Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > Suggested Replacements for Corel 9

Photographer

Fall River Photo

Salinas, California, US

I have used Corel 9 since its release, loading onto a succession of new machines as time has passed. As an auxiliary backing up ACDSee Ultimate, for transparencies, cutting-and-pasting, and collaging I find it to be indispensable. For layouts, the vector program Corel Draw is familiar to me and I know the menus and workflow well.

In short, Corel 9 does what I need it to do...except for loading fully (i.e., usably) onto my brand-new Windows 11 laptop (with great speed, huge SSD, more than sufficient RAM, etc.).

If someone knows what I'm missing in trying to make the ancient runes reappear on my new machine, I'm open to recommendations there.

But, even though I imagine that I know what most will recommend, what replacement for Corel 9 (Photo-paint and Corel Draw) requires an reasonably economical financial investment while offering both vectored and photo-editing facility?

Thanks in advance to those who don't make me feel exceptionally old. ;-)

Yours,
Bill

Aug 27 22 06:01 pm Link

Retoucher

Patreshas Editing

Frankston, Victoria, Australia

They have changed to Painshop Pro Ultimate the newest is Painshop Pro Ultimate 2023

Sep 12 22 08:15 pm Link

Photographer

MrJoelieC

Milford, New Hampshire, US

I have the latest Corel Paint Shop Pro, I like you used to use the old Corel Product and loved it and I was very nervous about Paint Shop Pro... I got the latest Ultimat package which also came with a few extra stuff including a sclaed down version of Corel Aftershot 3... After Shot is essentially Corels version of lightroom...Without the Adobe Yearly Tax... I liked that one so much I upgraded to the Pro version and have never looked back at Adobe..

But I Digress The Ultimate Editon 2023 is available on Amazon for 99 bucks... the Old version 2022 is available on amazon for 49 bucks... Since they are made for windows 10 I think they should work on windows 11...

Cheers!

Sep 13 22 12:22 pm Link