Forums > General Industry > Location Location Location!

Photographer

David Scott

Marion, Iowa, US

Wasn't sure if this should be in photography talk or general mayhem...

Photographers -
When doing shoots with a model that you're traveling to shoot with, in a place you haven't been before, do you rely/ask the model for some good ideas for places to shoot?   Or maybe give her suggestions of the types of places/locations you'd like to shoot at?   Do you look on the internet about that place to scout locations?     Do you get there super early and drive around?

Models -
Do you ever suggest some awesome places to shoot at to the visiting photographer?    Do you keep your eye out in general in your area for great places to shoot?  Do you simply rely on the photographer to choose a location?

I am traveling the next three weekends and I usually rely on someone (the model or a friend or another photographer) in the town I am shooting in to scope some places, and I do give some ideas of types of locations.

What's your cup of tea?    Happy Independence Day to you all, by the way smile

Jul 04 06 09:06 am Link

Model

NC17

Baltimore, Maryland, US

I have several pretty nifty locations that I have discovered while roaming around my city. I have a stellar river location where I have done nudes twice with no interruption. I have a city location that on the weekends is quiet and unmonitered, and I have a crazy old fort with gratffiti all over it that you don't shoot at in a group of less than 3 REALLY BIG BURLY GUYS.

If the model can provide locations, thats great. Scouting any way that you can is good, I guess the biggest thing is to just be prepared to be able to adjust and change your plans if things don't work quite as well as you'd like.

Jul 04 06 09:41 am Link