Forums > Newbie Forum > Hey everyone! Is this a scam?

Model

DivaliciousToy

Evansville, Indiana, US

Has anyone else received an email like this or even an email from this person?

Jones Carl <[email protected]>  Today at 3:56 PM
To   
[email protected]
Message body
Good-day,
I am Jones Carl I represent the Beauty links Modeling Company in London and United States,i was browsing through the model-mayhem website when i actually found your attracting portfolio.Congratulations ! your portfolio has been selected for a bill-board advert ( World Gallery Arts) that will be mounted soon @ heath-row Airport in London. So all we need is your approval to enable us process your payment, no commission, no overhead costs. you just get paid for your pictures right away,so if
your interested i await your swift response. And you can email me directly to my personal email ----- [email protected]
NB -- I would like to inform you that if you get any similar email like this,be rest assured that he or she is a representative of our company.So you can just contact me directly, because i will be in charge of the billboard contract with you. Be rest assured that the shoot will be taken place @ your location.
Regards,
Jones Carl

May 05 16 04:52 pm Link

Photographer

J-PhotoArt

San Francisco, California, US

Of course it is a scam!  You might want to read the information at the following link:

https://www.modelmayhem.com/education/u … the-basics

May 05 16 04:58 pm Link

Model

DivaliciousToy

Evansville, Indiana, US

J-PhotoArt wrote:
Of course it is a scam!  You might want to read the information at the following link:

https://www.modelmayhem.com/education/u … the-basics

I figured that much. That's why I put it on here for others to see. I'm new to all this. Thanks for the info..

May 05 16 05:31 pm Link

Photographer

Top Gun Digital

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Of course it's a scam.  A company in England is not going to randomly pick a model from Model Mayhem that lives in Indiana to use in an ad campaign in England.  If you had responded they would probably ask for a lot of personal info and then tell you they are sending you a check and you are to cash the check and keep part of the money for yourself and forward the rest to someone else.  A couple of days after you cash the check and forward the money your bank would notify you that the check had bounced and you would lose whatever money you had forwarded.

May 05 16 05:54 pm Link

Photographer

Aaron Lewis Photography

Catskill, New York, US

You're 5' 2", you have little to no experience and your portfolio consist of 4 headshots and a snapshot. You tell me.

May 05 16 07:00 pm Link

Photographer

Brooklyn Bridge Images

Brooklyn, New York, US

OP please read this
New Models:Learn about scams
https://www.modelmayhem.com/forums/post/575330

May 05 16 07:00 pm Link

Photographer

Nor-Cal Photography

Walnut Creek, California, US

Remove your e-mail from your portfolio or you will get more of this rubbage.

Best wishes!

smile

May 05 16 10:16 pm Link

Photographer

DarkSlide

Alexandria, Virginia, US

That email is hilarious.

May 05 16 10:31 pm Link

Photographer

First Life Photography

Plymouth, England, United Kingdom

The first clue that it is a scam, apart from the bad grammar, is the fact they come from England, but don't know its called Heathrow Airport, not Heath-row! big_smile

Anyway, well spotted and good luck to you! smile

May 05 16 11:14 pm Link

Model

Dipty

Mumbai, Maharashtra, India

It is a scam, the cheque will definitely bounce and you will lose your money in case you have forwarded it to some one they have recommended. Beware !

May 09 16 09:11 am Link

Model

Cherie Noel

Los Angeles, California, US

I received the same email. Its a Scam and when you ask them a bunch of questions they don't give you full answers. If you are ever unsure with a scam email the person back letting them know that you have an agency and that you have to go through them and offer them an email where they can contact them. "Even if you don't have a agent" this will most likely scare them away. Hope this helps smile

Sep 23 16 10:55 am Link

Photographer

Flex Photography

Sudbury, Ontario, Canada

Don't answer them at all! If you do, they have your email and so will many others.

Sep 23 16 11:01 am Link

Photographer

Risen Phoenix Photo

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

Never email them and yes it is a huge scam. They don't even know English as a language.

A model I worked with in MN fell for a similar scam and her bank got her for passing a bad check. Closed her account, closed her fathers account and forced all balances on her credit card to be due immediately .

Sep 23 16 11:22 am Link