Forums > Newbie Forum > Is this technically modelling experience?

Model

Simon Rob

Durham, England, United Kingdom

Just realised I have appeared on the book covers of some books by Werevamp Media Ltd. Does this count as modelling experience? The thing is its my company and I wrote the books. Not asking about whether its a quality thing to say, or whether its even career enhancing, is it technically modelling experience as I was photographed by professional modelling photographer, paid for by the company, for the companies use.

Apr 09 23 05:04 am Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

Simon Rob wrote:
I have appeared on the book covers of some books by Werevamp Media Ltd. Does this count as modelling experience?

I think that posing front of a camera is modeling experience.
Being on book covers is being published.

Of course it is all part of your experience.
I wonder why these definitions mean so much to you.

Edit: Can you post those images? Or maybe some images from the photo shoots?

Apr 09 23 09:22 am Link

Model

Simon Rob

I did a photoshoot and can post them. Some are on my portfolio page. My company owns them and as the company is mine I can post the images but difficult to get to upload here. I was just thinking if that means I should say that I have some experience. You see I do not want to mislead people there are enough conmen around without joining them.

Apr 09 23 10:38 am Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

Simon Rob wrote:
Some are on my portfolio page. I can post the images but difficult to get to upload here.

Which ones are on your portfolio page? Mention in the caption field.
Why don't you post copyright?
I have no difficulty uploading images.

Apr 09 23 01:51 pm Link

Model

Simon Rob

It says the files are too big. All the files on my portfolio will or have been used as book cover images.

Apr 09 23 01:53 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

Simon Rob wrote:
It says the files are too big.

Your image sizes are 800x1199 pixels and the JPG file sizes are 126.4 KB or 185.6 KB.
There should be no problem uploading files of this size.

Apr 09 23 07:47 pm Link

Model

Simon Rob

I cannot find a help file on how to upload to posts? I will try to upload some. There is nothing suspicious I will just upload the pictures: if I can work out how.
This is an instagram link of one I used as a book cover but cut down a bit for instagram size. I hope it isn't a problem that it is instagram.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cp5jWkosUc5/

Here is one on here used on a book cover.
https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/47857576

Apr 09 23 08:18 pm Link

Photographer

P R E S T O N

Birmingham, England, United Kingdom

Simon Rob wrote:
I did a photoshoot and can post them. Some are on my portfolio page. My company owns them and as the company is mine I can post the images but difficult to get to upload here. I was just thinking if that means I should say that I have some experience. You see I do not want to mislead people there are enough conmen around without joining them.

I wouldn't worry about misleading photographers, they aren't generally so easily taken in.

Models often claim all sorts of things in their profile notes, but photographers will generally look first at a model's portfolio and if the portfolio is lacking anything they say in their notes won't even be read.

And if someone does happen to read the notes first, and finds claims/statements which aren't evidenced by the standard of the portfolio images, the model will likely be characterised as a chancer and once acquired reputations aren't easily shaken off.

It's all about the images, worry about them first and to a large extent the notes become redundant.

Apr 10 23 10:45 am Link