Forums > General Industry > I screwed up. Big time.

Model

Iona Lynn

Oakland, California, US

DAMN!!!!!!!!
Will someone please smack some sense into me.
I tried to buy tickets to the show tomorrow and they are sold out.
I was told they were running low but I have no clue about these things.
so I tried to buy 4 tickets and nope nada nine.

I can't even go to an art show where my own ass is on the wall. 
I'm depressed, I think I'll go buy that reflector and shoot something outdoors tomorrow.....

Jun 30 06 05:44 pm Link

Photographer

Tog

Birmingham, Alabama, US

Iona Lynn wrote:
DAMN!!!!!!!!
Will someone please smack some sense into me.
I tried to buy tickets to the show tomorrow and they are sold out.
I was told they were running low but I have no clue about these things.
so I tried to buy 4 tickets and nope nada nine.

I can't even go to an art show where my own ass is on the wall. 
I'm depressed, I think I'll go buy that reflector and shoot something outdoors tomorrow.....

Can't you bum a pass off the "artist" or something?

Jun 30 06 06:12 pm Link

Photographer

Doug Lester

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Contact the photographer, he should certainly be able to get you in.

Jun 30 06 06:15 pm Link

Photographer

aduro visum

Sacramento, California, US

^^  What they said ;-) ^^

Jun 30 06 06:16 pm Link

Photographer

g2-new photographics

Boston, Massachusetts, US

If that's the biggest screw-up you ever have, then you're in for a smooth ride overall!

smile

Jun 30 06 06:17 pm Link

Model

Iona Lynn

Oakland, California, US

Not even press can get in now sold out, standing room only, max capcity.
The curator knows who I am, I laughed with her and told her I had been advertizing this show for weeks and just didn't buy my own ticket.

The only chance I have is to show up at 10'45 and hope people leave early, it's ok I learned something at least.

besides it means hopfully people with more money than I will be going and buy some prints then I'll get a cut.

Artist's own fiance may not be able to go they won't even hold tickets at the door. I guess this is a lot bigger than I had expected......I've only gone to tiny shows in coffee houses before or night clubs.

Jun 30 06 06:18 pm Link

Photographer

Tog

Birmingham, Alabama, US

Iona Lynn wrote:
Not even press can get in now sold out, standing room only, max capcity.
The curator knows who I am, I laughed with her and told her I had been advertizing this show for weeks and just didn't buy my own ticket.

The only chance I have is to show up at 10'45 and hope people leave early, it's ok I learned something at least.

besides it means hopfully people with more money than I will be going and buy some prints then I'll get a cut.

Artist's own fiance may not be able to go they won't even hold tickets at the door. I guess this is a lot bigger than I had expected......I've only gone to tiny shows in coffee houses before or night clubs.

Who knew how popular Iona's ass would be on a wall? (Correction, who didn't know?)

Jun 30 06 06:22 pm Link

Photographer

Jay Bowman

Los Angeles, California, US

You are a completely clueless, aren't you?

Not because you didn't buy the tickets, but because you fail to see the true opportunity in this situation.  This is where you get to shine!  This is where you get bask in snobbery and sophistication.  This is where you walk right in and when questioned, you scoff and say "You obviously have no idea who I am..."

And then you get naked and say "I'm the one on the wall.  Duh.

I'm certain that they'll let you in free of charge without question at that point...

Jun 30 06 06:24 pm Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

Santa Barbara, California, US

Okay, who pays for tickets to an art show?

If it's exclusive I get invites.   Who is actually charging?????

Jun 30 06 06:24 pm Link

Model

Iona Lynn

Oakland, California, US

lolol thanks, I'm sure there will be much better work hanging than my ass at this show. I wanted to go to see all of it not just me.

Jun 30 06 06:25 pm Link

Model

Iona Lynn

Oakland, California, US

July 1st Juried Erotic Art Show hosted by Arts Guild of Sonoma
8:00 p.m. - Midnight
Arts Guild of Sonoma Gallery
140 East Napa St., Sonoma, CA 95476
Reservations are required: 707-996-3115. Credit cards accepted.
$25 per person in advance; $35 the day of show if available.

I called today and yes they know who I am, I don't have that much pull to demand to be let in.

P.S. if a miracal happins I need two I'm not going without my fiance'

Jun 30 06 06:28 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Iona Lynn wrote:
lolol thanks, I'm sure there will be much better work hanging than my ass at this show. I wanted to go to see all of it not just me.

Simple... when you are at the door, lift your skirt or drop your pants when the doorman wants to see your ticket... https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/UdoRPhotoArchive/MakingAPointGifs/shakedatass.gif , and then you show him... wink

Jun 30 06 06:32 pm Link

Photographer

p h o t o f a s h i o n

London, England, United Kingdom

UdoR wrote:

Simple... when you are at the door, lift your skirt or drop your pants when the doorman wants to see your ticket... https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/UdoRPhotoArchive/MakingAPointGifs/shakedatass.gif , and then you show him... wink

stop giving away trade secrets

Jun 30 06 06:34 pm Link

Photographer

Vintagevista

Sun City, California, US

Just make certain that everybody in line knows that it's an interactive performance piece.

"A participation between the Self - and the Image Self"

And then they will ask "Where's the model?  She must be here for this work to be complete!"

*Act suprised when they hustle you in the building*

Vintage "I'm the bands snake handler - and I think we are missing one of the venomous ones - it may be backstage"  Vista

Jul 01 06 12:06 am Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

Let us know if you find a way to get in.

Jul 01 06 10:54 am Link

Model

Iona Lynn

Oakland, California, US

Thanks!!!! but it is a two hour drive to get there and if I don't get in I will have wasted 30$ in gas and 4 hours of time, I don't think there is much to do in Sonoma late at night.

On the other hand I get a job working in SAC at Ozzfest tomorrow so this will let me go to bed early and man Ozzfest for free!!!!!! Wait, not free, I get paid!!!!!

The world keeps turning

Jul 01 06 11:06 am Link

Photographer

Mark Reese Photography

Brandon, Florida, US

Iona Lynn wrote:
Thanks!!!! but it is a two hour drive to get there and if I don't get in I will have wasted 30$ in gas and 4 hours of time, I don't think there is much to do in Sonoma late at night.

On the other hand I get a job working in SAC at Ozzfest tomorrow so this will let me go to bed early and man Ozzfest for free!!!!!! Wait, not free, I get paid!!!!!

The world keeps turning

ok, let me see if i understand, you DON'T get to go to a gallery show where you're not going to get paid but you DO get to go to an all day concert AND get paid. Gee, tough life you've got there Iona.

Jul 01 06 11:09 am Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

Iona Lynn wrote:

The world keeps turning

Sounds good to me.

Jul 01 06 11:26 am Link

Photographer

Lo Fi Art

Alice Town, Biminis, Bahamas

Try to force your way in.  Make a scene.  Get arrested.  Small fine. Priceless! Publicity!

Jul 01 06 11:36 am Link

Photographer

Lo Fi Art

Alice Town, Biminis, Bahamas

PS - try to have a costume malfunction during the scuffle with police!

Jul 01 06 11:37 am Link