Forums > General Industry > Is there modeling jobs for non-nude models

Model

Shanna

Weatherford, Oklahoma, US

yeah i know im a nude model, and with that it makes finding work as easy as sliceing pie. But the way people treat me sometimes just drives me insane, not to mention i can never have an actual career.
So I was wondering, is thier even work out there for non-nude models?
I know alot of photographers make non-nude girls pay money, which is dumb but whatever..anywho i dont have anything to put in here,
so does anyone have any good advice for me?
the problem with non-nude is being disowned by my family, and having disgusting people reconize me in public, telling me how hot i look naked, specially if im on a date. its just kinda annoying

Jul 01 06 09:48 pm Link

Photographer

Justin

Fort Collins, Colorado, US

I've hired models for both nude and nonnude work, but honestly, I'd probably pass you by, even though you're quite pretty. Your profile seems targeted for photographers who are looking for the "really pissed-off alternative/goth wanting quality work" type of model, and that's going to be a fairly narrow and limited market.

Jul 01 06 09:55 pm Link

Photographer

HerbP

Winter Springs, Florida, US

Stay nude, ignore the rude, don't start a feud, and ditch the 'tude.

Jul 01 06 10:00 pm Link

Photographer

phcorcoran

Lawrence, Indiana, US

Work comes and work goes.  Right now I have several bookings where models are paying me to photograph them nude.  The chances of a model getting paid non-nude work from me right now are zip to zilch.

But I've been around long enough to know that in awhile, perhaps in only a few weeks time, some client will come around asking me for "sexy, non-nude" photos for his website or whatever, and then I'll be hiring clothed models again.

I also know from experience that often a model will write me, "I only do nudes for $150 an hour, and no spreads," and then six months later she'll write me back saying, "I do nudes for $50/hr, $65 with spreads."

Like I wrote: work comes and work goes.

My advice to you is to keep taking the nude jobs and putting the money in the bank and to keep reminding photographers that you're available for other kinds of modeling.  If too many months go by without a clothed shoot then do some clothed TFPs to "freshen" your portfolio.

The life of a freelancer is all about taking any job you can get in order to pay your bills while you're looking for the great jobs you dream of someday getting.

Oh yeah, and take your rates off your profile.  Negotiate pay on a "per job" basis.

Jul 01 06 10:03 pm Link

Model

Claudia

San Antonio, Texas, US

I dont do nudes and i get paid;-)hehe
well sort of?..I do up to fully implied wich im pretty much naked hehe,but ofcourse im always covering my goodies,either with my hands or props,I LOVE it!!its so much fun and leaves something to the viewers imagination but i guess it just depends how you put yourself out there too,I think theres paid work for all types of models,even the ones that dont take anything off!The moneys out there you just gotta go find it!:-)

Now does anyone interested in hiring me????????????????;-)~

xoxo,

ClaudiaG

Jul 01 06 10:13 pm Link

Model

Catriona

Portland, Oregon, US

It would really depend on what kind of work a model was looking to do. Art and glamour - yeah, good luck finding a consistent client base of people not looking for at least some nudity. If you have the right build and/or look to get signed to an agency, though, I suspect you could potentially go your entire career without taking your top off. Of course, the problem is that the girls who are too short/heavy/old/plain-looking for high-fashion (and too "unusual" for commercial) tend to end up having to do art and glamour. Someone in your position, OP, say... Yeah, you would probably have a very hard time finding steady non-nude work. But what's so bad about nudity?

Jul 01 06 10:14 pm Link

Model

Claudia

San Antonio, Texas, US

omG,I think thats the first post I ever responded to.....Yay,you popped my cherry!!!
MUAHHHH!

ClaudiaG

Jul 01 06 10:14 pm Link

Model

Muse Anya

Sunnyvale, California, US

HerbP wrote:
Stay nude, ignore the rude, don't start a feud, and ditch the 'tude.

Hahaha, you're funny!

Jul 01 06 10:29 pm Link

Model

Shanna

fsfsdfsdf

Jul 01 06 10:40 pm Link

Model

Cristal Steverson

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Cyberella  wrote:
fsfsdfsdf

Its funny that you down glamour in your profile but most of your port looks glamour-ish... well at least to me.  Good ole Model Mayhem hypocricy strikes again!

Nevertheless to answer your question, I'm non-nude and I get work, pretty consistanly for the past 2-3 years.  Thing is, if you say "I DO NUDE" people will hire you to do nudes... simple as that.

Jul 01 06 10:44 pm Link

Photographer

rjcarroll

Linden, New Jersey, US

I do very little nude work and I hire clothed models for various projects.

Jul 01 06 10:49 pm Link

Model

Shanna

Jul 01 06 10:52 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Camera Ready Studios

Dallas, Texas, US

Cyberella  wrote:
yeah i know im a nude model, and with that it makes finding work as easy as sliceing pie. But the way people treat me sometimes just drives me insane, not to mention i can never have an actual career.
I know alot of photographers make non-nude girls pay money, which is dumb but whatever..anywho i dont have anything to put in here,
the problem with non-nude is being disowned by my family, and having disgusting people reconize me in public, telling me how hot i look naked, specially if im on a date. its just kinda annoying
I'd also appreciate if you would stop posting rude stuff. ok thanks. Its just a simple question. but thanks to those that gave me good advice

on Model Mayhem?  hmmmmm, not sure about that.

Jul 01 06 10:53 pm Link

Model

Catriona

Portland, Oregon, US

Cristal Steverson wrote:
Its funny that you down glamour in your profile but most of your port looks glamour-ish... well at least to me.  Good ole Model Mayhem hypocricy strikes again!

Hee! I was thinking the same thing. "I hate glamour! Which is why my entire portfolio is cheezy topless/lingerie shots!" Uh-huh.

And I do agree with other posters here and in the first thread that with the OP's rates and attitude, she should feel lucky to be getting any work at all. $200 an hour for nudes? The body ain't that bangin', sweetheart.

Edit:

stop posting about things i said on my profile. just read what i wrote here and give me nice advice thanks

Wow, that's an awfully bratty thing to say to people you're hoping to get (exhorbitantly-overpriced) paid work from.

Jul 01 06 10:54 pm Link

Photographer

J Merrill Images

Harvey, Illinois, US

Having read your profile, I might ask .... has it ever occurred to you that all those that you seem so eager to pass judgement on might find YOU to be "fucking annoying?"

P.S.: This IS my advice.

Jul 01 06 11:01 pm Link

Photographer

Mike Cummings

LAKE COMO, Florida, US

Cyberella  wrote:
I'd also appreciate if you would stop posting rude stuff. ok thanks. Its just a simple question. but thanks to those that gave me good advice

Ok I will answer your simple but inflated question.

NOT at those rates.

Get the fuck over yourself.

Nuff said.

Jul 01 06 11:05 pm Link

Model

Isys Entertainment

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Cyberella  wrote:
stop posting about things i said on my profile. just read what i wrote here and give me nice advice thanks

Why?

Jul 01 06 11:10 pm Link

Model

Shanna

for those of you that find it nessicary to post that kinda shit im reporting you. thier isnt any need for that shit, im just asking a question

Jul 01 06 11:11 pm Link

Photographer

Mike Cummings

LAKE COMO, Florida, US

Cyberella  wrote:
for those of you that find it nessicary to post that kinda shit im reporting you. thier isnt any need for that shit, im just asking a question

The MODs have me on speed dial. Thanks for playing.

The world is not out to get you but if you sow shit you reap shit. You sowed shit.

Take a deep breath and act like a person.

Jul 01 06 11:17 pm Link

Model

Aeon Elysian

Kalamazoo, Michigan, US

If nudity is going to be you line of work, then those are some consequences.  Some people aren't disowned by their family or recognized in public, but the farther one thing goes then so will the other

Jul 01 06 11:17 pm Link

Model

Shanna

hmm yeah. it happens sometimes tho. but i think its because of myspace haha

Jul 01 06 11:31 pm Link

Photographer

J Merrill Images

Harvey, Illinois, US

You write an extremely annoying profile that "disses" everyone else and you are going to report US? Have a ball.

Jul 01 06 11:45 pm Link

Model

Claudia

San Antonio, Texas, US

Wow,do things like this happen all the time on this bulletin things???...sorry kinda New to this:-(.......should i jump in,hehe....nah...never mind..................so ANYONE WANNA SHOOT????....TEXAS model her;-)~

xoxo,
ClaudiaG

Jul 01 06 11:49 pm Link

Photographer

Mike Cummings

LAKE COMO, Florida, US

J Merrill Images wrote:
You write an extremely annoying profile that "disses" everyone else and you are going to report US? Have a ball.

The "About Me" has been deleted, and it sound by that last post she is trying to make nice. So let's forgive and forget.

Jul 01 06 11:50 pm Link

Model

Claudia

San Antonio, Texas, US

I mean HERE,like TEXAS model here!!...not her the one ,omy Gosh,why did I even come back!:-(.........lol

Jul 01 06 11:51 pm Link

Photographer

Len Cook Photographer

Fremont, California, US

Claudia wrote:
so ANYONE WANNA SHOOT????....TEXAS model her;-)~

Yep, you already understand PERFECTLY how to use a forum thread.  Quick study.

Jul 01 06 11:52 pm Link

Model

Claudia

San Antonio, Texas, US

took me a while to get it...but ...lmao....omG!!thats Krazy i dint mean.....okim off to bed...;-)~

Jul 01 06 11:55 pm Link

Photographer

Ken Long

MCALLEN, Texas, US

There are always jobs out there for clothed models.  The only thing is, some models have a "set price" that gets a bit on the steep side to work with them just in casual clothing.  Don't jump on me, it's thier right to ask for it, and it would be my job to say yes or no to the rate (whether clothed or not).  So yes, the jobs are out there, it's just that some models just chose to price themselves completely out of it.

Jul 01 06 11:56 pm Link

Model

Shanna

yes thats why i dont have rates haha. but thanks for the info

Jul 01 06 11:58 pm Link

Photographer

Stephen Moskop

Chicago, Illinois, US

I'm new to this "Internet Modelling world", but I know alot about the photo business.  The truth is that (at least in my world- advertising photography) photographers rarely pay models- clients pay models.  And if I want to shoot personal or portfolio work, all I have to do is call the agencies and they will send me anyone on the board to shoot with me TFP, because they know that if they get their models in front of my camera, they will have a better chance of getting my clients to hire them down the road.

The problem is that if I want to shoot nudes for my portfolio or my personal work, I have the awkward problem of asking a model to disrobe, who may not be comfortable with that.  Some of the agency models are perfectly comfortable with nudity, some are not.  At least on this site, a photographer can know ahead of time if that question is offensive or not, and that is the real advantage of listing here for the model who is comfortable with nudity.

So to answer your question I would say that if you really want a career modelling non-nude, also get listed with a bricks and mortar agency- some agencies now specialize in "real" people models (models who don't necessarily fit size 4, 5'10", 110 lbs)- but if you enjoy being photographed naked, have fun here.

Cheers,
Steve

Jul 01 06 11:58 pm Link

Photographer

Star

Los Angeles, California, US

so she isn't on the site right now, how old is she 19?

Jul 02 06 12:55 am Link

Model

Cristal Steverson

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Jul 02 06 12:56 am Link

Model

Isys Entertainment

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

That was a serious loss of control......

Jul 02 06 12:58 am Link

Photographer

Star

ok, that explains it. The whole is there has been bugging me, wish it said are there

Jul 02 06 12:58 am Link

Model

Cristal Steverson

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Star wrote:
ok, that explains it. The whole is there has been bugging me, wish it said are there

?

Jul 02 06 12:59 am Link

Model

Cristal Steverson

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Star wrote:

?

Jul 02 06 12:59 am Link

Photographer

Len Cook Photographer

Fremont, California, US

WHAT A BUMMER!  HER ACCOUNT IS CLOSED!

Who's gonna remind me what a nasty old perv I am for doing glamour?

Jul 02 06 01:02 am Link

Photographer

Len Cook Photographer

Fremont, California, US

Len Cook Photographer wrote:
WHAT A BUMMER!  HER ACCOUNT IS CLOSED!

Who's gonna remind me what a nasty old perv I am for doing glamour?

Vounteers?  Ferris?

Jul 02 06 01:03 am Link

Model

Hourglass

Huntington Beach, California, US

she got banned? one less annoying, stuck up, "model" ? what a shame. I may be sarcastic on occasion but I think she LIKED the taste of her own foot.

Jul 02 06 01:22 am Link

Photographer

Star

Cristal Steverson wrote:

?

grammer, the posting title had bad grammer...

it had the verb singular when referring to a noun that is plural, or something like that

Jul 02 06 02:52 am Link