Forums > Critique > Serious Critique > Am I too old to be doing this?

Model

Tiger

Rogers, Arkansas, US

I am just starting to discover the expression of myself and acceptance of my body through photographic art but there are days when the voice in my head tells me I'm too old (49 years) to be doing this and no one wants to see me doing this. I would love to get some honest feedback on whether I should ignore that voice and embrace my body or listen to the voice and not make a fool of myself. I would love for anyone to take a look at the work I have done and let me know your thoughts (is my look something I can pursue modeling with?).Thank you in advance for any feedback given.

Mar 12 24 07:29 am Link

Photographer

shannontphoto

Brandon, Mississippi, US

Tiger wrote:
I am just starting to discover the expression of myself and acceptance of my body through photographic art but there are days when the voice in my head tells me I'm too old (49 years) to be doing this and no one wants to see me doing this. I would love to get some honest feedback on whether I should ignore that voice and embrace my body or listen to the voice and not make a fool of myself. Thank you in advance for any feedback given.

I would say it’s completely normal to sometimes question yourself. Those that don’t tend to kind of stray away from their first intention. Ultimately I think it comes down to what do YOU want to do? Does it make you happy? Are you enjoying the process of doing it? Do you feel better doing it?

Age wise, I wouldn’t even worry about that. There’s people MUCH older than you doing what you’re doing and absolutely love it.

Do what makes YOU happy man and forget the rest!

Mar 14 24 11:04 am Link