Forums > Newbie Forum > Finding retouchers.

Photographer

MatthewGuy

Perth, Western Australia, Australia

Hi there.

After getting back into, then falling back out of the hobby for some time, I am starting to realise that I am struggling with my finer editing skills, particularly in getting rid of the small skin blemishes, or even getting the colour balances correct.

It has finally dawned on me that I may need to hire someone to do the work for me, and alot leads to one ultimate question:

How much is a reasonable price to pay?

Now, I am well aware that it depends on so many things, such as how many images need to be worked, how much work is required to each image, and many other considerations.

Though, as a reasonable ball park, how much am I needing to offer? What asking price should be seen as "Tis person is trying to take the advantage..."?

Thank you very much.

Nov 09 22 01:05 am Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

You might browse in the Digital Art and Retouching forum. Look at the work of the various retouchers and determine what you think their work is worth.

I'm looking at your portfolio; do you have any current work that needs to be retouched?

MatthewGuy wrote:
How much is a reasonable price to pay?

I have paid $30 for several rather simple jobs. I have seen prices as high as $150 advertised. Some retouchers will charge an hourly rate and some will estimate the difficulty of the particular job.

For my own work, I'm trying to learn Affinity Photo.

Nov 09 22 06:28 am Link

Photographer

MatthewGuy

Perth, Western Australia, Australia

First, thank you for replying. The prices you gave at least give me an idea of where to start in negotiating prices.

I do have a few images I would like touched up, and I hope to be working on a few projects over the next couple of months.

Nov 09 22 11:50 pm Link

Retoucher

Kseniya Retoucher

Barnaul, Altaiski Kray, Russia

Post hidden on Jul 26, 2023 06:25 am
Reason: violates rules

Jul 09 23 06:55 am Link