Model

TallMatureDancer

Portland, Oregon, US

Is there a particular area photogs go when they are offering TFP's? TIA smile

Aug 08 23 08:04 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

1) Your four latest images are not "M". Edit them to remove that flag.
2) Select an avatar.
3) Use the browse feature at the top of the page to search for photographers near you.

Aug 08 23 08:14 pm Link

Photographer

The Other Place

Los Angeles, California, US

The "castings" section of Model Mayhem allows you to search calls for models from local photographers.  In the same section, you can also search for availability notices from local photographers and other crew.

You can change the search settings to seek TFP and/or paid.

Likewise, you can post a casting seeking a photographer and/or post an availability notice for yourself as a model.

Additionally, in the "browse" section of Model Mayhem, you can search for the most recently active photographers in your area.

Aug 10 23 11:22 am Link

Photographer

AlaskanSeaAdventure

Apache Junction, Arizona, US

Like the others suggest, click on the browse and choose photographers, narrow down the area  you live in, or would like to shoot in, then reach out to them.

I am a shy photographer in the Phoenix area, and almost every single one of my models, have reached out to me asking if I would be interested, followed up with what you are looking for type of shoot, where and if you charge, how much.

I actually reached out to one model recently that was traveling in the area.  I liked her profile, and sent her a message asking if she had availability.  To my surprise, she was able to fit in some time for me.  Our shoot is in two weeks, and we have been in open communications since then, even though I am sure she is either busy driving, checking into hotels, dinning out with friends, and of course, scheduled shoots with other photographers.

If you do a bit of traveling and you know your schedule, already have a hotel, then reach out and let them know that you already have the hotel and would be willing to shoot there.

And, if you ever travel to the Phoenix area, let me know, I would be more than willing to do some TFP.

Aug 11 23 05:39 am Link

Photographer

Francisco Castro

Cincinnati, Ohio, US

Go to Insta.

Search #photographer #nearest_city

Pick someone whose work you like

message them.

They may, or they may not do TF shoots. But it costs you nothing to try.

Modeling, real world modeling, has a lot of rejections. Learning to take rejection is just as important as learning the emote for photographs.

Aug 12 23 10:05 am Link

Model

TallMatureDancer

Portland, Oregon, US

Thanks, everyone...this was helpful smile

Aug 28 23 12:58 pm Link

Photographer

John Silva Photography

Fairfield, California, US

TallMatureDancer wrote:

Tall, pretty much the highlights have been said. I'll add a few points to that, that I would look for.
First I would look for photographers that you REALLY like their work, not just like it. You will get for your portfolio what you see! Look for out of the box poses that had to be WORKED for, not just lay/stand there and let me take your picture. Also the outfits, for example, is their portfolio full of models in jeans and T-shirts? A sign that nobody cared. Maybe a good mix of both studio and locations with good lighting.
And to me it's important, do they call out their models in their portfolios? Or once you hit their ports are you just another anonymous face in their crowd. You want at least passive promotion!
Remember it takes the same amount of time to produce a great photo as a crappy one. And as has been said, IF you find yourself in NoCal, I'd love to work with you!!!
Good luck

Sep 03 23 08:10 pm Link

Photographer

Lallure Photographic

Taylors, South Carolina, US

If you see a photographer whose work you like, even if the genres don't seem to suit you, don't be afraid to ask if they would be interested in doing a shoot with you, in genres that work for you.

Look for local photographers who you can communicate with to benefit both of you, first, and then the next closest place where you can find other possible choices next.

Photographers like to keep busy.............even if it is a trade shoot. If you are a dancer, then you probably would like to incorporate that, into your update, whether indoor or outdoor. Good photographers can shoot whatever is needed.

Rick

Sep 08 23 01:06 pm Link

Photographer

myfotographer

Fresno, California, US

Lots of photographers will accept TFP shoots for the right opportunity. Rather that be model, location, company, concept, etc.

I'd suggest finding local photographer whose work you like and can visualize you in their work. A polite message that clearly states why you are reaching out and what you have to offer them that adds value (IE why is should they accept the shoot).

I like that you list some of what you would be into, but don't wait for photographers to find you.

You might also consider posting an availability notice as many of us do read them for local models OR when traveling to see who is actively shooting.

Search the casting calls and actually apply with a thought out message for opportunities you match with.

Keep hustling.

Nov 25 23 10:11 pm Link

Photographer

Adam_G

Quincy, Massachusetts, US

TallMatureDancer wrote:

I was going to add that in your profile you should set your compensation to ANY or list things out and be sure TFP/TFCD and the equivalents  are checked off. And to add it to your profile description in the "about me" section but it appears you've done that. I know I'll sometimes do a search and have Time For Prints as one of the filters, which is how some photographers may find you.

Jan 19 24 06:33 am Link