Forums > General Industry > Are Other Fellas on MM Just Trying to Hook Up?

Model

Rome Romanne

Pasadena, California, US

Generally, I don't think it's a problem, but it's just that it kinda ruins it for the rest of us who are really trying to network. Personally, I would hate for the ladies up in here to think I have some ulterior motive just because some of the other guys do.

Hey, I'm not saying I'm a perfect Angel - I get happy when a beautiful lady corresponds with me, too; we all have our moments, but it's different if it happens as a result of meeting up... to work/collaborate and the like.

Dudes, if that's your main intention, then I think the ladies are on to all of you, man.

Thoughts?

Jul 02 06 04:40 pm Link

Photographer

Sophistocles

Seattle, Washington, US

Methinks thou doth protest too much.

Jul 02 06 04:47 pm Link

Photographer

Lexi Evans

Levittown, New York, US

I am trying to sleep with as many photographers as I can, so that their talents can rub off on me!

Jul 02 06 04:47 pm Link

Photographer

Tog

Birmingham, Alabama, US

Lexi Evans wrote:
I am trying to sleep with as many photographers as I can, so that their talents can rub off on me!

That's what we're calling it now?  Talent?

Man I've wasted a lot of talent..

Jul 02 06 04:49 pm Link

Photographer

nrvphotography

Knoxville, Tennessee, US

Some are talented and some are not. You can apply different meanings I suppose! smile

Jul 02 06 04:52 pm Link

Model

Michael Phillip

Richmond, California, US

I agree alot of guys might be on here trying to get hooked up but at the same time trying to get work. But that does ruin it for males on here that are trying to network. Like for example I can't find any female models to work with me on a shoot. Most dont respond to any messages or comments I send. I guess I have to show that I'm not trying to get in the pants.. . lol.

Jul 02 06 04:58 pm Link

Photographer

Lexi Evans

Levittown, New York, US

WG Rowland wrote:

That's what we're calling it now?  Talent?

Man I've wasted a lot of talent..

I hear its good for the skin

Jul 02 06 04:59 pm Link

Model

Rome Romanne

Pasadena, California, US

Michael Phillip wrote:
I agree alot of guys might be on here trying to get hooked up but at the same time trying to get work. But that does ruin it for males on here that are trying to network. Like for example I can't find any female models to work with me on a shoot. Most dont respond to any messages or comments I send. I guess I have to show that I'm not trying to get in the pants.. . lol.

Yea, Yea Michael! And I woud love to collaborate and shoot something sexy with a girl without her having to think I'm being shady, u know? It's about the work - a lot more fun, granted but it's work FIRST.

Jul 02 06 05:06 pm Link

Model

Eric J Erk

Baltimore, Maryland, US

I have no desire to date anyone in this industry...It's all about business for me.

Jul 02 06 05:07 pm Link

Photographer

1972 Productions

Cebu, Central Visayas, Philippines

Lexi Evans wrote:

Oh Oh!! Think I better think twice about friday now!!  What say ye Lexi?

Jul 02 06 05:08 pm Link

Photographer

500 Gigs of Desire

New York, New York, US

I've never even made out with a MM model.

OK, once.

Jul 02 06 05:09 pm Link

Photographer

megafunk

Los Angeles, California, US

The models are hip to my game and the MUAs want a kit fee -at least- for the date.

Jul 02 06 05:27 pm Link

Photographer

Tied And Taped

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

This may sound depressing, but I have yet to sleep with a model.  However, I will be happy to have some of my talent rub off on Lexi if she'll come to Philly. big_smile

Jul 02 06 05:31 pm Link

Model

AuLa

West Hollywood, California, US

Help! I have a guy with ulterior motives on my friends list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jul 02 06 05:35 pm Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

Santa Barbara, California, US

Aussie Guevara wrote:
Help! I have a guy with ulterior motives on my friends list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just one?????

Jul 02 06 05:44 pm Link

Photographer

Jim Ball

Frontenac, Kansas, US

Aussie Guevara wrote:

(looking for smiley icon, but doesn't see one)  Use the delete key, then.

Jul 02 06 05:47 pm Link

Photographer

Mr Maki

Tallahassee, Florida, US

Jul 02 06 05:48 pm Link

Photographer

Mr Maki

Tallahassee, Florida, US

no hook-ups here, my wife would not like that... I love her and my two kids too much to F@#k it up over a hot 21 year old that I am shooting

man she is hot... she is in my port smile

Jul 02 06 05:48 pm Link

Photographer

Nic

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

Lexi Evans wrote:

Well Lexi come to FL and I'll rub one off on ya! (roflmao!)

Just kidding. It was there and I had to take it! (lol)

Nic smile

Jul 02 06 05:52 pm Link

Model

Seth Mitchell

Long Beach, California, US

Do I get any points for harmless flirting?  LOL.

Jul 02 06 05:55 pm Link

Photographer

Klassic Photo

Bullhead City, Arizona, US

I confess to getting a warm pleasant tingly sensation when I look at the new B&H Photo equipment catalog and all the latest studio equipment

... does that count?

Jul 02 06 05:59 pm Link

Photographer

Stan The Man

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

i am here just to become a doctor not planning to marry a nurse!!!!

Jul 02 06 06:05 pm Link

Photographer

SPI Glamour

Arnold, Nebraska, US

Hmmmmm......I came on this site to learn more and improve my skills (Photography, of course!) not to try and hook up with a model.  I sorta thought that was the purpose of this place!  I have seen so much work on here that I admire, this place is an inspiration, and not a dating site.  Just my opinion, of course!!

Jul 02 06 06:10 pm Link

Photographer

imagesbyMAT

Providence, Rhode Island, US

I've only worked once with a model but have talked to many and I would hope that I'm not sending any vibes that say I'm looking for anything more than shoot. I'm here to learn and to build up my port, and I'm very serious about my work. I didn't invest in all my gear to use it to get women. I did it because one day I hope to be a professional photographer. When I talk to potential models I want them to be at ease with me, I want them to be as comfortable as possible so the shoot goes off fine. I would hope that models, especially experienced models can tell if a photog is after more than just photos. I think the problem could come from the younger models just getting into the business not understanding certain things. Not to say there aren't photgs out there who use photography to get with women. To them I say get out of the business because your screwing it up for the pros.

Jul 02 06 06:19 pm Link

Model

Rome Romanne

Pasadena, California, US

By the way, photogs are not the only ones here on blast. U ever notice some of the male models up in here with ONLY WOMEN friends/tags?

Hmmmmmm.......    lol

Jul 02 06 06:43 pm Link

Model

Rome Romanne

Pasadena, California, US

(bump)

Jul 02 06 07:26 pm Link