Forums > General Industry > do models really want to work?

Photographer

Dean Solo

Miami, Arizona, US

INever wrote:
Let's celebrate the many ways and styles of art, business and expression that are here.

Kudos...I might add that the above sentence fills me with delight, thinking about the possibilities/opportunities in cyberspace/internetland. In the end, I want this to be a creative beautiful experience.

Jul 02 06 02:27 am Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

Santa Barbara, California, US

so what happened to the OP?

Jul 02 06 02:55 am Link

Photographer

studio36uk

Tavai, Sigave, Wallis and Futuna

KM von Seidl wrote:
so what happened to the OP?

Probably got fed up and is on the phone calling a real agency to book models for his next job. LOL

Studio36

Jul 02 06 06:23 am Link

Model

Iona Lynn

Oakland, California, US

nope, I'm not a real model. that is why it is 5 am on a sunday and I'm heading out the door to go to an event.
Iona Lynn

Jul 02 06 07:27 am Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

Iona Lynn wrote:
nope, I'm not a real model. that is why it is 5 am on a sunday and I'm heading out the door to go to an event.
Iona Lynn

Iona wants to work!

Jul 02 06 07:30 am Link

Photographer

saverio

Santa Monica, California, US

i'm here, just been listening.  all of you have contributed to my greater understanding of the mayhem/web world.  i'm not discouraged, just re-calculating.  i have to learn to spot the pros in the bunch like iona above, great work by the way.  one thing i have wanted to do was to do the still version of a commercial i did for sony "cybershot".  ironically the commercial was shot on 16mm b&w film using a heavy red filter using an ex-canadian national ballet company dancer lydia green.  the commercial had an amazing/unique look that i want in a series of stills.  i contacted a couple of model/dancers, no response?  i have not found a single image of dance here on mm or anywhere for that matter like the ones i intend to create.  i even directed these dancer/models to my website where the commercial can be viewed, you understand.  by the way, good morning to all i'm up, barely, working as well.

Jul 02 06 07:51 am Link

Photographer

FKVPhotography

Ocala, Florida, US

I think there is some confusion between "work" and "business".....

I think models "work" at creating good images.....but don't always know how to use them in "business"......pretty much can be said about a lot of photographers too....working at producing images is one thing.....knowing how to make money with those images is quite another.....and easily confused!

I used to "work" at making images...and was going broke.....went back to school and got a degree in business administration......now I make money "working" at making images.....

So for all those "no show" models...or photographers who "cancel" at the last minute....it's simply not good business.......but if you don't care about the size of your wallet.....carry on!

Jul 02 06 08:21 am Link

Model

R Sierra

Plano, Texas, US

To the original poster:  I feel the same exact way about photographers.  About half of them don't respond, and out of the ones that do, 75% back out or never confirm plans.

Photographers do it too.  I think there are more models that don't show, but sometimes I wonder if some of the photographers on here are just not too serious about what they do.  How can you not be after spending so much money on equipment?  I find it rude to say you will work with someone, and not even call them to tell them you can't or you've changed your mind.

Jul 02 06 08:26 am Link

Model

Jane Weiss

Nottingham, England, United Kingdom

i'm unreliable, lazy, stupid, and i have bad pictures - book me book me!!!

Jul 02 06 08:32 am Link

Photographer

FKVPhotography

Ocala, Florida, US

Sian Louise wrote:

OK....I'll book you!!....but have to warn you....I'm going to wait until you fly over here to Florida....come to Ocala... and as you're walking up my front driveway....I'm going to cancel!!!!.....

Jul 02 06 08:40 am Link

Model

Loriann

London, England, United Kingdom

i'm interested in working, excited by new projects and eager to build up a really strong portfolio that can gain me more modelling work. however, i've started late in this business, am not your typical model and my main focus career is in journalism. not that i'm not passionate about it.

sometimes i have to turn things down or cancel. i hate doing it, but i have to pay the bills. and that goes for all my work - journalism included! although i do always try to respond politely as soon as i can - given that sometimes this server is slooooooower than a snail!

but anyone in london who needs me...

xllx

Jul 02 06 08:55 am Link

Photographer

studio36uk

Tavai, Sigave, Wallis and Futuna

Sian Louise wrote:

Now is THAT a shameless self advertisment Sian? smile

Studio36

Jul 02 06 09:05 am Link

Model

Jane Weiss

Nottingham, England, United Kingdom

studio36uk wrote:

Now is THAT a shameless self advertisment Sian? smile

Studio36

its the oposite to an add so it isn't shameless - its proud! tongue and its really a book me if you want a let down joke so really who would?

Jul 02 06 09:11 am Link