Forums > General Industry > do male models work better with female photogs ?

Photographer

jackfrost

Austin, Indiana, US

how a male photog say hey there guy your working the camera , oh yeah , your going great ! yada yada ( get my point?)

staying creative under the lens
-jack

Jun 24 06 07:38 pm Link

Model

joey25

Washington, District of Columbia, US

As a model, I've worked with both male and female photographers and generally have no particular preference.  I'm much more concerned with the photographer's talent and professionalism than with gender. 

Of course, if a photographer were to become flirtatious with me, I'm much rather it be a flirtatious female photographer than a flirtatious male photographer, but, hey, that's merely a matter of personal taste.

Generally, though--no preference.

Jun 24 06 08:45 pm Link

Model

deleteme

As long as it's kept professional and not flirtatious (we both want me to look good), then it doesn't matter.

However, I've only worked with one female and she wasn't anywhere near as good as the males.

Jun 25 06 03:11 am Link

Model

Tom Sullivan

I have worked with only one female photographer, and it was like being with my physiotherapist, who is also a lady.  I have also done life modeling for female artists.  I think the gay male photographers have taken the photos of me that I like the best.

Jun 25 06 03:16 am Link

Photographer

JS2D Design

Duluth, Georgia, US

If you're a male model you always want to be photographed by gay male photographers - It's the combination of knowing the male body (because you have one), knowing how to get a relaxed pose yet how to "pop" all the definition out while remain a "relaxed pose", Knowing what to focus on or emphasize, and the appreciation for male beauty due to the fact that you're attracted to male beauty.  Historically the best male subject artwork has been created by gay or bisexual artists.  Carrivagiao, Michealangelo, George Platt Lyons, etc..  There are female Artists, Nan Golden for example, who do great work with male models.  But statistically the best images have usually been from gay males artists.

Jun 25 06 09:25 am Link