Forums > Critique > Critique please

Photographer

XLR8R

New York, New York, US

Mostly do products and architecture but I wanted to branch out into portraits.
What do you think of the editing, the poses, the color correction, composition...anything constructive would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Dec 28 23 10:23 pm Link

Photographer

Gold Rush Studio

Sacramento, California, US

I liked three of your shots enough to add them to my "Wickedly Good Art" list!

I especially like the shot with the bubbles! The light makes it look like the bubbles were a light effect added into the shot and then a closer look shows they were in frame! Nicely done!

The shot with the girl outside the restaurant is publication quality street photography. This is contest worthy. As in enter it in some contests and win some prizes!

The last one with the girl in the flowers is great for portrait or fashion photography. I like!

Good stuff!

Dec 29 23 01:41 pm Link

Photographer

XLR8R

New York, New York, US

Gold Rush Studio wrote:
I liked three of your shots enough to add them to my "Wickedly Good Art" list!

I especially like the shot with the bubbles! The light makes it look like the bubbles were a light effect added into the shot and then a closer look shows they were in frame! Nicely done!

The shot with the girl outside the restaurant is publication quality street photography. This is contest worthy. As in enter it in some contests and win some prizes!

The last one with the girl in the flowers is great for portrait or fashion photography. I like!

Good stuff!

Thank you so much! I listened to you and submitted the girl outside the restaurant photo for the pic of the day contest. My biggest hurdle with portrait photography is trying to make the shot more than just another "cute girl in frame". I wish to do striking portraits like high fashion Vogue photos but I need way more practice in posing and setting up the shots to make the picture interesting and meaningful. Thank you for your critique and adding my photos to your list.

Dec 29 23 07:43 pm Link

Photographer

Julietsdream

Burbank, California, US

*You have the eye...that's what counts..!!...Keep going..!!.....I too...Love the bubbles shot...and your portraits and other shots....all can be very editorial..!!....Just keep doing what you are doing...it's working....I love your choice of models, too..!!...Happy New Year..!!

Dec 30 23 06:04 am Link

Photographer

XLR8R

New York, New York, US

Julietsdream wrote:
*You have the eye...that's what counts..!!...Keep going..!!.....I too...Love the bubbles shot...and your portraits and other shots....all can be very editorial..!!....Just keep doing what you are doing...it's working....I love your choice of models, too..!!...Happy New Year..!!

Thank you so much. Editorial look. Yes...that's the word I'm looking for. I really want to do editorial style

Dec 30 23 02:52 pm Link

Photographer

Gold Rush Studio

Sacramento, California, US

XLR8R wrote:
I need way more practice in posing

Funny, I work hard to do exactly the opposite. Even if there's something I'm working towards I do my best to try to keep the model relaxed and then let her get to the destination on her own. Posing ends up being stiff and my thing is going for a natural and believable end result as opposed to Vogue or high fashion type shots.

Dec 31 23 03:52 pm Link