Forums > Critique > Critiques are welcome

Photographer

jluisp

Madrid, Madrid, Spain

Hello,

Please feel free to give me your critique and feedback on my limited portfolio and photos. Looking forward to your comments so that I can get better.

Thanks

Jun 03 23 12:27 am Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

jluisp wrote:
Hello,

Please feel free to give me your critique and feedback on my limited portfolio and photos. Looking forward to your comments so that I can get better.

Thanks

You have four wonderful models that you are working with.  From one images to the next, everyone is so similar in posing and background.  What I would suggest is add diversity.  Anything from models wearing a larger variety of clothing to a different background settings.  Seems all the your images appear outdoors, so get some indoor and/or studio shots in there if you can. Best wishes!

Jun 05 23 12:47 pm Link

Photographer

eyephotoread

Chicago, Illinois, US

Lighting work seems pretty good for most part. Like your use of outdoor spaces.

You might want to remove the mature tag from your pictures so they're more readily accessible to everyone, since there's not mature content in them.

Might want to add a bit more diversity in type of shots/genres.

Jun 08 23 10:36 am Link

Photographer

A-M-P

Orlando, Florida, US

It would be beneficial for you to curate your portfolio, as having too many photos from the same session can be overwhelming for viewers. Nobody wants to see an excessive number of photos from a single shoot. Instead, select the top 1-2 images that truly stand out and showcase your skills. Posting numerous average images diminishes the overall quality of your portfolio. Consider editing down your collection and featuring only your best 20 images, rather than including 50 average or below-average photos. Additionally, I would recommend changing your profile photo and opting for a more inviting image

Jun 24 23 04:42 pm Link

Photographer

Rhea Monson

Walnut Grove, Alabama, US

Try for a little more separation between model and background.
You have pretty models.
             Best wishes, and keep shooting.

Jun 25 23 08:25 pm Link

Photographer

Lallure Photographic

Taylors, South Carolina, US

I will just add to the other comments. You are placing your models against backgrounds where you are using very harsh lighting, and creating very harsh shadows. That works better on men than women. Use a softer light source, whether it is diffused sunlight, or a soft box, if a photo light. I even have a soft box, for my candid lights.

Your early morning/late afternoon, outdoor lighting, goes cold in color temperature, and you need to warm that back up, with proper filtration. You can train yourself to visually see that you need that filtration, when you look at a scene.

Rick

Sep 07 23 08:19 am Link