Forums > General Industry > Photo Release Form for Photog, Please Review

Photographer

thatsphotography

Ponce Inlet, Florida, US

I've cut and pasted several Photo Release Forms and came up with this?

any good? feel free to grab it and use it smile

I, (Model's Name)hereby grant (Photographer's Name), their successors and assigns, it’s employees, agents and those acting under their permission, or upon their authority or those by whom they are commissioned, its officers, officials, affiliated clubs, their advertisers, its assigns, licensees, and legal representatives and, if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event; which are hereinafter referred to as “the Releasees,”:

(1) The absolute, irrevocable right(s), unrestricted permission and without any additional form of monetary payment now or later, as “the Releasees” deem appropriate; to use, re-use, produce, publish, circulate or otherwise use photographs and/or motion picture of me, my name, picture, portrait, or photograph in all forms and media, voice reproductions, and electronic publication, to the extent as stated above, whether taken in a studio or elsewhere, in black and white or in colors, alone or in conjunction with other persons or characters, real or imaginary, without restriction as to changes or transformations in conjunction with my own or a fictitious name, which I may be included in whole, part, or distorted in form or reproductions thereof and in all manners, including, but not limited to, composite, for advertising, for publication or for any other lawful purposes, in any part of the world. I waive any right to inspect or approve the finished product, including written copy, which may be created in the above mentioned ways and/or connection therewith.

(2) Additionally, I waive all my right, title and interest in and to all negatives, prints, tapes, and reproductions of any kind thereof, and I do hereby release “the Releasees”, from any and all rights, claims, demands, actions or suits from which I may or can have against them on account of the use or publication of said photographs and/or motion pictures or tapes.

(3) I agree that, while I have the permission to make an unlimited number of copies and/or reprints of any images, or to reproduce the images for any non-commercial purpose, for personal use and distribution at no charge. I have the permission to use the photographs for purposes related to the non-commercial promotion of my modeling business if any, including but not limited to portfolios, composite cards, exhibitions, contests and promotional internet web sites, I will not use any images for commercial or editorial purposes or to enter any of the images in competition without the express written permission of “the Releasees”. Furthermore, I agree to credit “the Releasees”, including copyright notice, whenever an image is reproduced.

(4) If, I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately; and, I acknowledge and fully understand that each participant will be engaging in activities that involve risk of serious injury, including permanent disability and death, and severe social and economic losses which may result not only from their own actions, inactions or negligence but the action, inaction or negligence of others, the rules of play, or the condition of the premises or of any equipment used. Further, I accept personal responsibility for the damages following such injury, permanent disability or death; and, I knowingly and freely assume all such risk, both known and unknown, even those arising from the negligent acts or omissions of others, and assume full responsibility for my participation ; and I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, hereby release, hold harmless, “the Releasees” , with respect to all and any injury, disability, death, or loss or damage to person or property, whether arising from the negligence of the “the Releasees” or otherwise, to the fullest extent permitted by law.

(5) I hereby affirm that I am over the age of majority and have the right to contract in my own name. I have read the above authorization, release and agreement, prior to its execution; I fully understand the contents thereof. This agreement shall be binding upon me and my heirs, legal representatives and assigns.

I HAVE READ THIS PHOTO RELEASE, LIABILITY WAIVERAND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.

Dec 20 06 04:41 pm Link

Photographer

i c e c o l d

Fort Myers, Florida, US

Aaagogo wrote:
I've cut and pasted several Photo Release Forms and came up with this?

any good?

I HAVE READ THIS PHOTO RELEASE, LIABILITY WAIVERAND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.

NO!

Do yourself and your models a favor. Hire an attorney and have a proper one written.

You have cut and pasted three different types of forms into one form and your calling it a release. The wording, puncuation and partially written statements make this just a piece of paper with words. Sorry but its worthless.

Dec 20 06 04:52 pm Link

Photographer

Bruce Talbot

Los Angeles, California, US

Dec 20 06 04:58 pm Link

Photographer

thatsphotography

Ponce Inlet, Florida, US

just sent a copy to my lawyer friend,

he's helping me work on it as we speak.

Dec 20 06 05:01 pm Link

Photographer

A Traveler

San Francisco, California, US

too much fluff is there that doesn't need to be. it could be made significantly shorter and equally all encompassing.

Dec 20 06 07:13 pm Link

Photographer

Bob Helm Photography

Cherry Hill, New Jersey, US

IMO para 3 and 4 present problems.
Para3 acknowledges reproduction rights that can only be granted by the copyright owner (presumably the photographer) and is more correctly put in a copyright license or release. if contained in the MR it is no longer a MR but a contract and must be signed by both copyright owner and model
Para 4 seems to be a waiver of liability and assumption of responsibilty for risks involved in the shoot.
Hopefully your lawyer has a background in IP and privacy issues

Dec 21 06 01:08 am Link

Model

Samantha Grace

Los Angeles, California, US

Couture Imagery wrote:
too much fluff is there that doesn't need to be. it could be made significantly shorter and equally all encompassing.

I agree, I like shorter agreements. Being I am a model who reads the whole thing before signing it. If I do not like the agreement, I talk about it with the photographer.

Dec 21 06 01:30 am Link

Photographer

R A Photography

Lawton, Oklahoma, US

the release should be about half as long, as most models don't want to spend too long reading the release before starting to shoot. The best release will be short, sweet, and to the point. It should have only the necessities, and none of the fluff.

Dec 21 06 07:59 am Link