Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > Retouching Course/Mentorship

Retoucher

NickWatson

London, England, United Kingdom

Hi everyone,

Havent been on here for many years, but this is where it all started for me.

I have gone on to hone my skills to become a senior retoucher, working with some of the biggest and most renowned brands in the fashion industry such as Gucci, Burberry, Armani, and Nike.

Now, I am in a position where I would like to give back to the community that helped me start my journey and share my knowledge and expertise by creating a comprehensive masterclass course on retouching. I am eager to know what specific topics and areas of difficulty you would like to learn and need help with as I design the course.

Additionally, I am considering offering small group sessions over Zoom or a similar platform to provide a more interactive and personalized learning experience. I am open to any suggestions and welcome any ideas that would help make the course even more effective.

I am excited to share my wealth of knowledge and skills to help others excel in retouching and I look forward to hearing your feedback.

If you are curious to see my work (it's understandable from such bold claims!) here are a couple of links:

Stills portfolio:
https://nickwatsonuk.myportfolio.com/home

Company website:
www.escapehatchstudio.com

I am looking forward to starting this conversation and seeing what you all need!

Many thanks

Nick x

Jan 18 23 06:35 am Link

Retoucher

Vigneshwaran Retoucher

Tiruppur, Tamil Nadu, India

Looking forward to share and learn from the experienced professionals.
thanks in advance

Jan 18 23 08:36 pm Link

Retoucher

Ivan Zayats Retouch

Minsk, Minsk, Belarus

start a Youtube channel, share your experience

Jan 19 23 08:27 pm Link

Photographer

LA StarShooter

Los Angeles, California, US

I would suggest dividing the course into sections, such as: beauty, product, and  commercial--where you dump everything that isn't beauty and products.

Start off with a client brief for each section. The student downloads the photo. Then follows the technique panel to achieve the goal.

Hope that helps you

Jan 21 23 09:54 am Link

Retoucher

NickWatson

Ok cool,

Good suggestions so far!

Would anyone be interested to attend a free 1 hour Q&A over zoom?

N x

Jan 24 23 05:41 am Link

Photographer

Matt Tofel Photography

East Northport, New York, US

Definitely.  When are you thinking?

Jan 25 23 11:53 pm Link

Retoucher

NickWatson

im based in London, so the time would be within GMT. But if a few people want to join, then we can see what works best for all the time zones!

Jan 28 23 02:56 am Link

Retoucher

Natti_Retoucher

Kiev, Kiev, Ukraine

Post hidden on Mar 06, 2023 06:03 am
Reason: violates rules

Feb 23 23 12:48 am Link