Forums > Newbie Forum > www.amberlovett.com

Model

Amber Lovett

Denver, Colorado, US

Hey MMers.....

I am new to Model Mayhem and I think its an amazing site!!! I just recently launched my site with the help of www.loudshot.com I would love to hear your opinion on it. Anything I should keep or change! I am thinking of changing the colors, what do you think?

Amber Lovett
www.amberlovett.com
[email protected]

Aug 01 05 03:17 pm Link

Photographer

J O H N A L L A N

Los Angeles, California, US

Gee... Do you think she has a stake in lordsights.com
or do you think maybe laudsite.com is ambers real identity?

... or maybe  www.laughsight.com is really....

John

Aug 01 05 03:23 pm Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

and if you "act now"..you get these nine additional knives...

Aug 01 05 03:29 pm Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

Aug 01 05 03:33 pm Link

Model

Amber Lovett

Denver, Colorado, US

Actually I am the model and I am not a spamer. I am here trying to lend a helping hand.

Amber Lovett
[email protected]

Aug 01 05 04:12 pm Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

Posted by Amber Lovett: 
Actually I am the model and I am not a spamer.

and yet..instead of apologizing..you continue to spam...

Aug 01 05 05:03 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Posted by Amber Lovett: 
Actually I am the model and I am not a spamer. I am here trying to lend a helping hand.

If you would like to contact Loudshot you can at [email protected]

More adverstising for the webdesigner.

Do you actually know what "spamming" means?

Instead of toning it down and becoming a member of this community... your spam is getting worse.

When at first I thought, okay... she is new, can make a mistake... but now... I have the feeling that you are actually doing this on purpose.

Aug 01 05 05:08 pm Link

Photographer

Todd S.

Chapel Hill, North Carolina, US

First commandment:

Thou SHALT RESIST the temptation to respond to spammers.

It plays right into their hand.

Second commandment:

Thy BEST RECOURSE is to report such activity to higher powers, who shall smite them mightily as appropriate.

(c'mon gang... join in)

Aug 01 05 05:13 pm Link

Photographer

J O H N A L L A N

Los Angeles, California, US

Knock it the F off Amber!

John

Aug 01 05 05:20 pm Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

Aug 01 05 05:26 pm Link

Photographer

New York, New York, US

Posted by Todd Steinwart: 
First commandment:

Second commandment:
Thy BEST RECOURSE is to report such activity to higher powers, who shall smite them mightily as appropriate.

(c'mon gang... join in)

Spamming the spammers leaves them less time to spam others.   People are notified and the others see that they must stay in line.
This is the way the community and neighborhoods of old worked so well.   If you stole from the local store or ran into the old man's yard surely your mother or G-ma would hear about it.   Then you would hear about for a couple of days. 

Well,  then the mods need to step up and close such things.

or .
Once when twelve abbots of the Cistercian Anti-Spam Order came to Toulouse to combat the heratices,  another monk had a similar vision.  And when the Amba had given answer to the Anti-spammers praying to the can of Spam that was carved in the shape of her,  as we have read above,  the Anti-Spammers said to her:  'Dear Amba, not in accordance with their ills deeds muct thou deal with them,  but in accordance with Thy mercy!'  And conquered by the nits of the table that is round of the Anti-Spammers,  she replied: ' At thy entreaty I shall grant them this mercy,  that I send them My Friars Preachers,  to instruct and admonish them;  but if they amend not,  I spare them no longer!' 

So we all say ' Shrubbery,  Shrubbery '

Aug 01 05 05:37 pm Link

Photographer

Todd S.

Posted by marksora: 

First commandment:

Second commandment:

(c'mon gang... join in)

Spamming the spammers leaves them less time to spam others.   People are notified and the others see that they must stay in line.
This is the way the community and neighborhoods of old worked so well.   If you stole from the local store or ran into the old man's yard surely your mother or G-ma would hear about it.   Then you would hear about for a couple of days. 

or .
Once when twelve abbots of the Cistercian Anti-Spam Order came to Toulouse to combat the heratices,  another monk had a similar vision.  And when the Amba had given answer to the Anti-spammers praying to the can of Spam that was carved in the shape of her,  as we have read above,  the Anti-Spammers said to her:  'Dear Amba, not in accordance with their ills deeds muct thou deal with them,  but in accordance with Thy mercy!'  And conquered by the nits of the table that is round of the Anti-Spammers,  she replied: ' At thy entreaty I shall grant them this mercy,  that I send them My Friars Preachers,  to instruct and admonish them;  but if they amend not,  I spare them no longer!' 

But it drags *you* down to their level AND leaves you with less time for more useful, creative activities.

The mods don't actively police these threads. I hate to be a bitchy whiny narc but I've sent Amber's ID and one other Herb might remember from earlier today on to Theda. Hopefully one or both will be nuked a'fore the day is done.

Aug 01 05 05:41 pm Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

Aug 01 05 05:43 pm Link

Model

Lisa Fortier

Cocoa, Florida, US

Posted by marksora: 

First commandment:

Second commandment:

LMAO  too much !!  Ha Ha!!
Hmmm.....by the way do you like monty python or something ???

(c'mon gang... join in)

or .

Aug 01 05 05:45 pm Link

Photographer

UneekArts

Wadesboro, North Carolina, US

Posted by Amber Lovett: 
Hey MMers.....

I am new to Model Mayhem and I think its an amazing site!!! I just recently launched my site with the help of www.loudshot.com I would love to hear your opinion on it. Anything I should keep or change! I am thinking of changing the colors, what do you think?

Also www.loudshot.com was happy to help me on a models budget to create a professional easy to update website.

Actually, I see nothing wrong with this post. She has created a new website and she is asking for input on rather it needs to be changed or not and is especially interested in changing the colors.

Ok, so she gives the designer a plug, are you sure it isn't a sincere gesture of appreciation. Ok, probably not but isn't that what most of us are doing on here, promoting our own little piece of the kingdom?

Nothing like a warm welcome, I suppose.

I can see these forums are no better than that OtherModelPlace so I bid you adeu (or whatever that damn french word is.)

Geez people. :-(

Aug 01 05 05:46 pm Link

Photographer

Todd S.

Posted by XtremeArtists: 
It's the MM equivalent of being tarred and feathered in public. I was always under the impression that the users were expected to police the forums.

Me, I prefer a stilleto to the throat in the still of the night than a public tar and feathering.

But what do you do then? The problem is that spammers don't get the message and will only use taunts and jeers as an excuse to do more spamming. Leave them in an empty room and the silence becomes deafening.

Aug 01 05 05:48 pm Link

Model

Amber Lovett

Denver, Colorado, US

Posted by UneekArts: 

Posted by Amber Lovett: 
Hey MMers.....

Also www.loudshot.com was happy to help me on a models budget to create a professional easy to update website.

Actually, I see nothing wrong with this post. She has created a new website and she is asking for input on rather it needs to be changed or not and is especially interested in changing the colors.

Ok, so she gives the designer a plug, are you sure it isn't a sincere gesture of appreciation. Ok, probably not but isn't that what most of us are doing on here, promoting our own little piece of the kingdom?

I can see these forums are no better than that OtherModelPlace so I bid you adeu (or whatever that damn french word is.)

Thanks hun! I think you rock! I think some of these people should consider being cops instead of photographers!

Much love
Amber Lovett
www.amberlovett.com

Aug 01 05 05:51 pm Link

Photographer

New York, New York, US

Posted by XtremeArtists: 
(It's the MM equivalent of being tarred and feathered in public.)

I was always under the impression that the users were expected to police the forums.

I agree with the first.
And I thought so about the second point.

Maybe I am wrong but I see this much differently than the posts about blah blah #blah did nasty bleep to me while blah, blah, blahing.

Okay maybe we should all take your advice and stop doing this and we will have an experiment to see where it goes.

Maybe society should stop doing this also.   Forget writing down that license plate of that guy who did a hit&run or let the old lady get robbed.  NOT MY PROBLEM,  I just work here.   Not my job to do that.

Aug 01 05 05:52 pm Link

Photographer

New York, New York, US

Posted by Amber Lovett: 

Posted by UneekArts: 

Posted by Amber Lovett: 
Hey MMers.....

Thanks hun! I think you rock! I think some of these people should consider being cops instead of photographers!

Much love
Amber Lovett
www.amberlovett.com

Good taking GWC's advice.

Aug 01 05 05:55 pm Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

Aug 01 05 05:55 pm Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

Aug 01 05 05:56 pm Link

Photographer

New York, New York, US

Well it is in two places and GWC's advice is here.

GWC's Advice

And the third one

policing the site

It is MM form to Spam the multlple threads so maybe the Ant-spammers should delete from the other thread but this one discusses the issue.

A mod could always just close it the extra one.   Or she could just start all over.

Aug 01 05 05:59 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Posted by UneekArts: 

Watch the door on the way out... sometimes it hits hard.

Good luck to you!

BTW, she did change her postings and that is cool. Respect to her.

Aug 01 05 06:04 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Posted by Amber Lovett: 
Hey MMers.....

Amber Lovett
www.amberlovett.com
[email protected]

Hey Amber;

Welcome to Model Mayhem! Got some nice pictures in your profile, not bad.

Couldn't check your site, I am actually moving my appartment right now...

Later

Udo

Aug 01 05 06:05 pm Link

Photographer

New York, New York, US

Amber,

Welcome,  everything takes time so be patient for the boys to clean up and play nice.

I am sure some of your knowledge will help us all.

Interesting about me section you have.

Aug 01 05 06:07 pm Link

Photographer

Columbus Photo

Columbus, Georgia, US

One thing you should change for sure....Have your guy program it so that it doesn't open multiple windows.  The old one should close first before opening another (for another image).  2nd, I dislike the partial thumbnails.  No way to tell if you're wearing swimwear or a fancy gown.

Apart from that, you're drop-dead-gorgeous.

Paul

Aug 01 05 06:16 pm Link

Photographer

Tuesday Rene

FORT CAMPBELL, Kentucky, US

Ouch. No mercy for the new kid.

Aug 01 05 06:19 pm Link

Photographer

Monsante Bey

Columbus, Georgia, US

Get off her nuts, she's trying to promote herself.

I think she's cute.

Aug 01 05 06:20 pm Link

Photographer

Tuesday Rene

FORT CAMPBELL, Kentucky, US

I'm one of the new kids too.
What constitutes spamming on this forum?
I'm so confused.

Aug 01 05 06:22 pm Link

Photographer

New York, New York, US

Please do not quote this for I will delet it later.  but to be fair to the people who thought this was spam and so that they do not have to defend their honor of the table that is round.

This was the original posting from her.

Hey MMers.....

If you would like to talk with them about a site for yourself, they are more then happy to work out a deal with you that you can afford. I look at many models sites and I think it says "cheap" in it. Its sad to say but its true. I think models should have the best sites and Loudshot helps create that. I am so happy with my site, I can update all information & photos on my site and it is so so easy!

Please feel free to ask me any questions you may have about it.

Amber Lovett
www.amberlovett.com
[email protected]

and this was in Three forums.

And read this.
policing the site

Aug 01 05 06:23 pm Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

Aug 01 05 06:25 pm Link

Model

CutiePieGirl711

Gilbert, Arizona, US

How everyone should chill she just wants to suceed like everyone else on this site. Your all self promoting, and you all promote your photographers or stylists. so that would put every person on this site as spammers. Let it go shes new, especially XtremeArtists, you need to calm down. Did it hurt you or your reputation in anyway. NO ! ! !  So keep you asshole comments to yourself.

Aug 01 05 06:34 pm Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

Aug 01 05 06:39 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Posted by CutiePieGirl711: 
Let it go shes new, especially XtremeArtists, you need to calm down. Did it hurt you or your reputation in anyway. NO ! ! !  So keep you asshole comments to yourself.

CutiePie;

Errr... you are NEW too! Your very first post here is telling us how WE should conduct ourself and then proceed to tell a regular PARTICIPANT about his comments.

Who are you again?

So, why don't YOU chill for a second... sit back, browse the forums and figure out the dynamics of this site before you look like an ass (as in donkey!).

Cool?

Aug 01 05 06:41 pm Link

Photographer

New York, New York, US

Did I say I love MM?

No,  yes,  Well then I will say it.

I love MM.  Don't you?

Aug 01 05 06:42 pm Link

Model

CutiePieGirl711

Gilbert, Arizona, US

No I wasnt sent by him. And its absolutely ridiculous that you two are being such ass'. No one asled you two to freak out on people just because they might not know that they cant promote the way they did. Plus they went back and edited it, they tried to fit your little "mold" bullshit. They fixed it so Effing let it go.

Aug 01 05 06:46 pm Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

Aug 01 05 06:49 pm Link

Photographer

New York, New York, US

Posted by marksora: 
Did I say I love MM?

I love MM.  Don't you?

Did I say I love MM?

I love MM.  Don't you?

Look,  look,  look, (works on my two chow dogs),  in the photography talk it is a topic about photography.   Wow,  I can't believe it.  Anyone want to join me.

Let's go,   Who's with me.   Let's gooooooooooo

Aug 01 05 06:53 pm Link

Model

CutiePieGirl711

Gilbert, Arizona, US

Dude get over yourself, you act all high and mighty and shit but your work isnt even that great. Seriously people go look into this fools photos. Ive seen better by ametuers ! ! ! And its "the rules" thats the best you have, your pretty weak. so stop makin a fool of yourself and just drop this before you regret what it will do to your business.

Aug 01 05 06:54 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Posted by CutiePieGirl711: 
They fixed it so Effing let it go.

Yeah... she fixed her initial post... we welcomed her as we normally do... and then YOU chime in with your finger up in the air. We did let it go already... and then you came in... way too late and stir crap up again.

BTW, I am here since the beginning, over 22,000 members are between your time here and mine.

If we don't look out for OUR community, we'll be overran by spammers... and we had our share already.

Aug 01 05 06:55 pm Link