Forums > General Industry > PMS Hormones in Modeling - The Attitude

Photographer

EL PIC

Austin, Indiana, US

I have shot models for over 30 years.
When I look back at the 70's ... what has changed ??

Some slight difference in Equip and a BIG change in Attitude.
This appears to be correlated with the increase in food hormones.
Girls and Guys now grow naughty parts {Monty P. term} at earlier age. Must be the Growth Hormones in Chicken and Beef they use to sell more and faster. Unnatural Male and Female enhancement.
PMS also runs amuck and bet they become more intense w these hormones. Pervs were almost unheard of in the 70's.

We are what we eat.
Eat organic and natural else its Hormone and Global Warming Futures.

Do vegie Models and Photogs work smoother tham the meat eaters?

EL

Sep 03 06 08:48 am Link

Photographer

New York, New York, US

EL wrote:
Do vegie Models and Photogs work smoother tham the meat eaters?
EL

YES!! i think they do!! smile  haha, i never thought i would get asked this question, but im a vege, and im as calm as ever,.....i even have clients, and models, and celebs comment to me all the time about how calm and fun my sets are to be on, and how nothing [much] stresses me out......and the reason i became a vege many years ago is all the reading i did on the crap they fill up the animals with, and i steered clear of meat ever since....
and i know many vege models, and i have tlo say, now that i think about who they are, they are [some of] the calmest of the lot.

for a model.....its one thing to have attitude you can turn on if you want, and quite another to not be able to turn it off. for a photographer, an attitude is one more barrier you have against u...

Sep 03 06 09:01 am Link

Model

Mz Machina

Chicago, Illinois, US

I eat hormone free meat .. or free range .. clear of antibiotics as well...
I eat as organic and pesticide free as i possibly can ....
Unfortunately the organic trade experienced a serious blow recently, allowing 10 percent of the average pesticide,gmo or hormone into foods and still allowing it to be labelled Organic.... thus "Organic labels are popping up everywhere when it's really not...
I could be wrong about the Gmo part of that ... anyone concerned can go to the Organic Consumers web page...
This is becase reps from kellogs and monsanto(?) I beleive recently got onto the board... this goes against the organic trade act ... but no one seems to care ...
Eating organic tastes better and dramatically changed my life ... supporting organic farmars and non corporate farms makes me feel pretty good too...
More about pms...
SUGAR.... is a serious culprit in mood swings in general.. this includes grains that turn into sugar immediately after hitting the blood stream... fortunate for me I am allergic to gluten and cant eat most grains anyhooo..and i try to keep my sugar consumption to a pretty decent minimal.
Candiasis, prevalent in a suspected 80% of Americans creates major pms and mood issues ... and Candaisis has no prefered gender ... depression , insomnia , sleep disorders , upper respiratory infections... and manic depressive like symptoms are also caused by candiasis...amongst several other irratating symptoms....
I am all about your post ... my pms changed at age 33 but notice the more hydrated I am ( with clean flouride free water LOL) that it really doen't have much of an effect on my moods...
Let me be a bit dehydrated when it kicks in ,...and watch the effff out.

Sep 03 06 09:10 am Link

Photographer

studio36uk

Tavai, Sigave, Wallis and Futuna

How do you make a hormone?

Giver her an extra 5 bucks.

Studio36

Sep 03 06 09:50 am Link

Model

Mz Machina

Chicago, Illinois, US

studio36uk wrote:
How do you make a hormone?

Giver her an extra 5 bucks.

Studio36

*Patiently waiting for a sensitive person to come in and bash you for that*  smile

Sep 03 06 10:01 am Link

Photographer

Stephen Melvin

Kansas City, Missouri, US

No no no -- you don't pay her! That'll make her moan like crazy! And whine. And complain to her Sluggo.

Sep 03 06 10:22 am Link

Photographer

Stephen Melvin

Kansas City, Missouri, US

CareLyn Anita wrote:
*Patiently waiting for a sensitive person to come in and bash you for that*  smile

On THIS forum?

Sep 03 06 10:23 am Link

Photographer

EL PIC

Austin, Indiana, US

Hor - Moan ...

Its a craving for Sugar like Vamps for Blood.
Women sell body for the Sugar Drug Money.

Thx for adding Sugar  stuff - Care

EL

Sep 03 06 10:23 am Link

Model

Josie Nutter

Seattle, Washington, US

LOL.

I was VERY much in the midst of PMS (um, except the "pre-" part of that is not very applicable at the moment) at my shoot yesterday, but I doubt the photographer or makeup artist even knew!  (Beyond my tummy being a little more poofy than usual.)

Bad attitudes aren't always caused by hormones. :p

Sep 03 06 02:31 pm Link

Model

A BRITT PRO-AM

CARDIFF BY THE SEA, California, US

True, but they dont help!
i take syntheitic thyroxine, which i hate to do, but is 4 metabolism / periods etc etc
Really doesnt work much
lol
It's the testosetrone and progesterone and all the others and their imbalances to each other that affects us too
Nutrition is everything for balancing self, even serious metal disorders and physical disorders

You're right about the additives
USA has the most - and the most secret ones too.

Also that SUGAR.... is a very serious culprit in mood swings ...
as Carrie said.

MUAH! Back attcha baby!!

Sep 03 06 02:43 pm Link