Forums > General Industry > I added a new rule to my Model Shoots info page.

Photographer

StMarc

Chicago, Illinois, US

"6. I love glitter makeup too, really I do. However, I won't take pictures of a model wearing it. It gets all over everything and under studio lighting it makes you look like you have radioactive pimples. If you show up wearing it you will be asked to remove it. If you put any on before or during the shoot, you will be sent back to makeup. No exceptions."

Comments?

M

Dec 22 06 10:47 pm Link

Model

Jessalyn

Denver, Colorado, US

there is glitter in quite a bit of my eyeshadows, but I guess it isn't enough to show up under studio lighting. I've never noticed it and no one has ever mentioned they noticed it either.

Are you referring to other makeup? What else do girls wear that has glitter in it??

Dec 22 06 10:49 pm Link

Photographer

StMarc

Chicago, Illinois, US

There are various things that have glitter in them that models seem to show up with from time to time.

I'm just tired of retouching out little glittery pimples and cleaning it off my stuff. Against my better judgment, I allowed a model to shoot some product shots with it on this weekend. It got on the product and now I must painstakingly retouch out the little colored hotspots.

Glitter eyeshadow is fairly common but there are degrees of glitterieness. If I can't tell the glitter is in it if I look closely, you're probably all right. I'm talking about the obvious kind.

M

Dec 22 06 10:52 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Brummitt

Clarkston, Michigan, US

Good point.  One I never considered.

Dec 22 06 10:55 pm Link

Photographer

Timmor

Redding, California, US

I don't like glitter either... can I swipe your rule and add it to my list of Rules for Models?

Dec 22 06 10:55 pm Link

Photographer

StMarc

Chicago, Illinois, US

tyukk wrote:
I don't like glitter either... can I swipe your rule and add it to my list of Rules for Models?

Feel free.

M

Dec 22 06 10:58 pm Link

Photographer

re- photography

San Francisco, California, US

I've vaccumed the carpet in my changing room several times and I still find glitter........good thing I'm mooving into a new space......one without magenta carpet.....

Dec 22 06 11:10 pm Link

Model

DELETE ACCOUNT

Eškašem, Badakhshan, Afghanistan

StMarc wrote:
"6. I love glitter makeup too, really I do. However, I won't take pictures of a model wearing it. It gets all over everything and under studio lighting it makes you look like you have radioactive pimples. If you show up wearing it you will be asked to remove it. If you put any on before or during the shoot, you will be sent back to makeup. No exceptions."

Comments?

M

big_smile  Filed for (hopeful) future reference.

KJ

Dec 22 06 11:13 pm Link

Photographer

FKVPhotography

Ocala, Florida, US

Just shot a cheerleader and the colors were green....bright green and black...the green was glitter on her eyelids....UGH! ...of all the colors it just had to be GREEN!

It wasn't that nice small glitter either....it was big clumpy GREEN glitter!

Dec 22 06 11:19 pm Link