Forums > Model Colloquy > Scammer - Autographs

Photographer

Paolo D Photography

San Francisco, California, US

Jordan Bunniie wrote:
The thing is.. what value does a stage name signature have with legal name information?

this made me think if they had other info...
what if they're making a fake release form, perhaps faking permission to sell prints / content elsewhere?

edit:
top of tha page ma!

Oct 12 12 07:45 pm Link

Model

Manzin

Detroit, Michigan, US

Shit, even -I- got this email. lol

Oct 13 12 06:22 am Link

Photographer

Jeff Fiore

Brooklyn, New York, US

Augustine York wrote:

The scam is that they are pretending to be a fan wanting a signed autograph, when really what they are doing is collecting/reselling the photos.

The scam is that they are misrepresenting why they want it - they want it for free rather than buy an autographed photos. Nothing illegal about selling autographed photos but preying on the sympathy of people is just wrong.

Oct 13 12 06:51 am Link

Photographer

Jhono Bashian

Cleveland, Ohio, US

not another scammer on MM

Oct 13 12 07:00 am Link

Photographer

Darren Brade

London, England, United Kingdom

Augustine York wrote:

I am not sure of the market - I have heard of models making money from signed prints, but the whole point of this scam is that they don't have to pay anything to get them, so anything they sell is pure profit.

Sure, they could buy a camera and hire a model to get the photos. But they are scammers. They want to make money without having to go through legitimate channels.

I would say they might just want the satisfaction of tricking someone into doing their bidding. No disrespect to the models, but who would by an autograph of someone who isn't famous. Just weird.

Or maybe to p*ss  off the person at that address, suddenly getting hundreds of signed pictures of women on your doormat might upset the wife.

Oct 14 12 04:13 am Link

Model

JorgiE Mason

Tampa, Florida, US

I am so glad that the MM community sticks together.  I received this email this past week, and I just opened it.  Thankfully, God gave me common sense; I Googled the address before even replying.  MM scammer comments were the first link to pop up.
I will continue to spread the word.  Thank you all!

Hugs&Muahs!

Oct 14 12 03:14 pm Link

Photographer

4 R D

Mexico City, Distrito Federal, Mexico

Jerry Nemeth wrote:

I would love your autographed photo!  Photographing you is a better idea.   smile

Me too!

Oct 15 12 10:04 am Link

Model

Mzre Yuen

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

I can barely sell my own prints at shows. The few hundred dollars I make don't even account for what I pay for promo items and the prints themselves. I highly doubt he is reselling it. Might just be a huge collector or something. I got this email today and it raised flags as well. I'm currently emailing "sandy" back and forth just to get a better understanding of them.

Honestly if it were my husband I would castrate him if he asked my to ask another woman for half naked pics.

Oct 20 12 10:25 am Link

Model

Cheryl Downey

MAHWAH, New Jersey, US

I received this message twice also. I thought it was odd that a female was requesting a pinup models photo with signature for her husband.

Oct 25 12 10:57 am Link

Model

Lisbeth Phelps

Phoenix, Arizona, US

I just got this email, so glad I Googled it. What a jerk!

Oct 29 12 08:53 pm Link

Model

_Nyxon_

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

I have received this email several times, and yes, it is a scam. If you Google the email address, you'll see that Kenny has been having surgery since 2008, and Sandy has also sent out emails fishing for photos for her son, who was in a terrible accident. They have not only been contacting models of many genres, but also other types of entertainers as well. It doesn't really matter your level of 'fame'. If they are re-selling these photos (which they clearly are) then someone might just pay $10- $25 for a high quality 8x10, of a pretty girl, regardless if their name is recognizable or not. I also hate to say it, but jack material is jack material.

No, it isn't illegal to re-sell photos, but it is not in good taste to obtain things under false pretenses, and it IS illegal to steal. Fetish modeling is my full time job, and I have worked hard to build up a reputation & an image within the fetish world. I sell my 8x10s on my website, and as I'm not opposed to legitimately helping those in need, I do not like it when people steal from me. If  you are obtaining photos of me, for free & under false pretenses, and then turning around & selling those photos (even if it's for a measly $5) I'm sorry, but you are stealing form me.

Oct 30 12 01:18 pm Link

Model

Lady Alice

Harlow, England, United Kingdom

i literally just got this email and straight away it seemed dodgy to me, damn him!

Oct 31 12 11:00 am Link

Model

Eden Charm

Oviedo, Florida, US

I got one also, I am not dumb and know the game and scams... I looked the address up online and saw the pic of the house...  jerk

Nov 08 12 05:16 am Link

Model

moflow

Columbus, Ohio, US

Just got this e-mail, too!

Thanks for the heads up!

Morgan

Dec 20 12 12:29 pm Link

Model

Sonnie Marie

Richmond, Virginia, US

Paolo Diavolo wrote:
not sure what value a non-celebrity autographed print would have? perhaps its just a strange but harmless collection that cheers up a disabled guy?

I just got this message. I'll send one of my photos, I dont see where there is any harm, specially if theres no return address and my name is on it. Hey you never know where it could show up.

Dec 24 12 10:03 pm Link

Photographer

Robbie Wolf Photography

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Sign your favorite celebrity's name on the photo. Then the joke is on the scammer as he goes around trying to sell pics of "Angelina Jolie."

Dec 24 12 11:18 pm Link

Model

Figuremodel001

Chicago, Illinois, US

I'mcrushed, never heard from her.

Dec 25 12 07:11 am Link

Model

Nyesha Valentin

San Antonio, Texas, US

I just got this........... wow

On Tue, Jan 1, 2013 at 8:07 AM,  wrote:
ph's of llamas and his favorite celebrities. My husband thinks you are very beautiful. I would like to ask if you could please send him an autographed photo. If you could I know my husband would be thrilled and I would be forever grateful to you. Thank You Very Much Sandy

Jan 01 13 06:07 pm Link

Model

Shellie Schmals

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I'm from Buffalo originally, and didn't Google the name - but Googled the address, since it's pretty close to where my parents live:

http://www.xdd.org/cs/Buffalo/NY/Cliffo … 1462150889

Maybe George Long Glaser can explain what's going on???

Jan 01 13 07:34 pm Link

Model

Sandra Vixen

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Wow that seems like a new and strange one.

If they are, in fact mailing so many people, that is SPAM and a violation of the law.

I would recommend posting that on ripoffreport.com under "unsual scams".

Jan 01 13 07:49 pm Link

Model

Nikki Magnusson

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

I get them all the time..

they sell the autographed pics on various websites...

its a good money making scam for them..

they suck...https://a4.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/147/083b307e34474cc0b3f5f3cf297adeda/l.gif

Jan 01 13 07:49 pm Link

Photographer

DCP Glamour

Dunwoody, Georgia, US

Digitoxin wrote:

Shhhh.

I sell mine for $8,200 each.

I always have to pay to give my autograph. It's usually at a cash register.

Jan 01 13 07:52 pm Link

Artist/Painter

Two Pears Studio

Wilmington, Delaware, US

I'd like your autograph... and I promise not to sell it?

Seriously...

And I know it sucks when someone pretends to represent something when they do not. Thanks for the heads up.

Jan 02 13 07:00 am Link

Model

Kelly Bausby

Miami Beach, Florida, US

I received one on my website as well.

I guess either don't send it, or if you do, put a copyright on it so if you find your "black ass" gets posted somewhere u can sue.

Hey, never know, if these guys think your "black ass" is good enough to rip off, maybe somebody real might see the photo and find you for work.

A twisted way to look at it, but hey, who knows.

********************What to REALLY DO********************

You know how there always has to be at least one photographer that took an AMAZING shot of you and put their copyright all over the photo and it looks like SH*T in your book,  copy THAT one and autograph it and send it to 'em.....along with a t-shirt that says "I don't like you", "You're Ruining My Life", "Sorry I don't have a phone #", or "L.M.F.A.O.I.Y.F.B'S.!!! IYFB'S=IN YO FACE B*TCH%S!!". 

Then say, my homegirl said she thought of you when she made this

smile

I couldn't help but to throw that in there.

***that just gave me another idea!!!****

Let the games continue :}

DOMINOE BIA BIA!!!

I'm so black lol

Kelly

Jan 23 13 07:42 am Link

Model

JWest

Asheville, North Carolina, US

Lol, I get those emails constantly. They make me giggle every time.

Jan 23 13 07:55 am Link

Model

Timebomb Tina

Houston, Texas, US

I received this email too and evidently they got my email address from here on MM because my real name is not listed on here, at all. I'm just glad I was smart enough to Google the email address before I responded or sent a photo to this Kenny/Sandy guy.

Mar 16 13 11:32 am Link

Photographer

EdwardKristopher

Tempe, Arizona, US

AimeeButler wrote:
Hi everyone smile

If you get this email... it's a scam:

-----------------

Dear Aimee, I'm writing to you in regard to my husband Kenny who has gone through major back surgery and is going to be laid up in bed for a long while. My husband is a very big fan of yours. I would like to ask if you could please send him an autographed photo. If you could I know my husband would be thrilled and I would be forever grateful to you. Thank You Very Much Sandy

Kenny Thrun
40 Clifford Street
Buffalo New York
USA 14210
-------------

Turns out kenny / sandy is writing to anyone & everyone, also likes to sell the autographs:

http://youcantcopysloppy.tumblr.com/pos … -autograph

http://buffalo-il.cannonads.com/14210/h … 21246.html

smile

???

Mar 16 13 06:34 pm Link

Model

Corazon Reynolds

Vancouver, Washington, US

I got this Email through my website contact link

[email protected]

Comment
Dear Corazon, I'm writing to you in regard to my husband Kenny who has gone through major back surgery and is going to be laid up in bed for a long while. My husband is a very big fan of yours. I would like to ask if you could please send him an autographed photo. If you could I know my husband would be thrilled and I would be forever grateful to you. Thank You Very Much Sandy

Kenny Thrun
40 Clifford Street
Buffalo New York
USA 14210

last year in September and just a couple days ago got this one

Email
[email protected]

Comment
Dear Corazon, I'm writing to you in regard to my husband Kenny who is disabled. My husband is trying to collect autograph's of models and his favorite celebrities. My husband thinks you are very beautiful. I would like to ask if you could please send him an autographed photo. If you could I know my husband would be thrilled and I would be forever grateful to you. Thank You Very Much Sandy

Kenny Thrun
40 Clifford Street
Buffalo New York
USA 14210

I didnt realize it was a scam until I researched it today and suprised at how many types of scams there are. hmm

Mar 20 13 07:00 pm Link

Model

Danella Lucioni

Florence, Toscana, Italy

Did anyone see the address on google maps? It's super ghetto I love it

Mar 21 13 04:22 pm Link

Model

Melissa Bayern

London, England, United Kingdom

Just got the same email!!!
Wtf, this is the weirdest scam of all time.  Next time I am in Buffalo, I wanna check this place out haha.  I wonder how they are making money on signed pictures of people who aren't famous yet?!  This is so bizarre.  Anyway, I definitely won't be sending mine!  Thanks for the heads up.

Mar 25 13 06:07 pm Link

Photographer

A-M-P

Orlando, Florida, US

Shellie Schmals wrote:
I'm from Buffalo originally, and didn't Google the name - but Googled the address, since it's pretty close to where my parents live:

http://www.xdd.org/cs/Buffalo/NY/Cliffo … 1462150889

Maybe George Long Glaser can explain what's going on???

wow it shows social security number and credit card numbers on there how the hell those that show up on Google. wtf?

Mar 25 13 06:16 pm Link

Model

Annoula T

Fort Lee, New Jersey, US

hahahaha i just got the same email this morning

Name
Sandy Thrun

Email
[email protected]

Comment
Dear Annoula, I'm writing to you in regard to my husband Kenny who is disabled. My husband is trying to collect autograph's of models and his favorite celebrities. My husband thinks you are very beautiful. I would like to ask if you could please send him an autographed photo. If you could I know my husband would be thrilled and I would be forever grateful to you. Thank You Very Much Sandy

Kenny Thrun
40 Clifford Street
Buffalo New York
USA 14210

and they contacted me through my website contact page! what i noticed through spokeo is that the email is associated with Kenny Thrun which actually lives at that location, but there is no Sandy Thrun listed at that location.

Mar 26 13 11:16 pm Link

Model

Sinclaire Sterling

Stockton, California, US

yeah, they sent me one last week and another a few minutes ago.
I kept thinking, "why does this SOUND like a scam? how could this be a scam? but it totally sounds like one. is this one of my stalkers? I don't have any stalkers in NY. . ."
then I googled the name and bam, every link on the first page has to do with a scam.

Mar 28 13 05:05 am Link

Model

Bearcat Betty

Frederick, Maryland, US

Awww shucks.... and here I thought I had a fan wink What's the world coming to when a girl can't even have a real stalker. haha.

Apr 18 13 06:42 am Link

Model

Latisha Tranae

Richmond Hill, Georgia, US

I just got that email today .. Good thing I googled them !

Apr 23 13 01:52 pm Link

Model

Latisha Tranae

Richmond Hill, Georgia, US

I actually kinda felt sorry for th dude ! Thank god for google and you guys !!

"[email protected]

Dear Latisha, I'm writing to you in regard to my husband Kenny who is disabled. My husband is trying to collect autograph's of models and his favorite celebrities. My husband thinks you are very beautiful. I would like to ask if you could please send him an autographed photo. If you could I know my husband would be thrilled and I would be forever grateful to you. Thank You Very Much Sandy

Kenny Thrun
40 Clifford Street
Buffalo New York
USA        14210 "

Apr 23 13 01:57 pm Link

Photographer

Legacys 7

San Francisco, California, US

Wagering that it's a member. The odd thing about this one is, this person emailed me requesting a model's autograph that I know. Thinking that I'm her.

Apr 28 13 09:13 pm Link

Model

Cheryl Denise Model

Mesa, Arizona, US

I received the same e-mail request.  I'm guessing they want e-mail and mailing addresses from people or maybe the requests become more demanding, asking for bigger favors.  Who knows, but they are all over Google as a scam.

May 10 13 04:02 pm Link

Photographer

Professor X

Calhoun, Georgia, US

Figuremodel001 wrote:
I'mcrushed, never heard from her.

Don't feel too bad i never got one either

May 10 13 04:24 pm Link

Model

Sylvia Vale

Los Angeles, California, US

Almost a year later and the guy is still sending out these e-mails... LOL