduce in number

focus on the solution , not the problem.

Dec 24 06 10:57 pm Link

Photographer

Telephoto Studio

Raleigh, North Carolina, US

jasontheartist wrote:
If someone falls of a bridge, do you blame the bridge? Someone with the lack of perception that will go stay with a stranger is the one to dump fault on.

GWC's are garbage, but theyre consistently around and not going anywhere. If their prey would wise up some.................. then they would starve and reduce in number

focus on the solution , not the problem.

you blame the bridge builder if the railing isn't high enough. 

how does the prey wise up unless you point out the problems with GWCs?

Dec 24 06 11:02 pm Link

Model

Maya A Lelani

New York, New York, US

Some make good sugar daddies... but I sure as hell wouldn't have stayed with him... smile

Dec 24 06 11:04 pm Link

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

I still haven't seen where this guy tried to bang the model or get her naked just to get his jollies off.

So why do ya'll keep calling him a GWC?

Does saying that phrase validate some of ya'll as photographers the more often you say it?

Dec 24 06 11:05 pm Link

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Maya Lei wrote:
Some make good sugar daddies... but I sure as hell wouldn't have stayed with him... smile

Maya thinks I'm a GWC.  She just thinks I'm a HOT GWC, so that makes it okay when i pull my wang out at shoots.

Dec 24 06 11:07 pm Link

Model

Maya A Lelani

New York, New York, US

Ransom J wrote:

Maya thinks I'm a GWC.  She just thinks I'm a HOT GWC, so that makes it okay when i pull my wang out at shoots.

Shhh... trying to pretend I'm a real model... stop blowing my cover.

And apparently the going rate for wang exposure is $1000/ 4 hrs smile

Dec 24 06 11:08 pm Link

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Maya Lei wrote:
Shhh... trying to pretend I'm a real model... stop blowing my cover.

And apparently the going rate for wang exposure is $1000/ 4 hrs smile

Depends on the wang.

Most models pay ME once I expose the wang.

Could be paying me to put it away.  Who knows, either way my wang sees the light of day in front of a hot model and I get me some beer money!

Dec 24 06 11:11 pm Link

Model

Maya A Lelani

New York, New York, US

Telephoto Studio wrote:
Found out a female friend of mine put up a profile on omp back here in NC, and some sort of GWC from NYC - Long Island City to be specific - got up with her.  Offered to set up both a NYC-based omp profile and a Yahoo e-mail addy, saying that would get her more work (like $3000 over a weekend.  He even offered her a place to stay (with him of course) and she bit. 

So she goes up, stays with the guy, got a little paying work (not as much as he led her to believe), and then she didn't get any samples from half the guys she shot with.  And of course the guy's omp profile is no longer up and running - do many GWCs drop off after a while? 

Chris

Applies to 'entertainment companies' and 'agents' too... don't discrimate...lol.

Dec 24 06 11:11 pm Link

Photographer

Larry Brown Camera

Atlantic Beach, Florida, US

Chris..... It is not my intentions to get into a pissing contest with you. Nor will I compair professional credentials .... I am only stating that your portfolio is very amaturish in lighting, composition and tec. quality, lacking those qualities it appears to be "GWC".
Some want to label a GWC as having the wrong motive. My personal definition includes both, motive and skill. If as you stated you have experienc, skill and knowledge...... I don't see it in your work. If you really want to improve may I suggest you join the PP of NC.
Photoshop is a great addition to photography but you need to start with a very good image first. Good luck and best wishes.

Dec 24 06 11:18 pm Link

Photographer

Telephoto Studio

Raleigh, North Carolina, US

Larry Brown Camera wrote:
Chris..... It is not my intentions to get into a pissing contest with you. Nor will I compair professional credentials .... I am only stating that your portfolio is very amaturish in lighting, composition and tec. quality, lacking those qualities it appears to be "GWC".
Some want to label a GWC as having the wrong motive. My personal definition includes both, motive and skill. If as you stated you have experienc, skill and knowledge...... I don't see it in your work. If you really want to improve may I suggest you join the PP of NC.
Photoshop is a great addition to photography but you need to start with a very good image first. Good luck and best wishes.

I shoot mostly outdoors with natural lighting.  How do you get a lack of technical quality from that?  It's a different style of shooting.  Like Edward Weston, Ruth Bernard - do you call them GWCs?

And I don't have my commercial work on here.  This is only to get art nude work.  So my food and still life work, big-set illustrations, etc - aren't on here. 

PP of NC- that's for wedding photographers.  I am a member of APA NY - for commercial photographers.  And I have been shooting high-level commercial stuff for years starting right out of RIT.  So don't be critiquing my work when yours is all photoshopped.

Dec 24 06 11:30 pm Link

Photographer

Jason McKendricks

Chico, California, US

WTF? Did I miss something? I'm supposed to be aware of GWCs who offer to have fun mooning me?

Dec 24 06 11:34 pm Link

Photographer

Larry Brown Camera

Atlantic Beach, Florida, US

It's obvious you have no idea about the PP of NC as it is across the board Professional! To suggest that it is "just for wedding photographes" is BS. 
As far as "quality of light" it doesn't matter wheather it is "natural" or artificial, it has to do with the angel of light on the subject, plus highlight and shadow detail. Your images in your portfolio do not illustrate an understanding of that for the human form on the most part. And for some reason you don't like special effects created in photoshop. And yet your "purity" of black and white images lack the full gray scale.
By any professional standard your work wouldn't be accepted to hang at a professional photographers convention.  As I stated before I will not compair credintials with you .... I would rather my work speak for itself.
Trying to convence others that your work is "professional" by using a two year degree to support it doesn't work..... Your images and only your images will have the final say on that issue. 
I have a website if you would really like to see a full range of work and you can check out my bio if you think "credintials really matter". Personally I wouldn't have it on there in the first place but clients often want to know.

Dec 24 06 11:57 pm Link

Model

Fifi

Gainesville, Florida, US

Am I the only one who is simply shocked at the common sense lacking from the model in this situation?

Dec 25 06 12:05 am Link

Model

Maya A Lelani

New York, New York, US

Lamonica wrote:
Am I the only one who is simply shocked at the common sense lacking from the model in this situation?

Ditto.

Dec 25 06 12:13 am Link

Photographer

jasontheartist

West Palm Beach, Florida, US

Lamonica wrote:

Thats what I tried pointing out........but with no luck as usual.

Dec 25 06 12:16 am Link

Photographer

3 P Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

Telephoto Studio wrote:

I shoot mostly outdoors with natural lighting.  How do you get a lack of technical quality from that?  It's a different style of shooting.  Like Edward Weston, Ruth Bernard - do you call them GWCs?

And I don't have my commercial work on here.  This is only to get art nude work.  So my food and still life work, big-set illustrations, etc - aren't on here. 

PP of NC- that's for wedding photographers.  I am a member of APA NY - for commercial photographers.  And I have been shooting high-level commercial stuff for years starting right out of RIT.  So don't be critiquing my work when yours is all photoshopped.

Love the wrinkled bedsheets.

Dec 25 06 12:18 am Link

Model

Fifi

Gainesville, Florida, US

jasontheartist wrote:

Thats what I tried pointing out........but with no luck as usual.

Ok, I'm just making sure. Whew....

Dec 25 06 01:55 am Link

Model

Lapis

Chicago, Illinois, US

Hmmm. well, I just got a sun and a moon from one of my photographers...what should I do with it?

Dec 25 06 03:38 am Link

Model

Paul Verite

Philadelphia, Mississippi, US

She's lucky she got out alive.

Dec 25 06 03:40 am Link

Photographer

Adam Torgerson

Salem, Oregon, US

Telephoto Studio wrote:

No, but from your work (or mine) neither of us are Weston either (or Brandt or Avedon).   

While I value education, it does not mean you are suddenly a skilled photographer.  Neither does working at a camera store.  It just sounds like bragging backed up with wronkled sheets. 

Why I am typing this when I should be working anyway.   Damn post sucked me in...

Adam

Dec 25 06 03:59 am Link

Photographer

Tog

Birmingham, Alabama, US

I only glanced at the title, and opened up the thread to see Jebbia's ass..

But..

Isn't "Beware GWC's who offer to moon you" obvious enough to NOT need it's own thread?

Dec 25 06 04:09 am Link

Photographer

Lotus Photography

Berkeley, California, US

W.G. Rowland wrote:
I only glanced at the title, and opened up the thread to see Jebbia's ass..

But..

Isn't "Beware GWC's who offer to moon you" obvious enough to NOT need it's own thread?

i should probably apolgise for that..

funny ass'd picture though

Dec 25 06 04:12 am Link

Photographer

Lotus Photography

Berkeley, California, US

Dec 25 06 04:13 am Link

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Paul Verite wrote:
She's lucky she got out alive.

Jesus fricken Christ.

Dec 25 06 11:15 am Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Ransom J wrote:
Jesus fricken Christ.

LOL (nothing to add)

Dec 25 06 11:22 am Link

Photographer

Mortonovich

San Diego, California, US

I've heard of one guy that offered to moon the model and then farted so loudly, it shook the camera off the tripod. He then quickly snapped away getting a full range of emotions from the model. Shock, horror, dread, wrinkled nose (pew!) and finally raucous laughter. Pretty brilliant if you ask me.

Dec 25 06 12:43 pm Link

Photographer

SKPhoto

Newark, California, US

Why stop with the sun and the moon, I personally would recommend being leery of anyone who has a preoccupation with Uranus.

Dec 25 06 01:11 pm Link

Photographer

Jason McKendricks

Chico, California, US

So am I supposed to be mooing someone or what?

Dec 25 06 01:30 pm Link

Photographer

CaliModels

Los Angeles, California, US

lotusphoto wrote:
this mm photographer (jj) seems to be offering both..

Serious issues here with mentioned, on the BL.

Dec 25 06 01:49 pm Link