Saint Paul, Minnesota, US

Photoshop will be awesome on this.

Mar 07 12 11:03 am Link

Photographer

A_Nova_Photography

Winston-Salem, North Carolina, US

Quang Dang wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/cvpliv … cvpstream2

Can't watch it, I'm mobile on my iPad 2, lol....

Mar 07 12 11:05 am Link

Photographer

Quang Dang

Montreal, Quebec, Canada

ACPhotography wrote:
Can't watch it, I'm mobile on my iPad 2, lol....

LOL!!

OMG!! how can U miss something LIVE man!!!
the new iPad is KICKING ASS to any others competitions! (but of course the others are just clone and will copy it after...)

Mar 07 12 11:07 am Link

Photographer

Dark Shadows

Miami, Florida, US

The iPad 3 definitely is huge for photographers. I want one.

Mar 07 12 11:09 am Link

Photographer

Tony Lawrence

Chicago, Illinois, US

I predict the iPad HD will outsell the iPad 1 and 2 combined.   This will be a game changer.

Mar 07 12 11:10 am Link

Photographer

Quang Dang

Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Dark Shadows wrote:

+1

Hell yeah!! I want it so BAD tongue

Mar 07 12 11:10 am Link

Photographer

A_Nova_Photography

Winston-Salem, North Carolina, US

Quang Dang wrote:

LOL!!

OMG!! how can U miss something LIVE man!!!
the new iPad is KICKING ASS to any others competitions! (but of course the others are just clone and will copy it after...)

I'll see the new features when I'm back at a computer, I wasn't planning to upgrade my 1 to a 2 till my daughter got a hold of it and broke the screen.

Mar 07 12 11:12 am Link

Photographer

Quang Dang

Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Whoever owning iPad 1 or 2, Samsung, Blackberry Playbook (which sucks btw), Sony or any others clones should think to sell them and buy this one tongue

Just a thought!

Mar 07 12 11:12 am Link

Photographer

Dark Shadows

Miami, Florida, US

Tony Lawrence wrote:
I predict the iPad HD will outsell the iPad 1 and 2 combined.   This will be a game changer.

I agree. The floodgates are about to open.

Mar 07 12 11:13 am Link

Photographer

Dan K Photography

STATEN ISLAND, New York, US

I have not seen anything about the IPAD 3 but damn are you guys  hyping it up. I can't even imagine what it could have to make you guys so excited.

Mar 07 12 11:15 am Link

Photographer

Quang Dang

Montreal, Quebec, Canada

holy shit! the new iPad deliver 10hour battery life power

Starting at $499 (16gb) same price as iPad 2 WOW!!

Available at March 16th in store... I FREAKIN' WANT right now Pre-order LOL!

Mar 07 12 11:16 am Link

Photographer

Chris McDuffie

Imagine if Canon sold the 5d MK III at the same price as the MK II. Apple is genius.

Mar 07 12 11:17 am Link

Photographer

Karl Blessing

Caledonia, Michigan, US

Why is this in photography talk though?

Mar 07 12 11:18 am Link

Photographer

Karl Blessing

Caledonia, Michigan, US

Quang Dang wrote:
holy shit! the new iPad deliver 10hour battery life power

Starting at $499 (16gb) same price as iPad 2 WOW!!

Available at March 16th in store... I FREAKIN' WANT right now Pre-order LOL!

They've almost always done this, the price is either a match to the predecessor or a lil cheaper for the equivalent capacity, which usually means the remaining stock of the predecessor being knocked off by 50 to 100$ (but most apple lovers will hold out for the newest, guess the same is true of new cameras but the old ones don't drastically drop in price).

Mar 07 12 11:19 am Link

Photographer

Quang Dang

Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Chris McDuffie wrote:
Imagine if Canon sold the 5d MK III at the same price as the MK II. Apple is genius.

+1

I think Canon 5dMKIII made a big mistake of raising their price. They don't think smart enough, probably a failure comparing to Nikon D800E...

Can you imagine all the amazing details of a photo in this new iPAD??

Mar 07 12 11:20 am Link

Photographer

Tony Lawrence

Chicago, Illinois, US

I just called Apple.   They said once the event ends they will know when the stores will get them.   Some sites are saying March 16th.   Get your $500.00 or more ready guys!

Mar 07 12 11:21 am Link

Photographer

Quang Dang

Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Chris McDuffie wrote:
Photoshop will be awesome on this.

+1

No doubt about it!

Mar 07 12 11:23 am Link

Photographer

Quang Dang

Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Dark Shadows wrote:

borat

Mar 07 12 11:24 am Link

Photographer

Llobet Photography

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

Dark Shadows wrote:

I just saw this post and watching the live feed.  Why is this game changer for photographers?

Mar 07 12 11:26 am Link

Photographer

Karl Blessing

Caledonia, Michigan, US

BlueMoonPics wrote:
I just saw this post and watching the live feed.  Why is this game changer for photographers?

Portfolio on large Retina Display... nuff said.

Mar 07 12 11:30 am Link

Photographer

Dan K Photography

here is an ongoing writeup of the IPAD 3

http://gizmodo.com/5891158/new-ipad-hd- … generation

Its seems nice and the most powerful pad to date but it is clear who here has drunk enough of the apple koolaid.

Mar 07 12 11:31 am Link

Photographer

P O T T S

Lake City, Florida, US

I have a 1, and my wife has a 2. So I am not anti-iPad.

The resolution will now catch up to their competitors. The Android market is now outpacing the iOS market. They have not come up with a game changer, unless you are an apple only person. They have come up with an update. The iPad was a game changer. This is an update to a good product.

I would watch for the next wave of Android tablets to get really good. I switched to an Android phone and would never go have an iPhone now.

Mar 07 12 11:32 am Link

Photographer

Llobet Photography

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

Karl Blessing wrote:

Thanks Karl!
I'm still on the fence about all these toys.  But I'd like to shoot and show the model (and me) how the pictures are coming along on a larger screen than the one behind the camera.  I have heard you can shoot tethered wirelessly to an iPad but I would rather connect a cable directly for greater speed.  Anyone know if this is possible with iPad or other similar devices?

Mar 07 12 11:37 am Link

Photographer

Tony Lawrence

Chicago, Illinois, US

BlueMoonPics wrote:

The new screen.  Why buy a Android tablet which will be close to or more then $500.00 when you can have this.   I looked at your work.   You want this.   Trust me we all should and I own Android pads and the first iPad.

Mar 07 12 11:37 am Link

Photographer

sublime LightWorks

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Now, if Canon would just come out with a freakin' SDK for iOS5 so we can stop having to use a damn PC or laptop in the mix to remote control or bounce images shot to the iPad.....

Here's hoping.  Regardless, I have a iPad2 and will be ordering an iPad3 as soon as the Apple Store gets back up and running.

Mar 07 12 11:38 am Link

Photographer

Quang Dang

Montreal, Quebec, Canada

BlueMoonPics wrote:
Thanks Karl!
I'm still on the fence about all these toys.  But I'd like to shoot and show the model (and me) how the pictures are coming along on a larger screen than the one behind the camera.  I have heard you can shoot tethered wirelessly to an iPad but I would rather connect a cable directly for greater speed.  Anyone know if this is possible with iPad or other similar devices?

If you're still watching it, it's actually show and explaining to us how the new iPad is so handy for photographers. I believe they will mention the tethered wireless option later on...

Mar 07 12 11:41 am Link

Photographer

sublime LightWorks

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Tony Lawrence wrote:

The new screen.  Why buy a Android tablet which will be close to or more then $500.00 when you can have this.   I looked at your work.   You want this.   Trust me we all should and I own Android pads and the first iPad.

Bingo....if you bounce your images to the iPad by Wifi or using the camera connection kit, your ability to preview and review on location, or in your studio goes up by a factor of 10x......

I've used my iPad2 for that purpose since the day I got it.  Now, with the Retina display, I can use it to fine tune live view focus very accurately, and review my images shot on location that much better.  Put it in a mount on your tripod and dump the laptop.  I still tether wireless to a main system in studio for LR review and auto sync to my server, but for close at hand review and focus, the iPad is the way to go.

Mar 07 12 11:43 am Link

Photographer

Dan K Photography

sublime LightWorks wrote:
Now, if Canon would just come out with a freakin' SDK for iOS5 so we can stop having to use a damn PC or laptop in the mix to remote control or bounce images shot to the iPad.....

Here's hoping.  Regardless, I have a iPad2 and will be ordering an iPad3 as soon as the Apple Store gets back up and running.

Would be cool to be able to tether to a pad and if you can save to an external card. Now that with the high resolution display would be great.

Mar 07 12 11:43 am Link

Photographer

Neil Snape

Paris, Île-de-France, France

My wife bought me an iPad 2 for my birthday in Jan. I returned it, as I knew this was worth waiting for.

The resolution increase is great for showing portfolio pix.

Mar 07 12 11:44 am Link

Photographer

Dan K Photography

Quang Dang wrote:

If you're still watching it, it's actually show and explaining to us how the new iPad is so handy for photographers. Of course tethered option too...

Can't watch it. There is a tethered option. that is cool.

Photographer

Chris McDuffie

BlueMoonPics wrote:

Thanks Karl!

I have the 1st gen ipad, and it has replaced my laptop on shoots. I hot swap cf cards with a card reader and models/clients love to swipe through photos and really get immersed. Portfolio is a great app for showcasing stills and video all in one place, and it looks gorgeous. I can't imagine how much better they'll look on the updated device.

Photographer

sublime LightWorks

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Apple has just said iPad 2 is staying around. $399 now for the 16GB Wi-Fi model.  That's a nice deal too.

According to the feed:

11:02 Demos of new Apple apps continue. Now about iPhoto. Some pretty impressive things that you can do right from the iPad. A guy is working on photos captured by a Nikon D300S. That camera kit stays relevant.

11:08 And the photo editing demo still continues. Definitely very powerful, but we're suffering from "new hardware details" withdrawal.

Will have to check out that iPhoto app.....

Mar 07 12 11:46 am Link

Photographer

Quang Dang

Montreal, Quebec, Canada

For those of you that can't watch it, they are explaining (demo) how is really handy to retouch a photo using new iPad. WoW! Apple is really raising the bar high now! borat

Mar 07 12 11:50 am Link

Photographer

SillyEddy

Coventry, England, United Kingdom

Karl Blessing wrote:

It has a camera built in?

I tried to watch the live feed, but it 'timed out' instantly. Other live feeds were people talking endlessly about irrelevant things.

I didn't like the iPad, I wasn't fussed about the iPad 2. The features from the iPad 3 sound good, but there's no way in hell I'm going to spend that much money, and then buy a phone contract to go with it. Also, 4G is pretty much non-existant over here as it is.

I'm still looking towards Android devices.

Mar 07 12 11:55 am Link

Photographer

Quang Dang

Montreal, Quebec, Canada

SillyEddy wrote:

It has a camera built in?

I tried to watch the live feed, but it 'timed out' instantly. Other live feeds were people talking endlessly about irrelevant things.

I didn't like the iPad, I wasn't fussed about the iPad 2. The features from the iPad 3 sound good, but there's no way in hell I'm going to spend that much money, and then buy a phone contract to go with it. Also, 4G is pretty much non-existant over here as it is.

I'm still looking towards Android devices.

Depending what is your needs but honestly you don't need 4G in iPad. What's matter to me are photos, tethered wireless, able to do some simple retouch, show to clients while shooting instead of small camera screen, reading articles, etc. (But I don't buy it to spend my time playing games on it...)

Mar 07 12 12:01 pm Link

Photographer

Quang Dang

Montreal, Quebec, Canada

R E V O L U T I O N A R Y
the new iPAD

http://www.apple.com/

Mar 07 12 12:04 pm Link

Photographer

SillyEddy

Coventry, England, United Kingdom

Quang Dang wrote:
Depending what is your needs but honestly you don't need 4G in iPad. What's matter to me are photos, tethered wireless, able to do some simple retouch, show to clients while shooting instead of small camera screen, reading articles, etc. (But I don't buy it to spend my time playing games on it...)

I will admit, the high resolution screen and quality of tracking that Apple put in their devices would make it very good for editing.

I'd still be tempted to take a laptop along and tether to that though... I'd be able to get much more power out of it, and be able to drag and drop between my external hard drive, so that I could immediately go and edit it back on my main desktop.

Mar 07 12 12:05 pm Link

Photographer

Connor Photography

Newark, Delaware, US

I will get one.  I don't know if AT&T or Verizon will grandfather the unlimited 4G data package for me.  All our iPhone and Android have unlimited data package deal.   

Anyone know?

Mar 07 12 12:21 pm Link

Photographer

AVD AlphaDuctions

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Karl Blessing wrote:

some dude named Karl answered this

Karl Blessing wrote:

Mar 07 12 12:26 pm Link