Forums > Newbie Forum > New Guy Aloha

Model

Dan Jo

Prescott, Arizona, US

Hello!

This is my respectful introduction to the community.

I do have a pressing question, and am happy this newbie forum suggests asking a question to its members.

Background/Situation (yes, I'm still military lingo at times!) I've done small skits on an online TV venture, and will do another video series in Asia in near future. I myself am relocating my business (and will form a 2nd) to South Florida. 99.9 precent of what I want to do to be profitable - will not be me on the camera, it'll be someone else.

Question: How can I form - online friendships - with persons I'd like to model my (hoped to launch!) products - way down the line. I DONT+ want to ever be misleading or leading, but do want contacts. I believe in making early connections and hoping and planning for the best. (my Asia gig is 5 years in making!!).

I'll be new (after 2 decades absence) in South Florida, and will be working and designing in both jewelry and outdoor adventure type industries. Two totally separate ventures.

Any advice, insight, forum friendship - anything appreciated and much respected!!   Hey, best wishes to all (except trolls) Cheers, Dan - my real name! smile

Sep 26 16 08:35 pm Link

Photographer

ChadAlan

Los Angeles, California, US

Dan Jo wrote:
Hello!

This is my respectful introduction to the community.

I do have a pressing question, and am happy this newbie forum suggests asking a question to its members.

Background/Situation (yes, I'm still military lingo at times!) I've done small skits on an online TV venture, and will do another video series in Asia in near future. I myself am relocating my business (and will form a 2nd) to South Florida. 99.9 precent of what I want to do to be profitable - will not be me on the camera, it'll be someone else.

Question: How can I form - online friendships - with persons I'd like to model my (hoped to launch!) products - way down the line. I DONT+ want to ever be misleading or leading, but do want contacts. I believe in making early connections and hoping and planning for the best. (my Asia gig is 5 years in making!!).

I'll be new (after 2 decades absence) in South Florida, and will be working and designing in both jewelry and outdoor adventure type industries. Two totally separate ventures.

Any advice, insight, forum friendship - anything appreciated and much respected!!   Hey, best wishes to all (except trolls) Cheers, Dan - my real name! smile

Hey Dan,

All I can say is, you just never know.

I've been referred for gigs by people I've collaborated with. And a few people I've collaborated with have come back and paid me for shoots. I'll get occasional referrals from people I've connected with on Instagram and sometimes Facebook, and I'm often surprised to hear that I was referred by someone in my past  with whom I haven't had contact with for a long time.

Makeup artists and stylists are great to connect with. They work with lots of talent, and tend to remember the positive people they've worked with.

I don't think you should wait to start making connections, but realize that models may lose interest quickly if the opportunity takes too long to materialize. I'm sure some of your current friends will help spread the word when the time is right.

I don't think you'd have any trouble generating fresh interest, especially of your opportunities are paid.

Sep 26 16 09:33 pm Link

Photographer

First Life Photography

Plymouth, England, United Kingdom

Hello and Welcome to MM. smile

Sep 27 16 05:03 am Link