Forums > General Industry > hard copy portfolio in a rush

Model

Jen B

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Hello,

Firstly it has been a while, I hope everyone is well here.

My question is about decent quality overnight prints in order to have something in hand for an audition in 2 days.

I've been gone from this site for a while and would like to return to modeling.

While I'm sure a portfolio isn't necessary I also think it couldn't hurt. I've had more than one photographer look skeptical when I showed up until we started shooting. So, I suspect I may not give a great face to face impression and think the print might help.

I'm checking online now for possible Phoenix area printers and thought this might be a good question in the forums!

Jen B-queen of typos, misspells and grammar errors, finger neuropathy worsens it. smile

Jan 10 24 06:38 am Link

Photographer

JQuest

Syracuse, New York, US

Hey Jen,

If you're looking for quick, and okay quality, and have the photos in hand digitally you can go to Walmart (or do it online) and have them printed the same day. They print sizes from 4x4 to 24x36. I've used them last minute a couple and have been happy with the finished product. That said if you're looking to include nudes in your portfolio I wouldn't send them there.

Jan 10 24 10:18 am Link

Model

Jen B

Phoenix, Arizona, US

JQuest wrote:
Hey Jen,

If you're looking for quick, and okay quality, and have the photos in hand digitally you can go to Walmart (or do it online) and have them printed the same day. They print sizes from 4x4 to 24x36. I've used them last minute a couple and have been happy with the finished product. That said if you're looking to include nudes in your portfolio I wouldn't send them there.

Thank you, Okay quality will work for this. I didn't even consider it!

Jen
p.s. edit to say, the pictures were really good and I will get better quality printing later for the older ones I will keep from a great friend and photographer and then hopefully get to update with other current work too.

Jan 10 24 03:51 pm Link

Artist/Painter

Hunter GWPB

King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, US

Welcome back!

Jan 11 24 10:04 am Link

Model

Figures Jen B

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Hunter  GWPB wrote:
Welcome back!

Hello and thank you!

smile

Nice to read you!

Jan 12 24 04:21 am Link

Photographer

G Reese

Marion, Indiana, US

Jen !   Welcome back. Nice to see a legend return. :-) 

Walmarts differ from one to the other.  Test print advised. Walgreens is another choice. Same issues.

Jan 13 24 07:43 am Link

Photographer

Dorola

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I would suggest you try Staple office depot. They seem to be used to doing presentation work with decent quality.

Jan 13 24 11:18 am Link

Model

Figures Jen B

Phoenix, Arizona, US

G Reese wrote:
Jen !   Welcome back. Nice to see a legend return. :-) 

Walmarts differ from one to the other.  Test print advised. Walgreens is another choice. Same issues.

Thank you!!

I went with the local Walmart, it did the job for now. I think I will send out to Phoenix Photo Lab for the actual portfolio.

Nice to be back! VERY nice compliment you gave me, awesome!

Now to the regular profile for the rest of my visit this morning. smile

Cheers! Thank you again for the super welcome!!

Jan 14 24 03:55 am Link

Model

Jen B

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Dorola wrote:
I would suggest you try Staple office depot. They seem to be used to doing presentation work with decent quality.

Thank you very much,

I almost tried them but, was lucky to get something from the local Walmart. I took the pictures and tacked them onto an 8.5 x 11" paper and slipped them into covers into a folder and has a makeshift portfolio. It definitely worked for what I needed and I will work on getting a more appropriate one for next time.

I'm glad to be back, thank you also to the responders in this thread.

Jen B

Jan 14 24 04:01 am Link

Photographer

Dorola

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Jen B wrote:

Thank you very much,

I almost tried them but, was lucky to get something from the local Walmart. I took the pictures and tacked them onto an 8.5 x 11" paper and slipped them into covers into a folder and has a makeshift portfolio. It definitely worked for what I needed and I will work on getting a more appropriate one for next time.

I'm glad to be back, thank you also to the responders in this thread.

Jen B

I'm a printer myself and been printing since the 1980s. Here at my studio, I have 13 different printers to handle a variety of needs. I run into quite a few models that need photos in a short time. Some models have artist photos that will not likely be printed at regular consumer stores. I usually offer to do a bit of touch up and optimization for the type of paper I'm printing on. At the same time, it is easy to make web images. Find a system that works for you, Best wishes in your career.

Jan 14 24 08:48 am Link

Photographer

Brooklyn Bridge Images

Brooklyn, New York, US

hienvy

Jan 14 24 11:22 am Link

Model

Jen B

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Dorola wrote:

I'm a printer myself and been printing since the 1980s. Here at my studio, I have 13 different printers to handle a variety of needs. I run into quite a few models that need photos in a short time. Some models have artist photos that will not likely be printed at regular consumer stores. I usually offer to do a bit of touch up and optimization for the type of paper I'm printing on. At the same time, it is easy to make web images. Find a system that works for you, Best wishes in your career.

Thank you,
This was interesting as well!
Jen B

Jan 14 24 05:04 pm Link

Model

Jen B

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Brooklyn Bridge Images wrote:
hienvy

Waving back!!

Hello. smile

Jan 14 24 05:05 pm Link