Forums > General Industry > Deleting your friends in 2007...

Photographer

Richard Tallent

Beaumont, Texas, US

In preparation for the new year, I just went through my "friends" list here and cleaned out the ones who weren't serious about working together:

- the ones that never wrote back
- the ones who told me they "LOVE" my work but disappear when I actually answer
- the ones who had too many "family emergencies" or "car problems" to schedule
- the ones I somehow amassed from states I have no intention of visiting, ever

There was something cathartic about it. I have fewer "friends," but better ones. Highly recommended.

Dec 23 06 01:55 am Link

Photographer

Photos By Deej

Tumwater, Washington, US

Yes,  I did the same thing but with a slightly different criteria a couple months ago. 

First I deleted models whom I met but never worked with.  Then I deleted photographers who I met or admired my work.  What I left myself with were the models who I've actually worked and that's it.  I feel like a lot of models are just trying to get more publicity for their profile by requesting to be your friend.  Models if I'm wrong in my assumption please correct me.

Dec 23 06 01:59 am Link

Photographer

Caspers Creations

Kansas City, Missouri, US

I do this every few months.
I usually dont add people that I havent actually shared Email or Tags with so that helps eliminate the clutter.
But.....I do add those that I talk with and then clean them up if 3-6 months have passed without hearing from them or shooting with them.
I think it's easier to keep track of those that I want to want to.

Dec 23 06 01:54 pm Link

Model

Samantha Grace

Los Angeles, California, US

I think I will do that tooo!

I add everyone, but I will delet the dead weight. I have like 40 pages of friends.

Dec 23 06 02:02 pm Link