Forums > Newbie Forum > why does it take so long

Photographer

photosbyneil

London, England, United Kingdom

a model i encouraged to join MM has had his profile in the approval queue for TWO weeks. why shud he stay with MM when u take so long to approve him? his port is Robert Denison

Jul 15 16 09:24 am Link

Photographer

Paolo D Photography

San Francisco, California, US

Did he click submit when he was done creating it?
Some people forget.
Did he follow all the rules?

There's a lot of people that want to join.
Gatekeepers have to research each profile submission and check it against scammers and fakes.

Good things come to those who wait.
Surprise there's actually standards!

Jul 15 16 09:37 am Link

Photographer

FIFTYONE PHOTOGRAPHY

Uniontown, Pennsylvania, US

There's a forum specifically for pissing and moaning  - https://www.modelmayhem.com/forums/thread/4

Jul 17 16 08:24 am Link

Photographer

Thomas Van Dyke

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Neil as mentioned this really isn't the appropriate venue to express your concerns...

Also as Paolo mentioned Gatekeepers are bound by a rather rigid set of parameters...
If the talent in question didn't meet those criteria they will likely be notified why so that they may resubmit with more germane information and imagery...

Mayhem is constantly targeted by those who would prey on naive talent...
Winnowing and ferreting out entities who do not have Mayhem members best interest at heart is a seemingly endless and yes thankless task... Sadly a few lower forms always manage to slip through the vetting process...

To this end a profile many make numerous passes through the gatekeeper system...
In the end to error on the side of caution is germane... and for compelling reasons...

Hope this helps but please use the  Site Related Forum instead of the Newbie Forum for issue like this...
Thank you for your thoughtful consideration...

Jul 17 16 03:12 pm Link

Photographer

Rob Photosby

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

photosbyneil wrote:
a model i encouraged to join MM has had his profile in the approval queue for TWO weeks. why shud he stay with MM when u take so long to approve him? his port is Robert Denison

Is this your friend? https://www.modelmayhem.com/3953371  If it is, he was approved about the same time as you made your post.

I am a gatekeeper and I just checked the queue.

It is currently processing applicants who submitted on July 15th, so the lag is only a couple of days, which is both normal and acceptable.  However, gatekeeping relies entirely on voluntary labour, so the queue can blow out at times.

Jul 18 16 06:44 pm Link

Photographer

Paolo D Photography

San Francisco, California, US

Rob Photosby wrote:
However, gatekeeping relies entirely on voluntary labour.

they pay me in "attaboys".

Jul 18 16 07:11 pm Link