Forums > Contests > 18+ Submission bounced ... opinions?

Photographer

Foto Vagabond

Huntsville, Alabama, US

The Mods said this image doesn't comply with the new rules and emphasizes the genitals too much. Thoughts? I thought it was well within compliance.

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/contest/ … 36-big.jpg

Mar 24 23 04:09 pm Link

Photographer

JQuest

Syracuse, New York, US

There's been an ongoing discussion on this in the site related forum. Here's a link to a comment that compares an acceptable to an unacceptable image as described by the mods. maybe you can figure it out. I sure AF can't.

https://www.modelmayhem.com/forums/post … st19974425

Mar 24 23 08:52 pm Link

Model

Nat the droid

Sacramento, California, US

The model seems to be standing with shoulders width or less between feet, crotch is not closer to camera than face, my guess is that mods are penalizing prominent genitals as an unwritten rule.

Welcome to the Mayhem...

Mar 25 23 12:17 am Link

Photographer

Znude!

Baton Rouge, Louisiana, US

They will say you are zoomed in too close. Add a two inch border around it and you should be fine.

Mar 25 23 08:57 am Link

Photographer

Glamour by Glenn

Chattanooga, Tennessee, US

They don’t like models with labias that can be seen.

Apr 01 23 07:52 pm Link

Model

B-F-G

Stacy, Minnesota, US

I for one appreciate that they are attempting to implement rules for the 18+ contests that deemphasize genitalia.  If you review the contest history, a large number of female contest winners were models with spread legs, inner vagina and/or anus clearly visible, and in several cases with fluids visible.

That said, the new rules are subjective and so uneven enforcement is inevitable.  And it's not always about how visible the genitals are - I tried to submit a photo that had a one-knee-kneeling pose where the genitals were heavily shadowed to the point they were almost invisible, yet it was still rejected.

Some objective rules - "knees not more than shoulder width apart if genitals are visible", "genitals do not take up more than x percent of photo", etc. would be welcome.  But even that latter one could be difficult since it's a fact of nature that some people's genitals - both male and female - are larger and more visible that others'.

Apr 02 23 06:27 pm Link