Forums > Model Colloquy > Scammer - Autographs

Model

GingerMuse

STUDIO CITY, California, US

haha. yep, I've gotten that email before.
They've been sending out that email for years!

May 13 13 03:31 pm Link

Photographer

MCmodeling

Sonora, California, US

Its amazing what scams people will come up with.

May 13 13 03:32 pm Link

Model

Venessa Baez

NORTH HOLLYWOOD, California, US

I've had a few different people ask for autographed prints via facebook but they never said anything about poor Kenny lol

May 13 13 07:46 pm Link

Model

Caciazoo

New York, New York, US

Thanks for the heads up!!

May 28 13 06:17 am Link

Model

Elizabeth Marxs

Denver, Colorado, US

I've actually been contacted by them 2 years ago. They actually mailed me the prints they wanted signed and I signed them and mailed them back.

Weird

May 28 13 08:23 am Link

Model

Natasha Nacre

Silver Spring, Maryland, US

I just got an email this morning. Looks like the scam is going strong!

May 29 13 06:49 am Link

Photographer

Michael Fryd

Miami Beach, Florida, US

Elizabeth Marxs wrote:
I've actually been contacted by them 2 years ago. They actually mailed me the prints they wanted signed and I signed them and mailed them back.

Weird

And now they have your name, mailing address and signature.

Perhaps they are interested in identity theft?   Some people will sign with a stage name, and some people will use a business name.  But they don't need accurate information on everyone, just a few.

Jun 03 13 05:00 am Link

Model

Serene Isley

Raleigh, North Carolina, US

http://buffalo-il.cannonads.com/14210/h … 21246.html

That's at least one of the places the guy uses to sell the autographs.

Aug 03 13 01:41 pm Link

Photographer

Michael Zahra

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Clearly MBA school was a waste - I never imagined the opportunity to make mega $$$ selling autographed photos of random non-famous people at the flea market.

And to whomever said he could cash in if one day that person did become famous - statistics class was useful in MBA school.

Aug 03 13 01:59 pm Link

Aug 06 13 11:39 am Link

Model

Abigail Rose Hill

Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom

I got an email the other day to much the same effect (but a LOT longer - I won't paste it all here!)

The address to send to was UK based, Leeds to be precise. I then got a message on facebook to my fanpage (sometimes I wish they never turned that feature on...ugh) from a guy with a completely different name but signed the same name as used on the email - Nicola Poole.

[email protected] is the email address the autograph request was sent from.

Aug 11 13 08:28 am Link

Photographer

Viator Defessus Photos

Houston, Texas, US

The problem I have with the idea of scams like this is that a celebrity autograph will almost never be worth anything these days. Most of these celebs sign hundreds if not thousands of things a year, some of them do it for $20-30. They use it as a revenue stream. With that many signed pictures/items out there, most of these things will never be rare or valuable. About the only way I see such things ever becoming worth something is if that photo/print is a limited print-run of a somehow desirable or iconic image of them or if the autograph is on an object of special significance (like Johny Manziel signing the ball used in the A&M v Alabama game from last year or something similar).

Aug 12 13 01:30 pm Link

Model

fluffycakes

Chicago, Illinois, US

Paige Morgan wrote:

The same guy hits up well known folks as well. That's probably where the money mostly comes from.

Plus if any of the under the radar folks get huge, he can capitalize on that.

yeah i've heard of kenny&sandy before, don't remember where but it was awhile ago

Aug 12 13 01:55 pm Link

Model

RETIRED Kila Jager

Dothan, Alabama, US

I just got the same message for the 2nd time in a couple of months. My reply was, you already tried this on me!

I'd love to send Kenny a package from....

http://www.shitsenders.com/order/

Dear Kila, Hi my name is Kenny. I'm writing to you because I saw your profile on Model Mayhem. I think that you are very beautiful. I am disabled and a veteran. I am collecting autographs of models. I would like to ask if you could please send me an autographed photo. If you could I would be forever grateful to you. Thank You Very Much Kenny

Kenny Thrun

40 Clifford Street

Buffalo New York

USA        14210

Aug 23 13 09:52 am Link

Model

Klarrissa

Los Angeles, California, US

I got an email from him the other day, I thought it was so odd! Thanks for the heads up!

Aug 23 13 11:28 pm Link

Model

Shilo Von Porcelaine

Los Angeles, California, US

Fairly certain my boyfriend's band did this -_- It sounds really familiar so I'll have to ask him about it. Thanks for the heads up, though.

What a nutjob! Who pretends to be have a sick husband to get free autographs and sell them? Awful.

Aug 24 13 12:15 am Link

Model

Joanne Juiceboxx Wright

Liverpool, England, United Kingdom

oh god thanks for posting this
o.0

Sep 21 13 06:14 am Link

Model

ladybluemodel

Milan, Lombardy, Italy

thank you everyone for posting this o_0
just reseved an e mail today from the same guy !

with a long story from his family,that they have passed a lot of strange horibble thing etc.. always using living in uk too and  using name of :

Miss Nicola Poole

14 Woodland Crescent
Swillington ( Not Rothwell )
Leeds
West Yorkshire
LS26-8DN
UK.
E-MAIL = [email protected]

stay aware !!  and thanks again eveyone you where a lot helpful for me.

Oct 21 13 03:34 pm Link

Model

Michelle Genevieve

Gaithersburg, Maryland, US

Just got one myself, today, same guy, exact same message.  That little buzz in the back of my brain said to me "Haven't I read something about this somewhere before?"

Glad to have the search function!

Oct 26 13 06:18 pm Link

Model

Kt Red

Atlanta, Georgia, US

He's still at it.  Pretending to be a disabled vet.  Just got his email about collecting models' autographs. SMH STILL USING THE SAME ADDRESS?! How dumb can this guy be?!

AimeeButler wrote:
Hi everyone smile

If you get this email... it's a scam:

-----------------

Dear Aimee, I'm writing to you in regard to my husband Kenny who has gone through major back surgery and is going to be laid up in bed for a long while. My husband is a very big fan of yours. I would like to ask if you could please send him an autographed photo. If you could I know my husband would be thrilled and I would be forever grateful to you. Thank You Very Much Sandy

Kenny Thrun
40 Clifford Street
Buffalo New York
USA 14210
-------------

Turns out kenny / sandy is writing to anyone & everyone, also likes to sell the autographs:

http://youcantcopysloppy.tumblr.com/pos … -autograph

smile

Dec 25 13 10:23 am Link

Model

Abigail Rose Hill

Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom

They've been emailing my agency as well. Utter utter lunatics.

Dec 25 13 01:38 pm Link

Model

Amelia Talon

Seattle, Washington, US

AimeeButler wrote:
Hi everyone smile

If you get this email... it's a scam:

-----------------

Dear Aimee, I'm writing to you in regard to my husband Kenny who has gone through major back surgery and is going to be laid up in bed for a long while. My husband is a very big fan of yours. I would like to ask if you could please send him an autographed photo. If you could I know my husband would be thrilled and I would be forever grateful to you. Thank You Very Much Sandy

Kenny Thrun
40 Clifford Street
Buffalo New York
USA 14210
-------------

Turns out kenny / sandy is writing to anyone & everyone, also likes to sell the autographs:

http://youcantcopysloppy.tumblr.com/pos … -autograph

smile

I think people who ask to send signed photos have some real steel balls.
I get thousands of requests and would be out many hundreds of dollars to make prints and pay for the postage if I obliged everyone. I've gotten this exact email a year ago(searched email with filter).

Dec 25 13 06:49 pm Link

Model

Gabrielle Keely

Denver, Colorado, US

I wonder how many stories he has than.

Dear Gabrielle, Hi my name is Kenny. I'm writing to you because I saw your profile on Model Mayhem. I think that you are beautiful. I am disabled and a veteran and am collecting autographs of models. I would like to ask if you could please send me an autographed photo. If you could I would be forever grateful to you. Thank You Very Much Kenny

Kenny Thrun
40 Clifford Street
Buffalo New York
USA        14210

Feb 22 14 07:44 pm Link

Model

Mel Heflin

Atlantic Beach, Florida, US

they just wrote me claiming to be a disabled veteran. My family is military. I feel sickened.

Mar 21 14 09:58 am Link

Model

Agatha D

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

yeah i got one of those too:

(the thing that really gets me is that I am actually a vet. So this almost got me. I love other vets and always donate to the disabled vet fund. This is really disgusting)

"
Dear Agatha, Hi my name is Kenny. I'm writing to you because I saw your profile on Model Mayhem. I think that you are beautiful. I am disabled and a veteran and am collecting autographs of models. I would like to ask if you could please send me an autographed photo. If you could I would be forever grateful to you. Thank You Very Much Kenny

Kenny Thrun
40 Clifford Street
Buffalo New York
USA        14210"

Funny thing is..I am SO NOT famous! he's prolly loose $$ trying to sell my autograph lol

Mar 23 14 09:23 am Link

Model

Valhallas_Angel

Tucson, Arizona, US

OMG I was almost scammed this way!

It was labeled "Female Model Born Before 1993"

and it was this LONG elaborate letter from a supposed woman in the UK with an ailing husband who said he was a fan an wanted my autograph.

I just thought someone's either trying to steal my identity or do something that takes my notarized authorization.

Apr 02 14 12:15 am Link

Model

Bianca English

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

I just got the email - it very strange and weird.... Glad I'm not the only one.....

Dear Bianca, Hi my name is Kenny. I'm writing to you because I saw your profile on Model Mayhem. I think that you are beautiful. I am disabled and a veteran and am collecting autographs of models. I would like to ask if you could please send me an autographed photo. If you could I would be forever grateful to you. Thank You Very Much Kenny

Kenny Thrun
40 Clifford Street
Buffalo New York
USA        14210

Apr 04 14 05:03 am Link

Model

Mentii

Bridgewater, New Jersey, US

interesting . I'm glad I googled this name and this forum came up. Just received the same email except stating that he is a disabled vet. Interesting.

Thanks for the heads up.

Jun 17 14 07:36 am Link

Model

Samantha Pamintuan

Greenville, South Carolina, US

I got the kenny as a disabled vet email. They actually went to my website, and submitted it in th contact section. I was like no way someone wants my autograph lol

Oct 30 14 05:55 pm Link

Photographer

Deep Visions

Oceanside, California, US

I suffered a severe hand injury last month & I'm now disabled because of it. Ok maybe I'm exaggerating abit but it was a really nasty paper cut that required the use of a large band aid & it hurt really bad! So will all you beautiful models please take pity on me & send an autographed pic? I would be much obliged smile

Nov 01 14 09:23 am Link

Model

Magda Kulpinska

Paris, Île-de-France, France

lol, I had an autograph request years ago... I Wonder how that could even sell? I mean, who wants that shit?

Nov 02 14 12:16 pm Link

Model

Amber Dawn - Indiana

Salem, Indiana, US

That's why you don't post your email then you don't have to worry about scammers :-)

Nov 02 14 03:01 pm Link

Model

D A N I

Little Rock, Arkansas, US

Just got this email lol now I feel special! big_smile

My response

Please deposit $125 into my PayPal account. Use this email address

Nov 06 14 10:35 am Link

Model

AllanaPenne

Lake Villa, Illinois, US

I JUST received this email to my Gmail account. I got the Army vet version. Sigh...hope that the guy really is a vet...false valor is a felony.

Nov 21 14 10:43 am Link

Model

CharmAngeL

Houston, Texas, US

I just got the email too dude 3 years later & kenny thrun still running the same scams? that makes me think that this email works on some poor girl out there, somewhere lol smh

Dec 03 15 07:58 pm Link

Photographer

MN Photography

Chicago, Illinois, US

I really doubt if this guy sells any significant number of his obsessively collected photos.  As someone else in this ancient thread pointed out, autographed photos of random people are not usually very valuable.  Some people are just deep end OCD about paper items. 

I used to have a guy who bought about 150 photos from me online over about a three year period.  I didn't want to question it because I was afraid to stop the trickle of cash coming in, but I finally asked what was up.  He just liked getting the photos in the mail.  He'd look at them once and then put them in files in a storage locker.  He said that he thought that he had over 5,000 photos. 

He abruptly stopped about six months later.  I'm guessing that he died or his wife found out about his picture collection.

Dec 03 15 08:33 pm Link

Model

Erika Ward

Saint Augustine, Florida, US

Yep - apparently he/she/they are still at it.  Just got an email from a '[email protected]' saying:

Dear Erika, Hi my name is Kenny. I am writing to you because I saw your profile on Model Mayhem. I think that you are very beautiful. I am disabled and a veteran. I am collecting autographs of models. I would like to ask if you could please send me an autographed photo. If you could I would be forever grateful to you. Thank You Very Much Kenny

Kenny Thrun
40 Clifford Street
Buffalo New York
USA         14210

How are these people getting our email addresses?  Are they on our profiles somewhere?  Not cool, MM.

Dec 16 15 03:40 pm Link

Model

hayleyrudolph

Dallas, Texas, US

Dear Hayley, Hi my name is Kenny. I am writing to you because I saw your profile on Model Mayhem. I think that you are very beautiful. I am disabled and a veteran. I am collecting autographs of models. I would like to ask if you could please send me an autographed photo. If you could I would be forever grateful to you. Thank You Very Much Kenny

Kenny Thrun
40 Clifford Street
Buffalo New York
USA         14210

I always get emails about things likes this and ALWAYS search their name to make sure there is nothing on them, now found this whole thing.

Feb 28 16 11:37 pm Link

Model

Susan Arruda

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Hi everyone.
I got the same email.
Thank you for opening this string.

Sep 29 16 06:38 am Link

Photographer

Vintagevista

Sun City, California, US

Sep 29 16 08:38 am Link