Forums > Newbie Forum > Hello Hello From vegas

Photographer

Aggrofish

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Whats going on people? I'm going to ask a question and I'll probably sound like that GWC or whatever you cats say about amateurs like me with a camera.

First, yeah pics aren't of a professional level, I'm a noob I get that.

But the question is this: I'm I crazy for thinking that I might be able to get some practice in with some of these models looking for TFP? I mean whats the worst that can happen they suck and can't use them?

Nov 20 17 05:25 pm Link

Photographer

Nor-Cal Photography

Walnut Creek, California, US

Aggrofish wrote:
But the question is this: I'm I crazy for thinking that I might be able to get some practice in with some of these models looking for TFP? I mean whats the worst that can happen they suck and can't use them?

For a TP shoot you will only get models who are of the same ability level as you.

Nov 20 17 09:25 pm Link

Photographer

Aggrofish

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Nor-Cal Photography wrote:

For a TP shoot you will only get models who are of the same ability level as you.

I expected that which is why I'm contacting those with selfies or just really bad pictures and experience set at "none."

Nov 20 17 09:29 pm Link

Photographer

First Life Photography

Plymouth, England, United Kingdom

Hello and Welcome to MM. smile

Basically, the better your portfolio gets, the easier it is to work with models who have equally impressive portfolio's.

It might be a good idea to bite the bullet and hire a model with some experience. She will help you build confidence in your own ability and give you better quality shots. This can be useful, to help get you started.

Also, keep your eye out for local casting calls and apply for any that interest you. Maybe create one yourself too!

Anyway, good luck to you! smile

Nov 20 17 09:48 pm Link

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Nor-Cal Photography wrote:

Aggrofish wrote:
I expected that which is why I'm contacting those with selfies or just really bad pictures and experience set at "none."

Sadly the local models that have selfies and really bad photos aren't models and never will be models.  God and them only know why they're on MM at all. 

I know this for a fact because I've contacted a few of them and I know other qualified photographers that contacted them and they never reply... yet have the same old bad pictures and selfies posted for months and months, years and years.

MM has been prohibiting ANY selfies from appearing on model portfolios for a couple of years to help combat that problem.  Unfortunately it's not effective enough.

My suggestion is to join in on one of the group shoots or workshops in the area.  Several different photography groups on Meetup.com have them every now and then.

Nov 21 17 11:05 am Link

Photographer

Aggrofish

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

SayCheeZ!  wrote:
Sadly the local models that have selfies and really bad photos aren't models and never will be models.  God and them only know why they're on MM at all. 

I know this for a fact because I've contacted a few of them and I know other qualified photographers that contacted them and they never reply... yet have the same old bad pictures and selfies posted for months and months, years and years.

MM has been prohibiting ANY selfies from appearing on model portfolios for a couple of years to help combat that problem.  Unfortunately it's not effective enough.

My suggestion is to join in on one of the group shoots or workshops in the area.  Several different photography groups on Meetup.com have them every now and then.

Thanks. I'll continue to search on CL I guess. A workshop sounds like a good idea.

and thanks for the welcome @First Life Photography (haven't figured out the multi quote yet)

Nov 21 17 01:06 pm Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Rancho Cucamonga, California, US

SayCheeZ!  wrote:
God and them only know why they're on MM at all.

This is seriously comical... coming off the keyboard of 'a gatekeeper'... lol

Nov 21 17 01:09 pm Link