Forums > General Industry > Comments, a lack of...

Photographer

Scott Ramsay Images

Austin, Texas, US

I am so intertested in how some people have 100's of comments in thier port and some have very few....like me.  Is it a networking thing?  I leave allot of commenst out there on many different ports....but recieve very few.  I know I don't suck....and I do get some very nice commenst from folks...but what is the deal?  I am guessing it is kinda like myspace where you have to work it for hours at a time?  Also...I find it so intertesting....some shots get nothing!  Shots I love....no love from anyone. :-(  I guess it is all subjective and one person's opinion of a shot I like may think it is not worth commenting on.  Anyway...just rambling.....so is the answer networking, shooting more skin, finding freaky concepts with spiders coming out of the model's mouth??? I even added the first male to my port this morning!!!

Input?

Oh...BTW...Happy Holidays all!

Scotland

Dec 22 06 02:00 pm Link

Photographer

Artistic Vision

Billings, Montana, US

post more so people might see your port more?

Dec 22 06 02:40 pm Link

Model

JanineM

Miami, Arizona, US

Not Sure either as I am new here....But your port is great! You have some nice shots in there. smile
Happy Holidays!!
-jM

Dec 22 06 02:46 pm Link

Photographer

M Pandolfo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

A combination of time and posting...getting your name out there. Then again, I'm posting all the time and have few comments. Hmm...it's all those damn photographers and models shooting nudes that are usurping all the comments I guess smile

Dec 22 06 02:50 pm Link

Model

Kizzy

Tulsa, Oklahoma, US

Networking...you have to post and be involved in the MM community so people know who you are.  You have some very nice images in your port!  :-)  I don't think many people get paying jobs from here, but it is a great place to make connections if you want to expand your port and do TFCD.  Most of my paying jobs come from OMP, but I LOVE MM!  Come join us in the forums! 

Best of luck to you!

Dec 22 06 02:51 pm Link

Model

little apple blossom

MCMINNVILLE, Oregon, US

I rarely look at anyone's port that isn't either: in the first few pages of last activity on the browser in my own state, posts frequently on the main page announcements, or is active in forums. Sometimes I go to a models page and find that the picture that intrigues me is really more because of the photographer than the model so I go photogs page or the other way around. So I guess I'd suggest being active in this MM community in as many areas as possible, Shoot with models from the site to increase your chances of being seen here, and not that your avatars not nice, it is, but it doesn't grab attention, so I might switch it just so it pops more and people notice it. Hope that helps.

Dec 22 06 02:56 pm Link

Photographer

Quay Lude

Madison, Wisconsin, US

Well the tits and ass element is huge. Post a nude in your port. Even a really lousy one and you'll see hits on that way beyond a non nude. (typically- please don't flame).

And the advice I've received is to be active in the forums. Ho it up so people see you. But, like that guy above me, it doesn't do me much good either!

Yeah, post boobs, you'll be a hit. :-)

Dec 22 06 02:58 pm Link

Model

Jessalyn

Denver, Colorado, US

little apple blossom wrote:
I rarely look at anyone's port that isn't either: in the first few pages of last activity on the browser in my own state, posts frequently on the main page announcements, or is active in forums. Sometimes I go to a models page and find that the picture that intrigues me is really more because of the photographer than the model so I go photogs page or the other way around. So I guess I'd suggest being active in this MM community in as many areas as possible, Shoot with models from the site to increase your chances of being seen here, and not that your avatars not nice, it is, but it doesn't grab attention, so I might switch it just so it pops more and people notice it. Hope that helps.

I agree with l.a.b. and kizzy

Dec 22 06 02:59 pm Link

Photographer

mjkhfryimhg

Tucson, Arizona, US

I dunno, usually I look at the announcements and if something catches my eye I check out the port and comment when something catches my eye.  which I can do all day given the amount of talent on behalf of a types here.

A lot of people announce to trade pics and I check them out sometimes, but a lot of times I don't comment even if they trade because nothing catches my eye.  Plus I don't comment to receive them, but I do like it when people do comment.

Dec 22 06 03:02 pm Link

Photographer

Scott Ramsay Images

Austin, Texas, US

Thank you all.....very good input.  I am getting allot of paying gigs...MM is for fun and many of the models in my port are from here....so I will jump into the forums and have fun....but sometimes...it is brutal in there! ;-0

Take care all and have a Merry Holiday Season!

Cheers,

Scotland

Dec 22 06 03:37 pm Link

Model

Tiara Lestari

Jhanaydāh, Jhanaydāh, Bangladesh

Ramucci Studios wrote:
Thank you all.....very good input.  I am getting allot of paying gigs...MM is for fun and many of the models in my port are from here....so I will jump into the forums and have fun....but sometimes...it is brutal in there! ;-0

Take care all and have a Merry Holiday Season!

Cheers,

Scotland

You have great images.. smile

Dec 22 06 05:42 pm Link

Model

Tikeya

Edgewood, Maryland, US

Ramucci Studios wrote:
Shots I love....no love from anyone. :-(

I know what you mean.  I know that I'm not Miss Popular on here, but I was sure that my jacuzzi pic, which is one of my favorites and has 84 views, would've gotten more than one comment by now.  The Skittles pic, which is probably my least favorite, has gotten a lot of comments though.

By the way, happy holidays to you too!  smile

Dec 22 06 05:56 pm Link

Model

Tiara Lestari

Jhanaydāh, Jhanaydāh, Bangladesh

Tikeya wrote:

I know what you mean.  I know that I'm not Miss Popular on here, but I was sure that my jacuzzi pic, which is one of my favorites and has 84 views, would've gotten more than one comment by now.  The Skittles pic, which is probably my least favorite, has gotten a lot of comments though.

By the way, happy holidays to you too!  smile

Naw you're pretty popular compare to me.. Hahhahah..

I do love your skittle pic!

Dec 22 06 05:58 pm Link

Model

Vera van Munster

Belmont, North Carolina, US

Ask for comments and say you'll return the favor;I personally dont do that because then you get insincere comments,and who the hell wants to do the same for that person? I dont have many comments either.I have more views than anything.I'd rather the comment be from the heart than just be there for the hell of it.

Dec 22 06 06:00 pm Link

Model

Tikeya

Edgewood, Maryland, US

Lestari wrote:
I do love your skittle pic!

Thanks!  smile

Dec 22 06 06:03 pm Link

Photographer

Rich Davis

Gulf Breeze, Florida, US

Network, network and then network.