Forums > Newbie Forum > Maternity modeling

Model

ItsAleeyah

Columbus, Ohio, US

Since I could remember trying to be in the modeling industry has always been hard for me either I'm too short or my weight is too much .. I've always had a passion for modeling but now I'm 21 still trying to pursue a great journey behind the camera and I can't seem to find my direction for someone to notice me. I'm currently 21 weeks pregnant with my first child I would love to start into maternity modeling maybe that might help my window of opportunities in the near future after I have my child as well. If I can get any resources or connections to stir me in the right direction I would deeply appreciate it! smile

Aug 12 17 09:31 am Link

Photographer

First Life Photography

Plymouth, England, United Kingdom

Firstly Congratulations!

I wish you good luck and hope all goes smoothly! smile

Aug 12 17 09:50 pm Link

Model

MatureModelMM

Detroit, Michigan, US

Most maternity work you will find with photographers and artists on MM is nude, but your profile says you don't do that sort of modelling. If you would be comfortable posing with your clothes off it's worth posting an availability notice. Some may have implied poses in mind where you are covered in sheer draping material, or standing or seated in poses which aren't too revealing. They need to see the changing shape of your body, which is the basis for maternity shots. Finding clothed maternity work may be much more difficult since most of that would be done for advertising and the midwest isn't likely to have very many opportunities along those lines.

You might want to check with local art groups, who love to draw and paint pregnant models, as a place to start. They don't pay as much as photographers but are always very respectful of the models who work with them.

When I was pregnant at age 39 I was invited to attend the photo day at a nudist resort. Since I had already posed unclothed many times before I became pregnant, I took the opportunity as something unique that not many models had done. I walked around naked for several hours and was photographed by nearly everyone there, I wasn't keeping count but it's likely that as many as 200 photographers took my picture that afternoon.

Aug 14 17 06:27 am Link

Photographer

myfotographer

Fresno, California, US

MatureModelMM wrote:
Most maternity work you will find with photographers and artists on MM is nude, but your profile says you don't do that sort of modelling. If you would be comfortable posing with your clothes off it's worth posting an availability notice. Some may have implied poses in mind where you are covered in sheer draping material, or standing or seated in poses which aren't too revealing. They need to see the changing shape of your body, which is the basis for maternity shots. Finding clothed maternity work may be much more difficult since most of that would be done for advertising and the midwest isn't likely to have very many opportunities along those lines.

This is very accurate advice. Not only do you have nudes set to no, but you don't have lingerie selected either. You do swimwear, Swimwear is often more revealing than lingerie. I happen to think that females are never more beautiful than they are while pregnant. I love maternity work. I shoot for my self and thus the models that I seek our are at a minimum comfortable with bare belly to at least some form of lingerie in order to show shapes and curves and a more intimate connection between the mother and her baby.

Feel free to check out my maternity work - nude and non nude. Some images are listed and you can check the lists for more samples. Maybe you can find stuff you would - wouldn't be comfortable with.

I do shoot select fully clothed maternity. I did it last night for a model that sought me out. I shoot paying maternity clients however they want. Trade or paid models are shoot as shown in my portfolio.

Some models set conservative limits for a number of reasons - family - work - etc, but do shoot beyond stated limits selectively.

I noticed you found the maternity database and posted there. You might want to post your own availability notice with details of what you are looking to create. Respond to local casting calls. Search talented local photographers and reach out to them directly with a detailed message.

I wish you the best in your search.

Nov 12 17 09:09 am Link