Forums > Newbie Forum > Modeling Full Time.

Model

FoxieMoxie

Winchester, Virginia, US

Hey everybody!
My stage name is Khloe and I was wondering if anyone on here models as the main source of income? I think I want to do this more seriously and I was wondering if anyone had tips and tricks of how to do it.

May 08 23 05:34 pm Link

Photographer

myfotographer

Fresno, California, US

I am glad the model bug has bitten you and you've positioned yourself to make your own decisions.

There are full time models on MM. They work their butts off. My input is to work you butt off to.

I hope some stop by this thread an make themselves available. But don't wait for them to come to you. Go find them - MM searched would be an obvious start. Participate in the forums as you have here, but read through them. You'll come across frequent posters and will soon pick up on those making a solid go at full time. Check the edu link. There are articles written by very talented successful models.

Search for local models and photographers and start reaching.

Pay attention to the casting call and apply in a professional way.

Best of luck to you!

May 08 23 08:05 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

1Khloe1 wrote:
Hey everybody!
My stage name is Khloe and I was wondering if anyone on here models as the main source of income? I think I want to do this more seriously and I was wondering if anyone had tips and tricks of how to do it.

Welcome to Modelmayhem! 

One of my good friends is from West Virginia.  She is a successful business woman who started out modeling, moved on to acting on "reality TV" to work her way up to becoming a millionaire on an MTV show.  She worked with some of my photographer friends who were just starting out. With her skills as a photographer herself, she helped them learn more about photographing people. 

So what I would tell you .. or she would say if she were still using this platform is to remember that it's your choice.  Take control of your career and do it with passion.  If you are not enjoying the direction you are going, then change direction, not yourself.  Be cautious, but not paranoid. Don't let the bad experiences bring you down .. and you will have bad experiences, but they are to be learned from. 

You can never get too much of an education, so keep reading and learning everyday!  Modeling is an activity. Some people are good at it, some are not. It helps to practice in front of a mirror to see what poses are most attractive to you. Keep in mind that the Internet is just an advanced tool for communication. It's amazing we can communicate around the World in real time, but there are people who abuse it.  So don't put up with assholes!  You're going to get messages and emails that are disgusting, frightening, and even threatening. Block and delete immediately!  Cowards with keyboards abound!

If some guy with camera is paying you, but pushing your boundaries, reiterate your boundaries and if they persist, it's okay to stop the shoot.  It's also okay to ask if you can bring someone when working with a photographer for the first time. If ANYONE touches you inappropriately, get law enforcement involved.  Sexual misconduct must not go without consequences to the offender.  (I'm so glad to see that E. Jean Carroll won her case against Trump)

Be on time or even early and prepared to shoot. The thing photographers complain about the most around here is models who are late, or even flake completely or don't answer emails and messages. Try using other platforms besides Modelmayhem.  Clear Communication Is Key!  Most importantly, take care of yourself.  Best wishes!

May 09 23 05:22 pm Link

Photographer

Adventure Photos

Palos Park, Illinois, US

1Khloe1 wrote:
Hey everybody!

It can turn out that way if you have what photographers are looking for.  I know a model who works a full time job in education She began modeling here about 16 months ago and by her 4th month, she was hauling in a couple thousand or more extra cash a week just doing a few week day shoots and a day or two on weekends.  So even as part time, it was became her main income for sure,, by 10 fold easily.

May 09 23 09:06 pm Link

Photographer

Angel House Portraits

Orlando, Florida, US

It all starts by what look you bring to the table. It might sound like profiling but it really is the one determining factor. I know a model who I began collaborating with. She now does paid shoots and she is busy every week. Another thing to consider is what markets are you in. The bigger the city the better. Around here there is a high volume of photographers and with it comes demand. It’s amazing how many respond to an upcoming model with great looks.

May 10 23 07:14 pm Link