Forums > Critique > Which do you like?

Photographer

Express Unlimited

San Diego, California, US

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

I'm not sure what images to post - changed a few...

Should I limit to a certain style on here, like say, Art Nudes, which i am looking for models for?

Which images do you like??
I don't have many comments on my images here, so if you'd like to, please visit!

Britt

Jan 01 24 12:40 pm Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

Bellingham, Washington, US

Happy New Year to You!!!

You have plenty of quality work posted. I see no reason not to have a variety of images, it shows versatility, which is a solid asset. A select group of photos will only display one facet of your talents.

Jan 02 24 09:10 pm Link

Photographer

G Reese

Marion, Indiana, US

Shadow Dancer wrote:
Happy New Year to You!!!

You have plenty of quality work posted. I see no reason not to have a variety of images, it shows versatility, which is a solid asset. A select group of photos will only display one facet of your talents.

+1

Jan 03 24 06:54 am Link

Photographer

JSouthworth

Kingston upon Hull, England, United Kingdom

Express Unlimited wrote:
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

I'm not sure what images to post - changed a few...

Should I limit to a certain style on here, like say, Art Nudes, which i am looking for models for?

Which images do you like??
I don't have many comments on my images here, so if you'd like to, please visit!

Britt

I would say, find a form of expression you like, rather than consciously limiting yourself to any particular style or level. Art nude is a level but also a style.

There are advantages in working to adult level. You don't necessarily have to do explicit open leg pictures all the time, but you can shoot a much wider range of nude poses and use the ones you like best. You will probably get more pictures and better pictures that way with most models, it saves a lot of time if you can just give them general directions and let them express themselves.

Your choice of level(s) may depend partly on your motivation, on whether you're looking to establish yourself as an artist or doing it for fun on the social level, or both.

Jan 03 24 08:48 am Link

Photographer

JSouthworth

One advantage of working to adult, or full frontal nude level is that you can be fairly sure that a model who works to that level isn't in reality an undercover cop looking to make her monthly arrest quota with your ass. In the UK at least, they aren't allowed to take the deception that far, as illogical as that might seem if the only objective is to generate revenue from fines.

Jan 08 24 07:02 am Link

Photographer

JSouthworth

Be aware also that if you do any kind of nude photography however tasteful and artistic, you will probably get some vicious criticism from opportunistic social climbing jerks and retards. About 30% of people are too slow intellectually to even understand the concepts involved in creative photography, as opposed to the lowbrow kind they're familiar with.

As an example of this, quite recently there was an individual on this site who was accusing me of voyeurism which I think is pathetically lame, it's a bit like accusing a basketball player of being too tall. So lame in fact, that to actually point out how lame it is would be redundant in most situations. In this instance it was doubly pathetic because he or she was doing it anonymously using a pseudonym.

Jan 12 24 04:48 am Link