Forums > Critique > Fun and Games > Forum Personality Critique. Would I work w/ you?

Photographer

Accidental Plateau

Brooklyn, New York, US

Your thread is a very clever twist.

I am in.

Jan 14 10 03:44 pm Link

Model

K I C K H A M

Los Angeles, California, US

Elizabeth Claret wrote:
Omg Kelli let's get nekkid.

Hahaha!

You know I like you. No nekkid though. wink

I see something like Victorian, with you being the queen and me being a servant or something.  You know, like the skinny people were.

I think it would rock.

Jan 14 10 03:45 pm Link

Model

Bobby Maack

Groningen, Groningen, Netherlands

Kelli Kickham wrote:

I like you.

No real critique for you, I've told you before what you need to work on.

Concepts for us:

Hip nerdy kids (think apple guy).
Skaters shoot.

Woot!

Woot! I like!

And yes, you told me, but I just wanted to say hi!

And I think you are awesome.

big_smile

Jan 14 10 03:46 pm Link

Model

Liberty Press

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I like the idea of this thread. Personality is often overlooked and very important. Try me on for size?

Jan 14 10 03:48 pm Link

Model

Elizabeth Claret

Yelm, Washington, US

Kelli Kickham wrote:

Hahaha!

You know I like you. No nekkid though. wink

I see something like Victorian, with you being the queen and me being a servant or something.  You know, like the skinny people were.

I think it would rock.

You have any idea how hard it is to put together a Victorian shoot? I've been trying to for months now, but I can't afford all the stuff for it and the only photographers I've found interested in it are the ones who can't do it any justice, if you know what I mean.

I'm sure everyone would love to see you in a french maid outfit anyway. big_smile

Model

K I C K H A M

remerrill wrote:
hienvy This sounds interesting... I'm in~

I've always liked you.

Your work is strong.

I would trade on:
Headshots.

Something with this feel:
https://www.1st-art-gallery.com/thumbnail/140077/1/The-Lady-Of-Shalott-1888.jpg

I've wanted to do something like it with someone who could do it justice. You are it.

Model

K I C K H A M

Elizabeth Claret wrote:

You have any idea how hard it is to put together a Victorian shoot? I've been trying to for months now, but I can't afford all the stuff for it and the only photographers I've found interested in it are the ones who can't do it any justice, if you know what I mean.

I'm sure everyone would love to see you in a french maid outfit anyway. big_smile

I would save up money for it. I wants it!

Jan 14 10 03:49 pm Link

Model

K I C K H A M

Scott Johnson Studios wrote:

ok, me?

You are quite pleasant.
I hate folders.

The photo that is similar to your avi needs to be gone. (the other portrait style)

You have too many shots from straight on. It makes the girls look bigger than they are, and less curvy.

I want to work with you, as you know, but I still think you have technical aspects to work on.

Jan 14 10 03:53 pm Link

Model

Aly Gallagher

Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

Me please smile!

Jan 14 10 03:54 pm Link

Model

K I C K H A M

DearestGrudge Studio wrote:

people are probably scared of me based on my presence here in the critique forum...I'm a bit of a perfectionist so I tend to be a little harsh sometimes...but you tell me. smile

I'm a perfectionist and I hate people being nice to the point of lies.

I also hate (even moreso) unneeded cruelty, which runs rampant on MM.

You fall into the perfect spot of helpful, critical, but not mean.

And your work is creative. I know you won't be afraid to tell me something sucks so that we would get the perfect picture.

Yes please.

Jan 14 10 03:56 pm Link

Model

amycore

What do you think? :]

Jan 14 10 04:06 pm Link

Photographer

L Raye

Petaluma, California, US

What is your opinion?

Jan 14 10 04:08 pm Link

Photographer

remerrill

Arcata, California, US

Kelli Kickham wrote:

I've always liked you.

Your work is strong.

I would trade on:
Headshots.

Something with this feel:
http://www.1st-art-gallery.com/thumbnai … t-1888.jpg

I've wanted to do something like it with someone who could do it justice. You are it.

I have always liked you in the threads as well... partly why I jumped in this one~ smile
I would love to work with you on Lady of Shalott... and some headshots.
I hope we get the chance !!

Jan 14 10 04:19 pm Link

Model

K I C K H A M

Stormy Amaretto wrote:
Hmmm, I wonder if my profile mkaes me look like a bitch. Please let me know what you think! =]

-Stormy

Not a fan and would not work with you.

I will walk you through it so you can correct any problems you agree with. smile

Also, make sure your weight and measurements are correct. You have your measurements listed as smaller than mine, and I am pretty muscular for my size  and have my weight down as 15 lbs less than you. Yes, it's possible, but I'm just saying make sure it's accurate.

you wrote:
Hey! Thanks for visiting my profile and I hope you like what you see! My name is Stormy and began modeling about a year and have loved every minute of it. I'm looking for new projects, companies, and agencies to work with in the mean time and open for anyone who is considering to work with me. I am fun, energetic and pretty easy to get along with. I play tournament paintball, krav maga, and I used to BMX but not anymore. Along with School, I work everyweekend so my schedule is a bit pinched at this point, but, I do make time for shoots and try my best to squeeze everything in.

Take out irrelevant info. You used to BMX, but don't anymore? Just list your interests. Also, this paragraph is too long. Split it up so that people will actually be more likely to read it.

you wrote:
~GOAL~

As many photographers have heard from other teenage models, "I want to grow up to be a model!", yes I have heard it too. And yes, I am another one of those girls. Since I was young i wanted to model m=but never had a chance, now, here it is. If I could, I would love to do high fashion. Or even better, become a Victoria Secret model, that my cherubs, is my main, main goal.

m=but? Proofread woman. Otherwise no one will take you seriously. Yes, I know I have typos in the forums, but chatting is different from your profile. It is your resume.
Take out the corny quote. It does you no good. You are saying, "Yes, I am just like everyone else! All those divas and I are just alike!" That's not something to boast about. I'm sure that's not how you meant it, but your intentions mean little, it's all about the perceptions of others.

you wrote:
If you believe that you could help me fulfill my dreams by your style of photography, I am all ears and open to a lot of ideas.

Fair enough.

you wrote:
***IMPORTANT********

I only shoot TFCD/TFP, or paid. I'm very sorry to those who wish for pay, but a wise model once told me, "You pay for your shots, even if you don't like them, you're stuck with them." Thanks to her, I have lived with that quote. Plus, being 17 and having only a part time job, many of you can guess that I do not have loads of cash and won't go digging through mommy and daddy's wallet. I'm not like many other 17 year olds as you can guess =].

Your model friend isn't wise. Not by a long shot. Is she a working model?
Many of us pay for shots, and you are insulting us.
Also, we pay for the quality we want. Yes, you can get quality for trade. But if you need it quick and it wont benefit the photographer, it makes sense. You are 17, you aren't a baby. I was working full time at 16, and I never stole from my parents either. Here you insult your generation. Why? It does you no favors. It makes you look egotistical. How to correct this?

what you should say wrote:
I am open to selective TF work. Please don't message me for paid work

Bam. Fixed.

you wrote:
I also live in a 1742 colonial home that has been used for landscape photographers and model photographers that is open for use of shoots inside and out. It includes spring house, outhouse, barn (which has characteristics of what was used and left during prohibition), mini vineyard, and numerous gardens. A pond will be built shortly and a mm will be made for rent. If a photographer would like to shoot there with me or another model please contact me for details and what we can set up. Hope you all are interested!

Ah, refreshing! Good, relevant info.

Look, I can see the hints that you aren't trying to come off as you do, but this needs serious tweaking if you really want to be a model.

Now, let's move to your portfolio.

Portfolio

Ah, folders actually work in this case! Kudos to you.

Okay, in your regular photos, picture by picture (you better love me for this, because it's gonna take a while)

1. You aren't in this photo. You are a model. This doesn't make sense. If it has to do with your house, put it in the appropriate folder. If not, take it out. Common sense, girlie.

2.I don't like that his logo and the sky are brighter than your face, but overall I like the shot and you have a good, fitting expression. For now this is a definite keeper.

3. You have no expression. Zip. Nada. For fashion that can be okay, but not pin-up styled shots. I also don't like that you are wearing flats. Even with the concept, I think fitting heeled boots would have worked. Great legs here, though.

4. Ok, I am sticking to only the worst problems here and why this should be removed. No expression. If you are this bored on your wedding day (not to mention 17), I will be concerned.
His logo is horrid, as well as the border. Ew.
Your arm is too close to your face. It makes it look huge. Bigger than your head. Holding onto hooks and handles is rarely a good idea, especially near your face.

5. You are sitting there being pretty. The only good news is that you are decent at it. You need to be posing in some way. Be a character, give an expression. Move! This isn't bad, I would keep for now.

6. This picture is horrible. But only from a technical point of view. You should keep it for a while. You look happy! Not just like you are smiling, but happy!  The pose, playing with your feet, your arms, it all works. The photographer jacked it up a bit, but you did good. smile

7. A bit too cliche' and the contrast bugs me, but good scream. Keep for now.

8. This does you no favors, toss it. Immediately. The other girl has no expression, he looks old (illegal much?), and you are not super convincing, though you did the best job. The concept is ridiculous. You are fighting over him in the same bed?

9. Toes in is usually good, but if you turn them too far then you look like you have an ankle problem.  If you were wearing heels, and you toes were less contorted, it would be good. Keep for now.

10. Too cliche', no real expression. Yes, your lips are different but there is nothing in your eyes.

11. I wish your face didn't look so red, but I'm a fan. You have a character. Keep. Good work!

12. Kitten heels are oh-so cute and almost never work for modeling. I had three shoots in them before I learned my lesson. sad Also, the cropping is odd, the editing is terrible, and the logo makes me cringe. Gross. You look cute, at least.

13. Look up Kita. She is a pinup model. Pin up models are exciting, not boring (or bored). also, no more guns. Sillyness.

14. Yes! Adorable! Love.

15. Cute. I don't like the hand, and the caption makes it look like a bad myspace thing... lose that, but keep the picture.

You come off as a girl who has been told she is pretty and just wants to stand there and look pretty. You have to take chances. Go for it.

Also, you are the perfect age to be signed. You don't even have to worry about a portfolio, isn't that awesome?! Just go to an agency site, take some polaroids, and send them in! Or go to an open call. Just make sure they are legit first. If you have the passion, I think you have potential, or I would not have taken this much time for you. Good luck, hun.

Jan 14 10 04:28 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Maria T-E

London, England, United Kingdom

what about me hun!

Jan 14 10 04:28 pm Link

Model

K I C K H A M

Oriole wrote:
how about me smile

I don't know you, so it's all based on your work.

Here:
https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/100114/09/4b4f4dc76d098.jpg

You should have cleaned up the hair, and smoothed the eye makeup.

Here:
https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/100114/14/4b4f941d58b9a.jpg
Good job on general skin correction!
Those lines are pesky.

I still don't like it. I can't fault you too much for it, the picture isn't good, the earring is horrible (I would have removed it altogether), and the eyelashes aren't in the right place.
Overall you did pretty good.

I would work with you, but you need to work on the smaller details.

Jan 14 10 04:35 pm Link

Model

AndreasMb

Saint-Louis, Alsace, France

Lalala let me know, ready to suffer big_smile

Jan 14 10 04:36 pm Link

Photographer

Tom Linkens

Lititz, Pennsylvania, US

I'd fall under:

p.s.

https://sushinow.com/pics/guidepics/Sushi-Plate5.jpg

Jan 14 10 04:36 pm Link

Model

K I C K H A M

RL_11214 wrote:
Your thread is a very clever twist.

I am in.

Update your profile. The holidays are over.

I know you, and I like you a lot.

I am mad that you haven't posted pictures from the shoot with the great model yet.

You have potential, a good eye, and a great attitude and outlook.

yes, I would work with you, and mainly due to our correspondences on MM.

Jan 14 10 04:37 pm Link

Model

K I C K H A M

Liberty Press wrote:
I like the idea of this thread. Personality is often overlooked and very important. Try me on for size?

You sound stuck up. Odd, because in the quoted above section I would think the opposite.

Your whole beginning of the profile says, "I am better than everyone." You also say you have lived more than most, which makes quite a bit of assumptions.You're stronger, braver, blah blah blah.

Even if it were all true (which I doubt), it's a terrible career move. I do like that you like to push boundaries. You don't need 5 sentences on it. Trim and make yourself look personable instead of egotistical.

Hi, Miss Diva, seriously?
"You want to shoot in a location that is dangerous? Puhleez, throw yourself off a jump 30 ft into the air and then we will talk about being afraid."
And you should never use "puhleez" in a professional profile.

You can be opinionated, but watch how you come across.

I like your second paragraph.

Your portfolio is beautiful. However, after your profile, if you want to sound like an egomaniac you better have something to support it. You'd better have pictures of you braving a hurricane, posing in the middle of an avalanche, and being attacked by a lion. Oh, and do all of the above naked.

Really, though, for someone who goes on and on about taking risks, you really need something to show for it.

Jan 14 10 04:44 pm Link

Model

K I C K H A M

Alycia Gallagher wrote:
Me please smile!

If I were a boy, I would propose to you.

Seriously.

bunny

Jan 14 10 04:48 pm Link

Model

Kat Manning

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Kelli Kickham wrote:

Stormy Amaretto wrote:
Hmmm, I wonder if my profile mkaes me look like a bitch. Please let me know what you think! =]

-Stormy

Wowwieeee That was a lot to go through! I greatly appreciate your ideas on changing my profile. Looking it over, you pretty much covered much of what I question about have in my port and have opened my eyes!

Well, though you're not a fan, I hope someday maybe you will be!

Best of luck in 2010,

Stormy

Jan 14 10 04:49 pm Link

Model

K I C K H A M

amycore wrote:
What do you think? :]

Hi cutie! In forums I like you. smile

You have a sideways picture in your modeling portfolio. Completely unacceptable.

You have outgrown the zombie shot.

You are doing good! Keep working at it, I would definitely shoot with you (me photographing).

Jan 14 10 04:50 pm Link

Model

Nicole Michelle

Albany, New York, US

What is your opinion on me? big_smile

Jan 14 10 04:51 pm Link

Photographer

Accidental Plateau

Brooklyn, New York, US

Kelli Kickham wrote:

Update your profile. The holidays are over.

I know you, and I like you a lot.

I am mad that you haven't posted pictures from the shoot with the great model yet.

You have potential, a good eye, and a great attitude and outlook.

yes, I would work with you, and mainly due to our correspondences on MM.

Thank you.

I did take the happy hollidays part away, I am going away for the weekend and starting a class. But I do need to clean up my profile and portfolio.

Every model who ever shot with me was a great model....

I was waiting to get her OK to use the pictures in my profile.

wink

Jan 14 10 04:52 pm Link

Model

K I C K H A M

L Raye wrote:
What is your opinion?

I like you! smile

Your avi doesn't make me want to click. It makes her chest look long and I don't like the chin shadow.
Everything else is amazing.

I wouldn't work with you because you only shoot teh nekkid ladies. I would urge any nude models to find a way to work with you.

Jan 14 10 04:56 pm Link

Model

Mizz Amanda Marie

Valparaiso, Indiana, US

OOOOH, tell me tell me!

Jan 14 10 05:02 pm Link

Model

K I C K H A M

Maria T-Eweka wrote:
what about me hun!

Ew. Remove the crappy snapshots. Your profile makes you look professional and personable. Your work is top notch. If I were near you, I would take advantage.

Get some more shoots under your belt. You have the talent.

Jan 14 10 05:04 pm Link

Model

Goodbye4

ooh i like this! how about me?

Jan 14 10 05:06 pm Link

Model

K I C K H A M

XSilkX wrote:
Lalala let me know, ready to suffer big_smile

Yep, I like you. I like your work. Your avi could be stronger. Ive never been a huge fan, it pales in comparison with some of your stuff.

I like your attitude, and would love to model with you.

Jan 14 10 05:06 pm Link

Model

K I C K H A M

Tom Linkens wrote:
I'd fall under:

Know you and like you. smile

Sometimes your lighting is less than ideal though. I would like to see more consistency.

Jan 14 10 05:08 pm Link

Photographer

Nadirah B

tongue

Jan 14 10 05:09 pm Link

Photographer

retiring

Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom

Do mine too please. Like your honest crit so far. smile

Jan 14 10 05:10 pm Link

Model

K I C K H A M

Nicole M Berg wrote:
What is your opinion on me? big_smile

I like your profile.

Be more expressive with your eyes. Most of your photos don't really stand out to me.

This is terribly edited and makes it look like you may have crappy skin:

https://modelmayhm-4.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/100112/21/4b4d5c18c2427_m.jpg Lose it.

Yes, I would work with you.

Photographer

Art Of Imaging

Brooklyn, New York, US

i can haz? big_smile

borat

Model

AndreasMb

Saint-Louis, Alsace, France

Kelli Kickham wrote:

Yep, I like you. I like your work. Your avi could be stronger. Ive never been a huge fan, it pales in comparison with some of your stuff.

I like your attitude, and would love to model with you.

hehe i'm heading in this direction soon! thank you big_smile  i'll do my best to get better and better!

Jan 14 10 05:11 pm Link

Model

K I C K H A M

Mizz Amanda Marie wrote:
OOOOH, tell me tell me!

Jan 14 10 05:12 pm Link

Photographer

Danger Ninja

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

haha go for it, i like the concept and we haven't spoken but i'm curious what you think

Jan 14 10 05:13 pm Link

Model

B R E N N A N

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

me please smile
*cringes

Jan 14 10 05:14 pm Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

My mom helped me write my bio  .  .  .  wink

SOS