Forums > Newbie Forum > Emails such as Yahoo

Photographer

QPLLC

Tampa, Florida, US

I take offense Chaya Phally implications that only scammers use Emails such as Yahoo or Gmail. Not all of us are industry recognized photographers. Some of us work at the local level and although may not be widely known we are still honorable people. 
Some of her points are legitimate but I have to call bullshot on this. Since my Verizon Email was hacked years ago a Yahoo address is ALL I use.
Bryan Quinn
MM# 44502 Member since 2005

Feb 14 16 08:11 am Link

Photographer

Rays Fine Art

New York, New York, US

What post/comment are you referring to?  Where did you see it? It's kinda hard for the rest of us to understand your response if we don't know what you're responding to!

All IMHO as always, of course.

Feb 14 16 12:32 pm Link

Photographer

Brooklyn Bridge Images

Brooklyn, New York, US

I think you misunderstand
If you get a message from somebody claiming to work for a multinational company that uses free e-mail address...I agree something stinks
From a non commercial entity or super small company its acceptable

Feb 14 16 01:47 pm Link

Photographer

Abbitt Photography

Washington, Utah, US

For many years yahoo business solutions offered small business web hosting services and email to many, many small businesses as well as individuals.   Obviously the vast majority are not scammers.

Feb 14 16 04:10 pm Link

Photographer

RTE Photography

NORTH HOLLYWOOD, California, US

Because my MM account has been hijacked a couple of times, I had to create a gmail account in order to get my MM account operational again. Pissed me off greatly, I hate having multiple email accounts. I would rather have only one or two, but I was forced to have more.

Feb 14 16 04:35 pm Link

Photographer

RTE Photography

NORTH HOLLYWOOD, California, US

Because my MM account has been hijacked a couple of times, I had to create a gmail account in order to get my MM account operational again. Pissed me off greatly, I hate having multiple email accounts. I would rather have only one or two, but I was forced to have more.

Feb 14 16 04:35 pm Link

Photographer

Flex Photography

Sudbury, Ontario, Canada

RTE Photography wrote:

But you're fine with double-posting here.

Feb 14 16 04:46 pm Link

Photographer

QPLLC

Tampa, Florida, US

Brooklyn Bridge Images wrote:
I think you misunderstand
If you get a message from somebody claiming to work for a multinational company that uses free e-mail address...I agree something stinks
From a non commercial entity or super small company its acceptable

My point exactly...If I misunderstood it (and I've been around for a little while) then certainly a newbie will misunderstand also.

Feb 16 16 04:53 am Link

Photographer

QPLLC

Tampa, Florida, US

Rays Fine Art wrote:
What post/comment are you referring to?  Where did you see it? It's kinda hard for the rest of us to understand your response if we don't know what you're responding to!

All IMHO as always, of course.

Sorry I should have been a little more detailed. It's in the "New model learn about scams" thread. By Chaya Phally.

Feb 16 16 04:56 am Link